What you did today

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Went to my grandfather's [military] funeral today. It made the local paper.

92, not bad. Definitely not an age to take for granted to reach. Sound like an interesting life, good and bad and all :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Managed a little over three hours sleep last night, so facing the morning with a bit of an Ugh.

I will say however, that while mini-stollen might not be the most healthy of choices for some form of breakfast/morning nibbles.. the repeated mini-sugar rushes do help you keep going... :(

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

the repeated mini-sugar rushes do help you keep going... :(

I used that technique when I was a prosecutor. I gained 15 kilos in 7 months. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

the repeated mini-sugar rushes do help you keep going... :p

I used that technique when I was a prosecutor. I gained 15 kilos in 7 months. :p

So far I have been blessed / cursed with a frame that won't fill out. I've been bouncing between 9.5 and 11 stone (60-70kg) for the last 15 years roundabouts.

That includes the 4 or 5 years of weightliftng and planned exercise...

Of course, what bugged me with that, was there was a group of us that did it.. everyone else developed bulk and definition... While I lifted the weights.. I just got some tone and no bulk.. :(

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

My kids have been really bad about sleeping the last couple nights and I'm feeling it. My son who is 9 months, went to bed at 7 last night but then woke up at 9, 12, and 4, then he wouldn't go back to bed after 4. My wife suggested drugging him at one point.

Got my XBOX's RROD repaired. Reactivated my LIVE account. Just need to go home to enjoy it all. I'll be bringing my 360 on the road with me.

Edit: Also started sending my r

Edited by AngryKidJoe

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

Watched daily show, saw a segment by John Oliver about finding one of the 14 "missing" democrats from the whole Wisconsin thing. That particular segment feactured Rob Blagoyavic (the disgraced Illinois governor) supporting the senators and the protestors in Wisconsin.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Saved a man from being trapped under a train at Paddington station last night. Stupid bastard dropped something under the train about to depart and dived after it like a ferret down a rabbit hole. I had to grab his ankles to stop him sliding in after it. Very impressed with my quickness of thinking. Other bystander stopped to help haul him back up and out. Nearly smashed my laptop as I dropped it in haste. Git didn't even stop to thank me/us properly. :p

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect

Good man, but what an ungrateful ****wit, you should've let him go, especially if your laptop had of smashed.

Saved a man from being trapped under a train at Paddington station last night. Stupid bastard dropped something under the train about to depart and dived after it like a ferret down a rabbit hole. I had to grab his ankles to stop him sliding in after it. Very impressed with my quickness of thinking. Other bystander stopped to help haul him back up and out. Nearly smashed my laptop as I dropped it in haste. Git didn't even stop to thank me/us properly. :ermm:

Ladies and Gentlemen, our hero! :x

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

our Senile Superman swoops in to save the day, but forgets his pants in the process

:ermm::x:lol: :lol:

Seriously though, good job Wals.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Awesome Wals, you deserve a medal o:)

I filled up the gas and propane tanks for my RV, we are taking a trip this weekend to Monterey. Gas is dang expensive right now, but we aren't driving far, so it won't be too bad. I'm a bit worried about a consistent dripping I am getting from the outside water nozzle, where you plug the hose in for city water. It isn't a lot of water, but I don't remember it doing that before. Hopefully it is just something that needs to be tightened.

Saved a man from being trapped under a train at Paddington station last night. Stupid bastard dropped something under the train about to depart and dived after it like a ferret down a rabbit hole. I had to grab his ankles to stop him sliding in after it. Very impressed with my quickness of thinking. Other bystander stopped to help haul him back up and out. Nearly smashed my laptop as I dropped it in haste. Git didn't even stop to thank me/us properly. o:)

Next time, let 'em die.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Guest The Architect

Do you think there's any way to convince a paranoid schizophrenic conspiracy nut who thinks psychiatrists are a bunch of evil drug pushing tycoons that they have a mental disorder and they need help?

Edited by The Architect

Friendly kidnapping.

Do you not watch sitcoms or something? :shifty:

(Seriously, I guess the mission is to contrive some situation that can convince him he's got issues.... )

Guest The Architect

I'd like to strap him to a room of highly educated people that can explain this a lot better than me and force him to listen, but I think he's too far gone and there's nothing that can be done about it. ****ing internet, I hate all those ****ing conspiracy sites that encourage these whack jobs.

Ah, **** it. You know what, he seems happy living in his fantasy world, and he's not a bad person, so, whatever, some people will never change their beliefs if it fulfils their psychological need for it.

Edited by The Architect

Ah, **** it. You know what, he seems happy living in his fantasy world, and he's not a bad person, so, whatever, some people will never change their beliefs if it fulfils their psychological need for it.

Then cure him of his happiness. Keep hitting him with a big stick until he realises that he has a problem. If he asks why you suddenly started whacking him with a big stick, just explain to him that you are exorcising the Happy Demon that has possessed him for his own good. Eventually he'll realise that he needs help :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Guest The Architect

Hahaha, yeah, good thinking 99. I've probably got a bit of a problem myself, to tell you the truth, just because I know better than his bull****, doesn't mean I should want to kill him, but if you were to listen to some of the stuff he's said... you'd know where I'm coming from. It's like a religion to these people. He's actually quite a good writer, he should write a fantasy novel or movie script, make some cash, then he can get the **** out of this house.

I think about all the clueless bastards including relatives of mine who come and go, they meet my brother, we all have a normal conversation, and they don't realise what a mad man they're really talking to just because he looks like he could be a model rather than looking like the satirical version of a tin-foil hatter, and never bringing up politics or anything. This stuff is on and off for me, it plays on my mind and I know I've brought this up before, but it really gets on my nerves. But the smart thing to do would be to just Let It Be, right? It's not like nutters can't function in society and live conventional lives either, I'm sure he'll get there eventually.

Are we talking about Charlie Sheen? :shifty:

How can you do that when they think there's nothing wrong with them?

There's something wrong with everyone. Maybe take him under the guise of asking for moral support for YOUR needs at the doc's office.

Also the writing thing could be really good.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.