I've currently got hiravias using Durances staff when he's not casting or shifted, but was debating switching to the speed stick. Am I under rating the speed enchant? Because dual damage crush/fire seems better. Those seem to be the two most recommended quarterstaves, but feel free to suggest alternatives ;). Ideally I'd dw something so I have 2 weapon style when shifted, but I don't have melee space for a non-reach melee.

It depends. ;)

If you meet crush resistant (or immune) enemies, then Durance's Staff is better. In all other cases Llawran's Stick will be the better choice. The speed enchantment is especially good if you can combine it with other speed buffs like Gauntlets of Swift Action, Frenzy or Alacrity or Nature's Bounty or Potion of Power and Durgan Steel - because those speed modifiers stack multiplicatively. 

So, if you don't like to switch weapons too much then I'd use Durance's Staff. If you tend to adapt your weapons to every type of enemy then Llawran's Stick would be no. 1 and Durance's Staff would be the backup.

And another thing: Durance's Staff comes with a burning lash. So unless you can't also put a lash on Llawran's Stick I'd stay with Durance's.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Depends on:

- what armor you have equipped

- what other speed related effects/talents there are to take into account

For example if Hiravias:

- is in hide armor, and there are not other effects: Llawran's staff will attack only 11% faster than Durance' staff.

- is in durganized hide armor, both staves are also durganized, and is under effect of DAoM potion: Llawran's staff will attack 47% faster

Edited by MaxQuest

Figuring this stuff out is part of the fun - I'm trying to pay attention to gear that I've ignored on previous aborted play throughs. I think this is the first time I've used any of the staves, since I usually stick an arquebus on Durance and an implement in Aloth. Thanks!

• Like 2

So that's why characters take damage from it... :)

And yes, figuring it out was fun. In the first play-through I had my MC naked, until I've found a piece of clothing. Now I know that even wearing hide armor, is not such a big hinder (in early-mid game) to auto-attack dps (with single weapon). Not to mention that hide provides extra bonuses vs pierce and freeze - two most nasty damage types in the early game (xaurips, shades, spiders, lions, wolves)

P.S. I wish Durance' Robe gave a bonus DR vs freeze (instead of fire)... that would be like anti-shade plate.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

So that's why characters take damage from it... :)

Now that this secret is revealed, I wonder why a wizard who uses this technique can't use both hands...?  :shrugz: 

Sanctifier also doesn't work with Holy Radiance. The best way to make Holy Radiance one-shot most vessels is to boost your MIG to ultimo. With things like Minor Avatar or Champion's Boon and the right dispositions as MC it's really powerful. Although it obviously doesn't help you at all against the Eyeless.

I once played a vessel-slayer-priest with up to 50 MIG and also took Sanctifier and used the Bartender's Ring in order to boost the Radiance's damage - and I thought it worked because most vessels got totally obliterated by it. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Yeap Radiance is great. Especially on MC priest.

It's especially nice that damage coefficients stack multiplicatively with intellect bonus when calculating total damage. 

Btw, Sanctifier (and Scion of Flame) should work with Radiance, if you install UPMod  :dancing:

If you can use IEMod - then yes, definitely.

I have found a mini-guide by Ineth how to use the Patchwork on Linux here.

As for UPMod, you just drop UPMod.pw.dll in the same /Mods folder where you would drop IEMod.pw.dll. Launch Patchwork and then tick it in the list of available mods. (more detailed info can be found here)

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

No problem)

I am interested in how will it go as well :)

Or if there are any problems I could send the patched Assembly-CSharp.dll, provided that the originals do match on Windows and Linux.

If it ain't hard could you tell me it's md5? I am not quite familiar with terminal, but something like that should work:

cd <Installation folder>/PillarsOfEternity_Data/Managed/ 

md5sum Assembly-CSharp.dll