PA Report about Eternity and Brennecke - new concept art

I like this one better than the bearded guy one posted before. The boob-plate here is not nearly to the point where I find it overtly stupid and I really like the look of the armor overall. She looks pretty bad-ass overall.

I think the main thing I don't care for in these art-pieces is the color-scheme. It just looks rather drab to look at.

Also, she has a big gun and a shield on her back as well, interesting.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I actually really like the concept art. I didn't even notice the boob plate until everyone pointed it out. Now I can't *not* see it. Thanks guys.

I would also like to see a nice middle ground between unisex armor and fashion armor. In the newest concept art I think just softening the the curve in at the end of the breast area would do that. Just make it less extreme. It would still clearly be female armor, but not obviously designed for sex appeal.

In my mind she is seasoned adventurer...most probably she has the money to have custom breastplate made.

EDIT: It would be fun if you enetera town and see blacksmith and he acually says that for a decent fee, he will refit plate, chain. scale or whatever armor PC or companions are wearing. MAybe even custom made one. So you acually get some sort of non magical bonus for wearing it. Character gets improved movment and speed, or you loose penalty for wearing something that isnt meant for you. So, I m not hating the picture, just as long this isnt your typical female mass produced breastplate.

Edited by Tauron

magic021.jpg

I would also like to see a nice middle ground between unisex armor and fashion armor. In the newest concept art I think just softening the the curve in at the end of the breast area would do that. Just make it less extreme. It would still clearly be female armor, but not obviously designed for sex appeal.

The other side doesn't seem to be extreme at all. So, this may just be a case of perspective.

Also, we would have to see the actual in-game model first, to make that distinction.

By the way, is it wrong to admit that when I see an exposed midriff the first thing that comes to mind isn't how attractive it is but how you could get some decent stabs in their with an sword or mess it up with an axe swing?

That too. Our heroine here has a pretty damn expensive set of armor, including carefuly made (and well-drawn, by the way, unlike some other parts) plate gloves, bracers and everything. There is no reason to break the plate set and leave her belly open like that, exept for purely fashion purposes.

Edited by Shadenuat

Well, this looks better to me :

armor-of-elizabeth-the-golden-age1.jpg

I understand that plate armor is generally not tight fitting thus "boobplate" is pretty much not needed. And if the lady needs room, it would just be widened across the whole front plate and not just bulged out. But Cate Blanchett also has less need for "boobplate" than most men who work out their chests in any capacity.

Edited by ogrezilla

A quick note about the color, or look of this art...

I'm not sure how many people here paint, but usually before one paints a portrait, he/she will do an underpainting, or sketch in a sepia tone to serve as the guidlines for the actual art. This is how I take these recent concept pieces, as a sort of underpainting from which the character designs will eventually develop.

Cheers

I too find the concept art average compared to the ranger pic. But I am patient. Why hasn't the female musketeer got a melee weapon?

I'm thinking she has a knife hidden somewhere, or maybe she uses the gun to bludgeon her enemies to death?

Thanks, now I hope I can pistol whip goblins in this game.

Great, it even has a visible nipple bulge. How 'typical' in a bad way. :p I guess guys really need their boob plate, huh. (Yes, I know plenty of guys aren't into that either.)

Well, at least her midriff isn't visible.

Considering other stuff out there, that armor is very prudish.

Ha ha, yeah, the boobplate might have been questionable if my standards for practical armor weren't set so low by other games. I'll take what I can get. At least she has full armor on.

Not impressed by the art so far, with the exception of the dwarf piece. Eidar looks like every other D&D warrior ever (but according to Sawyer it's meant to look that way because he doesn't like to draw attention), this Cadegund woman looks like a fan artist's attempt to make a realistic version of some extremely cartoony character, otherwise I just can't make sense of her design.

Then again, this kind of designs isn't very important for the final game since they're going iso with painted backgrounds. I'm just hoping that the environmental art will be top-notch and the final portraits won't be quite this.. bland. The world having some kind of personality would be a nice bonus. It's not like I expect all that much, I actually liked Dungeon Siege III's art direction (awful female Lescanzi's designs notwithstanding), but so far, uh, nothing I could call inspiring.

Not impressed by the art so far, with the exception of the dwarf piece. Eidar looks like every other D&D warrior ever (but according to Sawyer it's meant to look that way because he doesn't like to draw attention), this Cadegund woman looks like a fan artist's attempt to make a realistic version of some extremely cartoony character, otherwise I just can't make sense of her design.

Why exactly? And what is *cartoony* about her?

Stealing from SA here, but

GYWDCl.png

Edited by C2B
  • Like 1

That uh.. doesn't really look anywhere close to the concept art, so I'm not sure what's the point?

And the whole full-armor + bandana + shotgun is a really weird combination, the kind of you can find in works that are a lot more stylized than PE. That's why I commented.

That uh.. doesn't really look anywhere close to the concept art, so I'm not sure what's the point?

And the whole full-armor + bandana + shotgun is a really weird combination, the kind of you can find in works that are a lot more stylized than PE. That's why I commented.

Pointing out that full-armor (+possible shield) + firearm isn't an unusal combination. You need something to defend yourself if the enemy is near after all. Especially on the level of technology Eternity is at.

Like constantly.

Edited by C2B
  • Like 1