Should Revan have an "official" face/storyline?

Do you think Revan should have an "official" appearance?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Revan should have an "official" appearance?

• Aye
    • Nay

Well, i hav an idea for a Revan/KOTOR movie.

Unfortunately, my idea prevents a release at the cinema, and will only work on dvd, but here me out.

Instead of an official face/storyline, it is done just like the game. You choose the face, gender etc.

You do not choose the dialogue, and what happens in the story up to the point on top of the Rakatan temple.(unfortunate, but neccesary) but you do choose whether your character becomes lightside and darkside on top of that temple.

Doubt a KOTOR movie will ever be done, but if one is done, this might help them out.

Sort of semi-on-topic, with Lucas announcing that the SW franchise will probably move into television in 2006, which era do you guys think this will occur in?

Do you see a KOTOR-era show? Personally, I don't know if KOTOR-era would be that interesting as a television show. I don't know if the "Jedi-Sith" battle translates well to the small screen.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

GL will probably make a spin-off between EIII and EIV.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Well, if KOTOR becomes small screen tv series, i am guessing they would have to make each episode about 2 hours long to make it effective, much like the old Sharpe series on ITV. (no longer showing, as i said, old series)

Edited by KOTORFanactic

GL will probably make a spin-off between EIII and EIV.

That seems to be the popular consensus.

If done right, that could actually be interesting if the show portrayed how the Rebellion was actually born, and the early days of its fight against the growing Empire.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

• 1 month later...

Revan already has an official "face" you know the robe w/ hood up and mask on, I know it is a fairly dark sider apperance but LS Revan could wear something similar.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I'm not talking about the game. In the game, you can pick whatever you want, sure. But I'm talking about the official Star Wars universe. Otherwise, he WON'T HAVE a story. Wonder why he's not in the Star Wars databank?

Maybe because he didn't become famous. Just in the game, and not inthe Stars Wars "official" universe like you said. Just my guess. Or it's just too hard to make a character that won't upset everybody but a few.

I mean, everybody has his/her own Revan made up in their minds. So they chose not to make Revan official like thay did with Malak.

Personally, i wouldn't mind how they made Revan as long as he gets a site just like Malak, he deserves it much more than Malak does. :shifty:

No way. The cool thing about KOTOR was that you were able to craft the story, and influence your character. I'd hate to lose that, though with all the different faces in KOTOR it would be hard to see how this would be implemented.

I mean: How is KOTOR2 going to know what face I used for my Revan?

Hmm...this adds a whole other layer of speculation to the whole thing.

I won't mind if that happen five or ten years from now I guess. In all though I have many reservations about video games being an offical part of the EU. In that case Kyle Katarn, and Rosh Penin are "offical" star wars characters and both of them are freaking weak.

I know some idiot will try to debate the merits of Katarn, but face it, lame character

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Official face could be the one in the mask :thumbsup:. And they could say that Darth Revan was a deeply mysterious character and that no records of Revan's true identity survived, so that not only the gender is uncertain, but also the date of death, because there are rumours of Revan being seen afterwards and taking part in Malak's defeat.

It would be hard to make Revan official. For all the reasons already mentioned here. But, I suppose, one way you could do it, would be to have Revan be somesort of an enigma. Like, the Dark Lord without a face or something. To some Revan was female and to others Revan was male. But no one ever really knew. Revan had kind of a secret identity or something, which kind of added to his or her status as more of a legend than anything else.

The Star Wars databank could basically describe Revan as one of the most mysterious Sith Lords ever to reign over the Sith Empire. The only people knowing Revan's exact identity were a few reclusive Jedi Masters on Dantooine that trained him and subsequently died in Malak's attack, and of course Malak and Bastila.

This would add to the mystery of what happened to Revan after the Mandalorian Wars. For the sake of just having a little fun, you could say that many people never believed that the Revan that left the Republic in pursuit of the retreating Mandalorians as a hero, was the same Revan that returned with his or her face covered completely, and wearing a cape and hood as a conqueror. Many people would suspect that Revan was simply killed and someone else returned with the name Darth Revan. And maybe Lord Revan's voice was always kind of whispery so you couldn't really tell what the gender was.

As to the whole resurrection thing, the same argument would apply. "Someone claiming to be the former Dark Lord Revan, rose up against Malak and the Sith and destroyed the Star Forge." Or, "Someone has now re-assumed the title of Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith and is now ruling the Sith Empire."

This kind of plays into the beginning of KOTOR 2, where your character along with Atton Rand only know what happend between Revan and Malak through rumors. Even though this does effect how the game ultimately unfolds, most people don't seem to know what happened to Revan and have only heard about him or her through news and whispers. Revan, in this regard, is more like Spawn than anything else. Something that was definitely out there but ever shrouded in mystery.

Also, remember your conversation with Yathura Ban on Korriban? If you did Korriban last you have this great exchange with her where you can ask her what she knows of Darth Revan. Yathura says that she doesn't really know much about Revan. When you ask her ironically, "So you wouldn't know Revan if you met him/her?" To which Yathura replies, "Well, Revan was known for wearing a mask and hood. There's no telling what's beneath that mask." Or something to that effect. Also, remember NO SITH that you encounter on Korriban believes you when you try to warn them and say, "Look, fool, step off. I'm Darth Revan." Most people, students and troops alike, just challenge you anyway. So, most Sith don't even know Revan's true identity.

A few people believe you later, but they are far and few in between.

Now, of course there are ENORMOUS HOLES in that suggestion but it might be some place to start if the powers that be over in the Lucas Empire were serious about canonizing Revan.

But I'm just being stupid.

This is only your opinion. IMO Consular is at least as good as guardian and there's no reason to said male is better than female.

Give Revan an official face and characteristics would alienate many people. Think for a moment that they decide made Revan a charismatic female consular. Do you think you would be happy with this?

To Nur Ad Sal

Revans age is at least in his early to mid twentys your whole thing about the padawan becomes a knight at 20 dosent apply. Remember Reavan was said to be a prodigy by all the Masters so its assumed that he reached that title much earlier than the normal jedi.

And about him being not on Anakins level on the battle field, well as Canderous and others said he single handedly turned the entire war around and killed Mandalor personally.

BTW this is my first post...

To Nur Ad Sal

Revans age is at least in his early to mid twentys your whole thing about the padawan becomes a knight at 20 dosent apply. Remember Reavan was said to be a prodigy by all the Masters so its assumed that he reached that title much earlier than the normal jedi.

And about him being not on Anakins level on the battle field, well as Canderous and others said he single handedly turned the entire war around and killed Mandalor personally.

BTW this is my first post...

Congrats :ninja:

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom