Warding Seal not doing correct damage

thelee

Question

See attached screenshot. The damage roll is nowhere even in the right range as the tooltip damage numbers. post-58316-0-81852100-1526355584_thumb.jpg

In addition, there appears to be no power level scaling for the damage in the tooltip, when other spells at this level get power level scaling.

Dropbox link with autosave and output_log. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4vmjpryc5op31vn/AADg2me3S29bRD_E6FY80wvsa?dl=0

Go into an area and set the warding seal as a trap outside of combat and let an enemy run into it.

12 answers to this question

I noticed in a recent test that not only is the Warding Seal damage bugged, but it does not appear to get any damage benefit from being empowered. It gains bonus penetration and accuracy from being empowered, but the damage itself is unchanged. something is buggy here.

Searing Seal may also be affected by these issues.

Hi Cdiaz,

I think there was another thread about searing flames with the same issue, I added screens there, but were taken with the patch 1.1.

Got into game and checked if was fixed, but warding seal still has the same problems.

Accuracy and penetration from empowering works.
The damage still lower than expected, both empowered and not.
Bonus penetration from the passive "Heart of the Storm" isn't listed/counted.

cox0COC.jpg

mLesIWd.jpg

Edited by mammasaura
  • Like 1

CzSyX91.jpg

Hey mammasaura: are on you on the beta branch for patches? I'm curious to know if 1.2 fixed the Searing Seal and Warding Seal issues. (I only thought of this because they bumped up Warding Seal's penetration in 1.2 patch notes, and am wondering if while they were touching Warding Seal they also fixed its damage and non-interaction with Heart of the Storm.)

Hi, yes, I tried "Warding Seal" with the beta patch, but still no bonus penetration by "Heart of the Storm" and the damage is still lower than listed in the description. I thought the bonus penetration delivered with the patch was to compensate these problems.

I tried to fix while modding but apparently the seal actually has an "Hazard component", a prefab, like a the regular trap.

It seems all the spells that have this Hazard component don't get the bonus penetration by their passives.

For example I just tested "Scion of Flame" and "Wall of Fire", the penetration isn't applied.

The damage of the wall is done by its hazard component.

Edited by mammasaura
  • Like 1

CzSyX91.jpg

Hi, yes, I tried "Warding Seal" with the beta patch, but still no bonus penetration by "Heart of the Storm" and the damage is still lower than listed in the description. I thought the bonus penetration delivered with the patch was to compensate these problems.

I tried to fix while modding but apparently the seal actually has an "Hazard component", a prefab, like a the regular trap.

It seems all the spells that have this Hazard component don't get the bonus penetration by their passives.

For example I just tested "Scion of Flame" and "Wall of Fire", the penetration isn't applied.

The damage of the wall is done by its hazard component.

That's an interesting finding. Still mysterious though why the damage is wrong... aren't the tooltips autogenerated from the programmed/scripted effects?

The fact that both Searing Seal and Warding Seal do incorrect damage suggests some common bug. I wonder if Wall of Flame or other hazard aoe spells similarly underperform?

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

I did more testing on "Wall Of Flame" and the damage is underperforming.

Level 20 wizard, and this time I wanted to get the passive that boosts damage and penetration with empowered spell.
"Empowered penetration" and "Empowered damage".

In the first picture I did the testing with Empowered Penetration but not damage.
The increased penetration is because of the power level gain while empowered but not because of the talent. The second picture confirms.

Interesting thing is that the wall damage doesn't make the guard hostile.

In the second picture, with "Empowered damage", the damage is listed higher in the tooltip but the damage on the guard remains consistent between the first test and the second one.

Anyway I think the sigils can be reworked in some sort, making them an aoe pulse, with fast casting to emulate the precast of the sigil before combat, but with a delay of some seconds to emulate the activation.

"Repulsive Seal" doesn't need the rework(but probably does for consistency), "Searing Seal" already has an aoe component, "Warding Seal" has an interrupt effect and could be too strong for a pulsing ability, but depends how many pulses to give to the sigils.

For the walls the thing is different, I don't see a workable rework because they have a wall component and it's less customizable than an aoe(pulsing) component. Needs to wait the fix :)

ikxH4Fb.jpg

HpGyIIj.jpg

Edited by mammasaura
  • Like 1

CzSyX91.jpg

The fact that all hazard effects appear to be underperforming seems to me a major bug. If it was just one ability here and there that's one thing, but seemingly all of them is a big deal.

I'll see if anything happens while 1.2 is in beta. If it's still like this I'm going to keep filing bug reports.

22 hours ago, Porkchopsandwiches247 said:

Uh Im actually going to bump this because nothing appears to have changed? Lol

unfortunately there's no point in bumping because there's no more patches happening.

i'm not sure this is even a thing that can be fixed with mods.

• Sad 1