The game doesn't give a clear "act" but we can easily divide it into the following

Prologue

Act 1 - Get your ship and go to Naketaka

Act 2 - Go to Hasoka and Magran's teeth

Act 3 - Go to Ukaizo

Act 4 / Ending

The pacing works kinda like PoE1 where the first 2 act is for loitering around and doing side quests and once Act 3 happens, barely any quests pop up anymore.

Edited by Zeitzbach

Seems like a very short game, to be honest...

Pretty much all rpg are like that. 80% of the contents are side quest. The main quest is always short. It just so happens that the ending can be affected by the side quests giving it the illusion of length.

Pretty much all rpg are like that. 80% of the contents are side quest. The main quest is always short. It just so happens that the ending can be affected by the side quests giving it the illusion of length.

Yeah but the main quest in this game was 5% of the overall content.

Pretty much all rpg are like that. 80% of the contents are side quest. 

That's what I worry about rpg nowadays :(

Looks at Fallout 4, it became city simulation game

The sidequests are pretty short, too.  Each faction has only 3 to 6 quests and they all overlap.  They send you to the same locations and ask you to resolve the same problem slightly differently.  Most of my time was spent hunting bounties and charting islands.

• Like 2

I've gotten a bit further ahead in game (still not done), but honestly, one thing that has bugged me is that the the faction's are sending me to the same locations. Like really? I get that you're competing and it kind of makes sense from story perspective (well, makes sense only once), but again and again, that's just poor game design. At least give me more choice on how I deal with it, let me **** them both over instead. I think a lot of the game time is coming from sailing and talking and backtrack then actual gameplay.

• Like 1