[Map load errors] Unable to Continue Playing

Aliasunkown

Question

Just started having this problem today.  Last save I have that works is from hours ago, and I can't quite recall which areas I've been to that might've been the cause of the issue.  The last non-working save I have is from the Flooded Cave, which I think is on the same island as the Sandswept Ruins?  But I don't remember if I had any reason to load a save between there and the boat for the final step of the Lighted Path quest (which is the last major place I remember being).

I've attached the log from my last attempt to load up a save, which ended up crashing the game.  And here's a link to the save file that caused the crash:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/djor1o0e7b7c6pm/Mili%20%2889fe724b-bf69-4c69-a240-942570d7e1d1%29%20autosave_2.savegame?dl=0

output_log.txt

I'm having what I think is the same problem as the others here. I can load the save (linked below) just fine, but if I try to enter the Vailian Trading Company or the Adra Mill, I get the same "error loading the next map" crash. This occurs even if I revert to an earlier save. I've tried repairing the installation, but it didn't help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/332gfyvtx65sujq/Aelwen%20%28c1b53009-d40f-455e-86e7-fd113c601dc1%29%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

Ditto... Locked out of the Brass Citadel... 70 hours into the game.  Incredibly frustrating. 

Same here. 

This is no doubt after the latest patch, I had 0 stability problems before.

I am getting this map load error after the latest patch. Never had it before, but now after I patched to latest patch - and also got this new hairstyles and beards DLC (which I doubt is the cause since I haven't been even able to use it yet) - I am getting this "unable to load next map, returning to main menu to prevent save file corruption". Note that it is happening when I try to load an existing save, but also when I try to start a completely new game! I click New Game, select difficulty, select some options and press Start Game, I get through that initial screen Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, then the loading image appears in lower right corner and them bam! Main menu with that error message. Can't load any saves (which worked all well up until now), can't start a new game.

I had this problem when I attempt to use my ship as clan-management interface.

I went to the ship, left the port of Neketaka, managing the equipments and hairstyles of my clans, then resume my journey in the city, and saved the file.

During the clan management session, as I replaced the roster with another batch of clansmen, when I opened the inventory interface, instead of the main character, it showed the last character which I managed in the previous batch of roster and already removed.

As I tried loading the file later, I ended up at the main menu, with the same message that haunted everyone in this thread.

I let Steam verified the integrity of the game files, and that save file remain unusable.

Eventually I loaded an earlier save file, and tried to redo the whole thing. This time, I sent everyone onshore during each session, change their inventory or hairstyles, and most importantly, UPGRADE characters, then sent them back to the ship, and sent another batch onshore. The save file I created after this attempt functions properly.

Is it possible that the problem got something to do with the upgrading system?

By the way, personally I would suggest a clansmen management interface which is more user-friendly.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

So, today I just went through with main quest in Magran's Teeth.

After the talk with Eothas and cutscene, game quits to main menu with the same error message.

I have removed all mods and verified the files via Steam. Problem still occurs.

Before, I could just ignore some quests, but now I cannot proceed with the game at all.

I can't believe such game breaking bug is still not fixed...