[Blow the Man Down] Benweth disappeared bug

Sidushi

Question

Hi,

I have been trying to finish the quest with getting rid of Benweth, in order to do that I tried every single way of luring him out.

- Got the rum bottles, then I freed the crew of the other captain, then cleared the docks and told him to go there and steal the ship, but before I went to rang the bell I went to Benweth quarters to see if I can kill him, the dialog started and I engaged with him in combat, but it was too difficult so I backed off and went to ring the bell 3 times, when I came back to the quarters he was gone and nowhere to be found, I checked entire fort, balcony included. When I couldn't find him I went to the Court and planted the bomb on the instrument and told the NPC that I got the rum and finished the part of the quest with getting some herbs from the kitchen when the party started he never appeared and the bomb didn't go off.

I cannot finish the quest since Benweth is nowhere to be found. I can't upload my save so here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19V3uIqFFx8bRnXI681llNjvXmvTQN10b/view?usp=sharing

Also this is the diary log: zFE9RTg.jpg

If you are able to fix my save game(reset his position) that would be great as I feel like I wasted almost 6h and cannot finish this quest. if you need more info let me know I will provide.

Thanks

Edited by Sidushi

7 answers to this question

Hi Sidushi,

Thank you for posting your issue here. Unfortunately, we are unable to edit your save file. I would suggest loading an earlier save file and resuming your playthrough from there. In the meantime, we'll add your issue to our database and work towards a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks,

-Jon

Hi I was searching for this exact same issue so signed up to report what occured and how I managed to continue. Initially I was stealthing when I rang the bell this caused me to ring it 3 times manually without causing the cinematic to go off since the log never updated I assumed something had gone wrong but was uncertain when I went down to see the ship gone. However I later reloaded the save and did it whilst standing up normally causing the cinematic to play after this first ring. Although to be honest the fact that he comes running by whilst I'm just standing there unstealthed is slightly concerning.

• Like 1

Hi!

It took me a while to find this post. I'm looking into the issue (as now I have a savegame provided by Sidushi). Also looking into the possibility of the bell sequence not firing when stealthing. If you (Ironstrom and Celestarion) would be so kind as to provide me with a savegame then I can better test for this (I admit, it's rather strange, as I've never seen any problems with this scene in all the time I've spent with Deadlight, from its initial design to its final touches of implementation).

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and for your patience!

Jorge

Btw, Sidushi, I just found what went wrong with your playthrough. You attacked Benweth at his command post and somehow managed to retreat from the fight and leave the area. That wasn't supposed to happen :) I designed this so that Benweth, once he knows someone is after him, won't leave his command post. I had a safeguard there to prevent combat from ending if Benweth spots you but something broke it. My bad. This will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

I really appreciate your help in pointing this out and am sorry that the issue affected your playthrough

Hi there - having a version of these bugs, I think. I hacked my way through the keep (killing all the quest NPCs like Syri and Marte, I guess) after sneaking in with an Athletic check. I killed all the pirates in the Court and put a bomb in the harpsichord when I examined it after, thinking I was just being a troll.

When I encountered Lamond I'd already cleared out the underground docks, so we made the deal right there, I rang the bell (definitely NOT in stealth, and Aloth commented 'this is going to be loud, isn't it'), Benwith never came out, so I went downstairs and Lamond and friends had taken off in the Drake. I found my way into Aeldys' tower, killed Benwith, and now I can't get out of the keep. I don't have a rope and grappling hook so I can't climb down through the window that I came in through, and the windlass to raise the gate in the northeast corner does not appear to be interactive. As far as I can tell, I'm stuck.

Hi there - having a version of these bugs, I think. I hacked my way through the keep (killing all the quest NPCs like Syri and Marte, I guess) after sneaking in with an Athletic check. I killed all the pirates in the Court and put a bomb in the harpsichord when I examined it after, thinking I was just being a troll.

When I encountered Lamond I'd already cleared out the underground docks, so we made the deal right there, I rang the bell (definitely NOT in stealth, and Aloth commented 'this is going to be loud, isn't it'), Benwith never came out, so I went downstairs and Lamond and friends had taken off in the Drake. I found my way into Aeldys' tower, killed Benwith, and now I can't get out of the keep. I don't have a rope and grappling hook so I can't climb down through the window that I came in through, and the windlass to raise the gate in the northeast corner does not appear to be interactive. As far as I can tell, I'm stuck.

OK, further to this, I can click on the crank that's supposed to raise the gate, but nothing happens and it won't allow interaction (turn blue) again.

It's October 2020, how is this not fixed yet? I'm on the latest version, just wiped out everyone in Benewith's room after a brief chat with him, but during the fight B vanished and the quest is unsolvable.
Edit: Workaround is to go back and do the ship-stealing path with the guy from the forge.

Edited by Daniel Oz