Enormous player.log file

PangaeaACDC

Question

I'm on Linux Mint and am looking around trying to find the save games location. Came upon a Player.log file in .config/unity3d.... and the thing is freaking HUGE. 500+ MB. There are a kajillion lines of the below:

The KeyCode '124' was not found in the keyMap.

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

The KeyCode '124' was not found in the keyMap.

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

The reason for that must be that I tried to set a new key binding for the tilde key, as the default typically doesn't work on my Norwegian keyboard. It didn't in POE1 either. I used the key left of 1 and over Tab, which for some reason were reported as "124".

Whatever is up with this, that file should not get that big. Glad I noticed, because it would probably just keep going and going when it's already over 500MB.

post-165682-0-57963600-1525880919_thumb.png

8 answers to this question

Hey PangaeaACDC,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Also glad you caught this. The game is working ok for you though?

Also, saves should be located at /.local folder

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Hey PangaeaACDC,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Also glad you caught this. The game is working ok for you though?

Also, saves should be located at /.local folder

Best,

-Caleb

Yea, I'd say the game worked well, few niggles here and there aside (like a bit slow/lag when moving items in the inventory, like when you pull a new weapon to the slots). Located in Europe, and played the game from around 2200 yesterday to 0800 this morning when I had to go to work :p No crashes or showstoppers or anything like that.

Thanks for the saves location too. Found it in the end. Pretty well hidden.

When playing next I'll change that keymapping which will hopefully not result in the same massive log file. Will report back if I have more issues with this.

• Like 1

@PangaeaACDC

As a workaround to prevent your log from getting too big, you can create a symlink of the log file to point to "/dev/null":

rm ~/.config/unity3d/Player.log
ln -s /dev/null ~/.config/unity3d/Player.log

Awesome, thank you!

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

@PangaeaACDC

As a workaround to prevent your log from getting too big, you can create a symlink of the log file to point to "/dev/null":

rm ~/.config/unity3d/Player.log
ln -s /dev/null ~/.config/unity3d/Player.log

Thank you. I've tried to read up on what this actually does, and just so I'm sure, this effectively means nothing will be written to the file? The file can be useful for reporting crashes. But after yesterday's session.... the file was over 800 MB... :blink::skull:

And it was 0 when I started because I had deleted it. This was for a session where nothing went wrong from my perspective, no crashes, but clearly LOTS is getting written to it anyway. To give an impression of just how much data that is -- it is over 13 700 000 lines of text  :blink:

The game was a little sluggish tbh, but in hindsight that is quite understandable!

post-165682-0-84985600-1526157639_thumb.png

I've uploaded the ever so tiny log file here: https://we.tl/UT8Zn7ojPb

I'm sure there must be the same sections over and over again, but maybe it will prove useful to the QA team anyway, given the massive size of the thing.

Edit: Apparently that link only works for the next 7 days.

Edited by PangaeaACDC