I'm currently trying on purpose to get negative -2 reputation to unlock the achievement for berath's boon points, so uh any tips on that?

Just grab Pallegina and somebody with high religion, go to one of those shrines littered across Deadfire (on Neketaka island, for example), identify the shrine and pray several times - it greatly pisses Pallegina off, so you'll get -2 quickly with her.

• Like 6

I'm currently trying on purpose to get negative -2 reputation to unlock the achievement for berath's boon points, so uh any tips on that?

Just grab Pallegina and somebody with high religion, go to one of those shrines littered across Deadfire (on Neketaka island, for example), identify the shrine and pray several times - it greatly pisses Pallegina off, so you'll get -2 quickly with her.

Honestly, do those shrines even do anything? Apart from desecrating them for a fight?  :w00t:

Thank you! That worked much better than my second playthrough just for purpose of annoying companions :'D (I'm still probably gonna continue it because sure why not) Funnily enough turns out Maia also dislikes praying at shrines because of her anti huana bias so it lowers both Pallegina and her's opinion. (it does give plus to Tekehu though so you can easily farm him to 2 if you want to :p )

Honestly, do those shrines even do anything? Apart from desecrating them for a fight?  :w00t:

The shrines give you resting bonuses for praying and resting at them.

• Like 2

Does Aloth start a talk with you when you hit 1 approval like Eder does? I cannot find a flirt or any way to start a romance with him for the life of me.

Yup there is a conversation at 1 but its not flirty. 

The flirt comes up when he is at 2 approval and you didnt commit to anyone else. It's hidden and easy to miss imho.

• Like 2
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

But I never get a conversation at 1. D: I wait and wait and finish his personal quest and before I know it, he's at 2. The only talk I got was after the lighthouse and that was about the personal quest. And I cannot find a flirt in the 2 approval conversation either. Just a bunch of disposition options either saying I try to do good or I am fooling him. I am so lost here. ;(

Does asking Eder if he has feelings for my Watcher lock me out of Aloth's path? That would make no sense since Eder rejects you.

Edited by Tamyn
  • Like 1

Does Aloth start a talk with you when you hit 1 approval like Eder does? I cannot find a flirt or any way to start a romance with him for the life of me.

Aloth has the romance option in the level 2 conversation.  It can be easy to miss since it's only a certain response that leads to the kiss option.  He does have a conversation at level one as well, but I don't remember any flirt options.  Sometimes conversations seem to hang up in general.  I was spammed by three in a row after reloading a save.  As for Aloth, overall his dislike, likes and how conversations are flagged are horribly mismatched, at least it reflects that way in my game.  Which leads to a very slow progression or weird mismatched progression.  It doesn't make sense at all, to me, that Aloth would have one point with Xoti, zero with the Watcher and minus one with Eder.  It's like they simply tagged something as a joke, so all characters who like a joke are going to like it, regardless of what the line is about or the context.  This goes for all the different likes and dislikes not just the joke one, that was only an example.  Character consistency also goes right out the window because of this.

I... think that's the conversation that should trigger at 1 you are having at 2 instead... where he tells you about the impact you make right?

The second one should start with something like "Aloth looks at you as though you are sharing some secret"

Aloth has the romance option in the level 2 conversation.  It can be easy to miss since it's only a certain response that leads to the kiss option.  He does have a conversation at level one as well, but I don't remember any flirt options.  Sometimes conversations seem to hang up in general.  I was spammed by three in a row after reloading a save.  As for Aloth, overall his dislike, likes and how conversations are flagged are horribly mismatched, at least it reflects that way in my game.  Which leads to a very slow progression or weird mismatched progression.  It doesn't make sense at all, to me, that Aloth would have one point with Xoti, zero with the Watcher and minus one with Eder.  It's like they simply tagged something as a joke, so all characters who like a joke are going to like it, regardless of what the line is about or the context.  This goes for all the different likes and dislikes not just the joke one, that was only an example.  Character consistency also goes right out the window because of this.

Its mismatched yep, but its def not jokes he dislikes. I am checking his responses with console and he is neutral towards jokes, its the irresponsible answers that get him. I still don't understand why he dislikes Eder... Probably likely because of traditionalism or something. The negative reactions from companions seem to take larger hit to disposition than positive.

Edited by Aridea
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

I... think that's the conversation that should trigger at 1 you are having at 2 instead... where he tells you about the impact you make right?

The second one should start with something like "Aloth looks at you as though you are sharing some secret"

Hmm. Okay, yeah I don't get the impact one until he is at 2. Do you know the condition that triggers the secret conversation? I've already restarted the game once thinking I messed up. I don't want to restart again for this. Thank you for your help.

• Like 1

Hmm. Okay, yeah I don't get the impact one until he is at 2. Do you know the condition that triggers the secret conversation? I've already restarted the game once thinking I messed up. I don't want to restart again for this. Thank you for your help.

Np :)

I wish I knew... It triggers immediately after you reach disposition 1, but I had previous conversation with him after you get out of Port Maje, and pretty much exhausted all conversations options. I also didn't bug him with that infamous insight check (the one where you can say you are interested), the poor boy is neurotic as is. But I did trigger his quest with other insight option.

I don't know if any of the above affect the later conversations. If you did the same, its probably a bug... :(

Devs answered a bunch of questions in the latest stream. Disposition system will have some fixes in the next patch (which allegedly won't come until the end of the week), companions bugs will be addressed later, Aloth having both Autonomy and Authoritarianism dispositions is a bug related to save importing.

• Like 4

Guest Ontarah

Okay, I am in no hurry to finish replaying POE1 then. Hopefully they get that patched by the time I'm done. If not I may just do a second character through POE1 to have for import until that is fixed. Bugged out companions are intolerable.

Edited by Ontarah

Okay, I am in no hurry to finish replaying POE1 then. Hopefully they get that patched by the time I'm done. If not I may just do a second character through POE1 to have for import until that is fixed. Bugged out companions are intolerable.

Yea, I was planning on starting a second run after the patch, but with companions still screwed I'm not sure I will. There are so many bugs they plan on fixing may as well return after a month or two.

• Like 2

The sad thing is a lot of those bugs could've been reportable if the beta had actual storyline content in it. But spoiler-phobia ended up ruining what could've been a great opportunity for beta testing. Divinity Original Sin benefited greatly from having its first act open to backers and early access.

• Like 7

I'm finishing a PoE1 playthrough too. It's my only character that kept the baby, so I want to have the endgame save file to import. For the others I will use the legacy creator, so I'll miss anything unique when importing a file.

Can't play without Vela. ;)

sign.jpg

The sad thing is a lot of those bugs could've been reportable if the beta had actual storyline content in it. But spoiler-phobia ended up ruining what could've been a great opportunity for beta testing. Divinity Original Sin benefited greatly from having its first act open to backers and early access.

Yes, they could have made it available for the beta backers. It would at least have allowed them to fix these bugs from release.

I didn't get any spoilers of DOS2. Was it a problem? I don't think so.

sign.jpg

Yes, they could have made it available for the beta backers. It would at least have allowed them to fix these bugs from release.

I didn't get any spoilers of DOS2. Was it a problem? I don't think so.

Nope the only spoiler was for the first act which isn't really of a spoiler honestly. THey could've made Fort Deadlight, Port Maje and the two backer islands we originally got available. Enough to wet the appetite and see any import issues (and disposition issues) without really spoiling the meat of the game.
  • Like 1

Since we're all waiting for companions bugs to be fixed may as well just listen to all their datamined banter on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpE_3Z-CImGu628WeiBRiRLajVknmksUa

There are also dialogues between companions and all their endings.

I'm glad I helped Aloth deal with his Awakening by sublimating that obnoxious Iselmyr character - some of Eder's jokes about him with Iselmyr are just cruel and cringy. No wonder he's uncomfortable around people, who wouldn't be with her constantly messing around.

• Like 8

I love Iselmyr , so hilarious  :lol:

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Since we're all waiting for companions bugs to be fixed may as well just listen to all their datamined banter on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpE_3Z-CImGu628WeiBRiRLajVknmksUa

There are also dialogues between companions and all their endings.

I'm glad I helped Aloth deal with his Awakening by sublimating that obnoxious Iselmyr character - some of Eder's jokes about him with Iselmyr are just cruel and cringy. No wonder he's uncomfortable around people, who wouldn't be with her constantly messing around.

Funny, I was just listening to those too. Eder made me cringe so hard in that dialogue, when he says to the Watcher, that Aloth is no fun anymore, because he doesn't stand with his mouth agape like he used to five years ago, or does not twitch nervously when Eder is playing jokes on him. And the way he keeps bringing Iselmyr forth when Aloth specifically asks him not to. Just ugh. 

Also, it seems that you can teach Rekke to speak Aedyran somehow. Maybe with the help of those cryptic tablets that you can buy...

What tablets? Don't remember buying anything, but when I talked to him on the ship (was surprised I could do that, actually), there was an option to ask him something like "So you can speak Aedyran now?", and he answers "Was that supposed to be hard?".

Edited by CaptainBiscuit
  • Like 7

It seems like with my pro-Leaden Key Iselmyr-present Aloth his approval 2 dialogue will never trigger. Must be another bug. His approval 1 talk triggers when he hits 2 approval but nothing else. But in my suppressed Iselmyr, anti-Leaden Key game his talks work correctly. So I'm not sure if it's Iselmyr or his Leaden Key position that is messing it up.

Edited by Tamyn

What tablets? Don't remember buying anything, but when I talked to him on the ship (was surprised I could do that, actually), there was an option to ask him something like "So you can speak Aedyran now?", and he answers "Was that supposed to be hard?".

There's this tablet that you can buy in Fort Maje (?) from one of the vendors:

7Ex9AC0l.jpg

It kinda looked like Rekke's language. Never found a use for this tablet anywhere, or how to decipher it though. But then again, I wasn't using Rekke in my party at all, maybe there is way to give it to him.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 3

It seems like with my pro-Leaden Key Iselmyr-present Aloth his approval 2 dialogue will never trigger. Must be another bug. His approval 1 talk triggers when he hits 2 approval but nothing else. But in my suppressed Iselmyr, anti-Leaden Key game his talks work correctly. So I'm not sure if it's Iselmyr or his Leaden Key position that is messing it up.

It's his conflicting dispositions - Autonomy and Authoritarianism. He shouldn't have both. It's an import bug as was confirmed in the latest stream.

• Like 6