UK: GULAGED for WRONG THINK

Valsuelm

Italy seems like it should have a lot more dots, as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

should be terrorist attacks past 45 years in Europe

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I also notice that the MidEast is completely blank, there have been terrorist events in Turkey, ditto for Iraq and Syria. I know it's for Europe, but it just seems odd to include the MidEast and not put terrorism events for there, just IMO.

Edited by smjjames

There are larger countries on that map with fewer dots on them than Hungary. What gives?

an example?

Belarus  :grin:

Few real-world country names make my inner fantasy nerd as giddy as Belarus, and I don't know why. :(

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

There are larger countries on that map with fewer dots on them than Hungary. What gives?

an example?

Yup 3 in 45 years, but some people thinks it was actually rigged by Lukashenko

The 2011 Minsk Metro bombing occurred on 11 April 2011 when at least 15 people were killed and more than two hundred were injured in an explosion on the Minsk MetroBelarus.[5] The explosion happened at the central Kastryčnickaja station at 17:55 local time.[6]

Initially the cause of the explosion was unclear, but was found to have been a bomb containing nails and ball bearings.[7] President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko asserted that the explosion was aimed at undermining "peace and stability" and hinted at possible foreign involvement but also ordered an emergency investigation of domestic weapon storage facilities.[8] The Prosecution Office launched a criminal investigation and classified the event as a terrorist attack.[9][10][11]

Two suspects arrested on 13 April[12] confessed to the bombing according to Belarus' deputy prosecutor general Andrei Shved. According to him they also pleaded guilty to Vitebsk cafe and Victory day bombings but the motives remain unclear. The investigation, which included law enforcement agencies from Russia, Israel and Interpol confirmed this view. Interpol stated that fingerprint evidence confirmed that the 2008 Victory day bombings and the 2011 Metro were committed by the same person.[13] The trials attracted international political condemnation and the verdicts passed out have been questioned, primarily by the Belarusian opposition and the EU. The bombing came at a time of economic problems and protests against Lukashenko's government. Natalia Koliada of the Belarus Free Theatrebelieves that the national intelligence agency of Belarus planted the device, rigged a show trial and tortured confessions out of the two suspects.[14] According to the investigation, the bomb was unique and the foreign investigators also expressed great interest in it.[15] In March 2012 both men (Kanavalau and Kavalyou) were executed by shooting.[16]

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

an example?

Also Moldova, Romania, Latvia, Lithuania, and maybe Cyprus. I'll double check Cyprus though. Edit: You'd have to go back a bit further than 45 years to get terror attacks in Cyprus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus_crisis_(1955%E2%80%9364)

Edited by smjjames

an example?

Also Moldova, Romania, Latvia, Lithuania, and maybe Cyprus. I'll double check Cyprus though. Edit: You'd have to go back a bit further than 45 years to get terror attacks in Cyprus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus_crisis_(1955%E2%80%9364)

ehh, point? 

You're the one who asked for examples.

There are larger countries on that map with fewer dots on them than Hungary. What gives?

so which of those you stated fits that?

Romania is bigger, that's for sure, but by land area (well, I used the total which includes rivers, and lakes).... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_area Hungary is 93,028 km 2 Lithuania and Latvia are roughly 2/3 area of Hungary, Moldova is about 1/3 that, so, okay, you got me.

Also, I wonder how many would be in Ukraine if you excluded the Eastern Ukraine and Crimea conflict. There's also Finland, though that only shows part of Finland.

Edited by smjjames

Romania is bigger, that's for sure, but by land area (well, I used the total which includes rivers, and lakes).... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_area Hungary is 93,028 km 2 Lithuania and Latvia are roughly 2/3 area of Hungary, Moldova is about 1/3 that, so, okay, you got me.

Also, I wonder how many would be in Ukraine if you excluded the Eastern Ukraine and Crimea conflict. There's also Finland, though that only shows part of Finland.

now when you get the point, what are you trying to say? That they don't have same anti-immigration sentiment as Hungary? :)

Saw the video this morning as I'm subbed to Tommy. Britain is fairly screwed right now vis a vis the problems they are having with Muslims, some of the footage of teams of cops running away from crowds of Muslims is downright scary, but the fact that they arrest two people who haven't even committed a crime, makes it even more scary.

• Like 1

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Reminded of Lisa's tiger repelling rock, for some reason.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

^I don't think the average UK beat cop carries a sidearm. But they can call in their version of SWAT if they need someone to go all shooty.

I think they have officers that are trained for firearms use, but aren't anything like SWAT.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorised_firearms_officer

• Like 1

Depends on how arbitrarily you make the distinction between 'terrorism' and mafia type stuff. Ukraine has and had a huge amount of mafia style violence ever since independence, it's just that up until recently it studiously ignored top level politics in terms of killings and the like. Same is true for Cyprus actually, there are a lot more recent 'terrorism' incidents than 1964 but they tend to be not regarded as actual terrorism.

lol, I was in UK multiple times and Idian coworkers were telling me what a joke UK police is. They can barely give you a ticket (but of course they got swat units like everyone else)

Edited by Chilloutman

Well it seems to work a bit. Having your cops trooped up like BOPE isn't a solution in of itself.