Attributes and negative ffects on self

I've been playing around with MaxQuest's Betabalance mod a bit and something I've noticed is that negative effects like Berserker's self raw damage are increased by Resolve while PoE was the same with Sacred Immolation I believe. I don't particularly like this and wanted the community's opinion on whether the negative effects on self should be kept static or even reduced by attribute scores.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I've noticed is that negative effects like Berserker's self raw damage are increased by Resolve while PoE was the same with Sacred Immolation I believe. I don't particularly like this and wanted the community's opinion on whether the negative effects on self should be kept static or even reduced by attribute scores.

Increased self-damage arguably makes sense on Sacred Immolation, since the whole amplitude (effect) is increased. I.e. you have high resolve can make a bigger sacrifice and get a bigger gain (in case of immolation: damage).

But it doesn't make sense for berserker's frenzy. Self raw damage is increased, but what does the character get in return?: nothing. Imho in case of frenzy (at least) self damage should be fixed, as you shouldn't get a worse outcome from having a higher stat.

• Like 3