Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Scalable enemies - question

Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Majber

Majber

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

When I pick scalable enemies/story they will be harder But do they drop better loot too? 

• Soldszar likes this

Wormerine

Wormerine

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

It aint Diablo. Difficulty is there for your enjoyment. If you want to play on "story time" mode, go for it. Same with scaling - if you prefer consistant difficulty than use scaling. 

• kierun and Messier-31 like this

Sedrefilos

Sedrefilos

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1772 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

If it's like Wite March then no, they drop the same things. That's why I'm gonna keep scaling on critical path only. Difficulty is part of the enjoyment but only when the reward is worth it. I'm not gonna play a 70-hour game spending percious time reloading hard fights in side-content that'll give me a smelly boot for reward.

• mungomunk likes this

tinysalamander

tinysalamander

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 367 posts

Tasting monk feet is gonna be your reward, now with multi-classed flavor :devil:

CottonWolf

CottonWolf

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm kind of interested on how they handle the AI. Is the AI on PotD better than Veteran? The text implies that it is. I think my dream difficulty would be Veteran (so with the standard enemy stats) but the AI of PotD.

Edited by CottonWolf, 16 February 2018 - 07:48 AM.

Enoch

Enoch

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2783 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm kind of interested on how they handle the AI. Is the AI on PotD better than Veteran? The text implies that it is. I think my dream difficulty would be Veteran (so with the standard enemy stats) but the AI of PotD.

My guess is that they adjust the aggressiveness level by difficulty.  PotD enemies will probably be more eager to use special abilities, items, etc., than they are on lower levels. 

Wormerine

Wormerine

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I think JOSH said that the AI will influence aggressiveness of AI and how many skills they will use. Whenever there is a AI gap between veteran & PotD or if PoTD is veteran + stat boost remains to be seen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users