Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Look Into the Fig Physical Items

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Kanes_Inferno

Kanes_Inferno

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Steam:KanesInferno
  • PSN Portable ID:KanesInferno
  • Xbox Gamertag:KanesInfernos
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Anyone know if the book is the same as the Darkhorse Pillars of Eternity Guidebook: Volume Two-The Deadfire Archipelago??

Yes, we get that book if the proper edition was backed. 

Eclipsiste

Eclipsiste

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

It'd be nice to have a least an idea of how long we still have to wait for backer's physical editions... I mean weeks or months?

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2997 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
The email said weeks.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5090 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

The email said weeks.

To be fair, the email meant weeks from the game's release date. Now it's been a full month and, with no new updates and no idea what the hold-up was/is, people are starting to get antsy (as testified by several other threads inquiring about the same thing, more or less vocally.)

Assuming the original plan was to ship around the game's release date (which I seem to remember it was), Obsidian likely scheduled everything to meet that particular deadline. Anything can go wrong at any time for any number of perfectly valid reason, and I'm more than happy to get behind that. However, if everything else had been carried out according to plan, I wouldn't expect a full month's delay unless the issue was relatively serious (as in, an issue that takes long to solve.)

I find that users tend to react more reasonably when openly communicated with. Providing an update that touches upon what the issue is, and perhaps what is being done to remedy it, would go a long way toward gaining people's understanding and preventing threads like the ones I mentioned above. For most, I believe waiting isn't a big problem if they know why they're waiting and/or can have a general time frame in mind for when the wait is going to be over.

Edited by AndreaColombo, 05 June 2018 - 10:51 AM.

• thelee and apemonkeychimp like this

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2997 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
A month is 4 weeks. 4 weeks is 1 month. If we haven’t heard anything after 8 weeks (when “months” becomes plural and “weeks” is no longer the applicable unit of measure), then I will share these concerns. In the mean time, I try to remember that it can take 3 weeks to send something by ship across an ocean and that fulfillment will probably take a couple more. I suppose they could make a point to send us daily updates but my money is on the fact that the people who are going to be pissed off about this are going to be pissed off no matter what Obsidian does.

#firstworldproblems

Gitmfap

Gitmfap

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
I’d just kind of like to know. Gives me something to look forward to that way.

morhilane

morhilane

Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1128 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

People awaiting their physical rewards should check update #49.

Edited by morhilane, 07 June 2018 - 10:20 AM.

samzala

samzala

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

In the email about backer update #49 and patch 1.1: 

Physical Backers

For those who backed Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire at a physical tier, we have good news! The fulfillment houses are getting everything in and packaging it all up now. We have a batch of them (as you can see in the video above) and we're very happy with how they turned out. Within the next few weeks orders will be going out. When your items are shipped to you, you'll receive an e-mail from the fulfillment house with a tracking number letting you know it's on the way. We apologize again for the delay in these items and we hope that you enjoy them once they arrive.

Ah it's also mentioned in the forum post.

Edited by samzala, 07 June 2018 - 01:54 PM.

bjon045

bjon045

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

It's been three weeks and I'm wondering if anyone has actually got a shipping notification yet?

Edited by bjon045, 29 June 2018 - 05:18 PM.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5090 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I haven’t, but mine is a signed CE so I expect it to take longer as they need the time to sign it.

boffmoffet

boffmoffet

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I am trying to be a good patient fan and wait for my physical backer items, but its been two months and a few patches, at this point my family is openly mocking me about funding something really early in the development for a good chunk of change and not even being a made a priority.  Can we please get an update? Has anyone gotten their copies yet?

"You funded the project for 250 dollars and you dont have your merchandise 2 months after release? Are you sure you can trust these people?" - Outside Perspective Dad

• Kiatrasi likes this

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2997 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

From Update 50:

"Our rewards are at last at a stage where they can start being sent out, so keep an eye out for notification emails and tracking information over the next couple weeks as our distribution houses begin sending out the first batch of rewards.  We apologize again for the delay, and we can't wait for all of our backers to finally get their hands on the physical items they deserve."

bjon045

bjon045

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

From Update 50:

"Our rewards are at last at a stage where they can start being sent out, so keep an eye out for notification emails and tracking information over the next couple weeks as our distribution houses begin sending out the first batch of rewards.  We apologize again for the delay, and we can't wait for all of our backers to finally get their hands on the physical items they deserve."

Update 49 said exactly the same thing i.e. "Within the next few weeks orders will be going out. ". And "a couple of weeks" is almost at an end since update 50. Has anyone even got a notification yet?

Kissamies

Kissamies

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Still pending? I just remembered this and was worried I had missed something.

sp4ceRock3r

sp4ceRock3r

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Steam:sp4ceRock3r
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

A month is 4 weeks. 4 weeks is 1 month. If we haven’t heard anything after 8 weeks (when “months” becomes plural and “weeks” is no longer the applicable unit of measure), then I will share these concerns. In the mean time, I try to remember that it can take 3 weeks to send something by ship across an ocean and that fulfillment will probably take a couple more. I suppose they could make a point to send us daily updates but my money is on the fact that the people who are going to be pissed off about this are going to be pissed off no matter what Obsidian does.

#firstworldproblems

Do you share our concerns?

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2997 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

#firstworldproblems

Do you share our concerns?
Nope. Last update said that everything is at the shipping houses awaiting distribution.

The_Patrix

The_Patrix

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

ps0ntWx.png

Hoping to get my hands on it next week :yes:

merlynd

merlynd

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So, we're now 3+ weeks out from update #50, and I still see "shipping soon"...

This is getting old.  I'm really excited about the game, I enjoy playing it, I'd like my physical rewards, though...

Sir Pretender

Sir Pretender

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Steam:sirpretender
  • PSN Portable ID:Sir_Pretender
  • Xbox Gamertag:S1r Pretender
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

As soon as we get 'em, no prob. It's not like we can't play the game - plus this is a risk that anyone who backs a crowdfunding project accepts. It's a bit worrying that still our physical rewards are nowhere to be found but let's hope that it'll be sorted out within the summer :)

• Achilles likes this

boffmoffet

boffmoffet

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Soon. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. ;)

• Achilles and The_Patrix like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users