Loading & Quitting Issues?

Argonauts

Question

I dont know if this is me or the game So if Im not the only 1 who is experiencing this please let me know. But when I load the game I can here everything but the screen is black for awhile maybe a 30 secs to 1 min. But when I quit the game it goes to a black screen and I still here everything as if I havent left yet. This  takes about 15 secs to  30 secs

With a Phaser or a Lightsaber it doesnt matter to me

2 answers to this question

Same here.

Loading the first time I fire up the game takes fairly long, though I did install the beta on a HDD. SSD would be faster, obviously, but this is still pretty bad—T:ToN was based on the same engine as PoE, yet it had nearly instantaneous loading times from my HDD all the time. Playing the game again after quitting makes it a little bit better.

Quitting also takes a relatively long time, and that's not just the first time I fire up the game.

Performance in general is still pretty raw and not quite ready for prime time, I'm afraid.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Gladly it gets better though.

I can fraps beta2 @30fps on 1080p :)

While frapsing beta1 on 720p gave 26fps at most.

P.S. Hopefully Obs will fix the current memory leaks, since fps gets lower over time; and also game loading in background while alt-tabbed.

• Like 1