Refunded my Deadfire pledge, here's why...

Jojobobo

Problem is :

KOTOR 2 / KOTOR 1

Sorry but KOTOR 1 is far less buggy than KOTOR 2...

Neverwinter nights 2 / Neverwinter nights 1.

Same here.

Never mind that one is a AAA developer that had years to work on their IP and the other was a small (at the time) indie studio. Which is precisely the point I tried to make with the OP; if we're going to have standards, that's fine, but let's at least *try* to be consistent with them.

Yes, Obsidian has some buggy games. Please direct me to the developer who ships bug-free games. If you cannot, then please help me understand how Obsidian's REPUTATION is anything other than a circlejerk where gamers sit around and say "yep, Obsidian games sure are buggy" (*ahem* ITT, for instance)

EDIT: typos

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I'm just happy to see this thread stay alive, it deserves that much. It doesn't deserve to die just yet.

Frank n beans!

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'm just happy to see this thread stay alive, it deserves that much. It doesn't deserve to die just yet.

Frank n beans!

Me too, buddy. Me too. Thank you for all your hard work keeping the dream alive, especially earlier in the thread.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I love this thread because I already knew what type of responses it would generate, it goes back to my very first comment which was the very first response. I knew that he would face these challenges before it even became to be. Honestly, the OP was fine, it's the comments that followed (from all parties involved) which escalated the thread to a crapper meme. For that reason, it's my favorite thread on the boards atm.

Believe me, I understand what's at stake here. With the newly announced release date of Deadfire, this thread isn't so welcoming but valid reasoning we all find here nonetheless. The good thing is that Deadfire is already successful so we as a community can feel safe and comforted in knowing that.

As for OP, I'll say again, Skyrim was such a buggy mess for me - so much that I couldn't finish one playthrough or faction alignment within 80 hours of playworth. Still, that means nothing as my experience differs from the OP's personal experience. I have seen people play multiple playthroughs without any bugs hundering their game, small or big. Hoping that when I played, I would share that experience. Different set-ups offer different experiences, it's always been this way. What one person experences, an other may not for they have different back-door files, optimal tracks and so on.

However, in defense to the OP and the community who backed Deadfire which disagrees with the OP. My playthrough of Pillars 1 was completely bugless but, again, I'm not going to passion on bigotry and tell someone what they experienced wasn't real or all in their head. After all, I was playing Arkham Knight in 1440p and 60fps at the time when 90% of people couldn't run it in 30fps in 1080p on its horrid release.

All that said, this thread is what forums are made of and why I'm proud to be a member here. It allows me to be a part of something greater than myself and while I know some non-members will think of member's comments from all members as trolling status/bait, I think of it as a bunch of people miscommunicating among each other.

So you see, we've somehow resorted to shifting focus and blame and even comparing that which resides off the subject, thus avoiding the origin topic. This is the beauty of any forums today and the members who particpy the outcome. As said before, we as the people long to unjustify the just by any means necessary. It's nothing new but we have somehow become more crafty at being sneaky with it.

Putting all that hefty logic and rational reasoning aside, yes I agree with the majority here - Burn the OP alive, he is a treacherous traitor!!! TREASON I SAY! TREASON!!! He is an attention seeking baiter, woot woot!

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Of course, anyone who disagrees with te majority is irrelevant, attention seeking or a troll. Such is the way of the forums throughout the ages. Has it ever been any different? Even when someone states a mere harmless fact, it's the rule of internet for someone contest it, as Gifted1 said earlier. People cannot stand to let it be for whatever reason.

Aside from all that, let's all keep this thread going for as long as possible. Hoping it gets up to 500 lol :)

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

People simply do not like the truth if it goes against their belief or value. If people truly want the thread to die, they'd end it but instead they're more concerned abiut getting the last word in over the OP or whoever else contests their viewpoint. Amazing.

There's nothing attention seeking or trolling about what the OP or what I am saying. You simply do not like or agree with what a person is saying so you credit it as trolling or baiting. The purpose of my comments is not to get on your nerves, but that is the affect, I'm simply stating both sides of the nickel here.. defiling it as otherwise as such will not change the fact.

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Blizzard says hi.

(Not a RPG) The latest Call of Duty was unplayable for a lot of people right out of the box until about a week after launch.  I don't recall the specifics of the issue (I don't play CoD), but my cousin was lamenting the fact the game was unplayable for like a week until it got patched.

So yeah, this notion that Obsidian's the lone developer whose games need patching right out of the box is ... bizarre.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I love this thread because I already knew what type of responses it would generate, it goes back to my very first comment which was the very first response. I knew that he would face these challenges before it even became to be. Honestly, the OP was fine, it's the comments that followed (from all parties involved) which escalated the thread to a crapper meme. For that reason, it's my favorite thread on the boards atm.

Believe me, I understand what's at stake here. With the newly announced release date of Deadfire, this thread isn't so welcoming but valid reasoning we all find here nonetheless. The good thing is that Deadfire is already successful so we as a community can feel safe and comforted in knowing that.

As for OP, I'll say again, Skyrim was such a buggy mess for me - so much that I couldn't finish one playthrough or faction alignment within 80 hours of playworth. Still, that means nothing as my experience differs from the OP's personal experience. I have seen people play multiple playthroughs without any bugs hundering their game, small or big. Hoping that when I played, I would share that experience. Different set-ups offer different experiences, it's always been this way. What one person experences, an other may not for they have different back-door files, optimal tracks and so on.

However, in defense to the OP and the community who backed Deadfire which disagrees with the OP. My playthrough of Pillars 1 was completely bugless but, again, I'm not going to passion on bigotry and tell someone what they experienced wasn't real or all in their head. After all, I was playing Arkham Knight in 1440p and 60fps at the time when 90% of people couldn't run it in 30fps in 1080p on its horrid release.

All that said, this thread is what forums are made of and why I'm proud to be a member here. It allows me to be a part of something greater than myself and while I know some non-members will think of member's comments from all members as trolling status/bait, I think of it as a bunch of people miscommunicating among each other.

So you see, we've somehow resorted to shifting focus and blame and even comparing that which resides off the subject, thus avoiding the origin topic. This is the beauty of any forums today and the members who particpy the outcome. As said before, we as the people long to unjustify the just by any means necessary. It's nothing new but we have somehow become more crafty at being sneaky with it.

Putting all that hefty logic and rational reasoning aside, yes I agree with the majority here - Burn the OP alive, he is a treacherous traitor!!! TREASON I SAY! TREASON!!! He is an attention seeking baiter, woot woot!

The OP's post was a lot more reasonable, logical, and sensible than yours.  At least his post(s) was a legitimate complaint about how he felt about Obsidian's ability to deliver something to his standards.  You just seem to see what you want to see (drama) and keep stirring the pot.

Kind of reminiscent of my cousin's 5 year old when he decides to stick his fingers in his ears and scream "la la la la can't hear what you say".

• Like 2

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This thread went south pretty quickly due to people targeting each other in personal attacks rather than approaching things with reasoning and logic (I would say Achilles at me, Gromnir at me, me going for 90% inappropriate criticism towards Gromnir). While it's hard to take a step away from rather baity personal attacks especially when they're coming from a few different sources and so say things in the heat of the moment (e.g. what I said Gromnir and then apologised for), maybe at this stage we should all do so - though if you want to carry on don't let me stop you.

As I've not heard a, "Oh that optional autosave option Jojobobo said sounds entirely stupid" line yet - I think we can all agree that's probably a good idea for most RPG companies, but (arguably) especially for Obsidian when the bugs come out of left field and could easily be reversed with a previous save (as they also aren't overtly advertised on the UI - and so likely to slip under the radar and people write over unbugged saves) and it's also something they more or less implemented plus patched-in with PoE 1 and Sun-in-Shadow. It's a clean positive outcome from this what can only be described as "colourful" thread, which I think you could all benefit from (I doubt anyone would argue for fewer autosave options in a buggy game, but stranger things have happened - probably in this thread no less).

Edited by Jojobobo
  • Like 3

This thread went south pretty quickly due to people targeting each other in personal attacks rather than approaching things with reasoning and logic (I would say Achilles at me, Gromnir at me, me going for 90% inappropriate criticism towards Gromnir). While it's hard to take a step away from rather baity personal attacks especially when they're coming from a few different sources and so say things in the heat of the moment (e.g. what I said Gromnir and then apologised for), maybe at this stage we should all do so - though if you want to carry on don't let me stop you.

As I've not heard a, "Oh that optional autosave option Jojobobo said sounds entirely stupid" line yet - I think we can all agree that's probably a good idea for most RPG companies, but (arguably) especially for Obsidian when the bugs come out of left field and could easily be reversed with a previous save (as they also aren't overtly advertised on the UI - and so likely to slip under the radar and people write over unbugged saves) and it's also something they more or less implemented plus patched-in with PoE 1 and Sun-in-Shadow. It's a clean positive outcome from this what can only be described as "colourful" thread, which I think you could all benefit from (I doubt anyone would argue for fewer autosave options in a buggy game, but stranger things have happened - probably in this thread no less).

Sad to see that people couldn't be mature enough to just take it. Meh what else is new? We got the great reaction of "My opinion is right, yours is wrong, here's why!" & "Oh you responded, here's my response to your response, again your experience is wrong, I'll have the last word." going on here. Repetitive and creepy, isn't it... To have people try to brainwash you at every turn?

I said it before and I'll say it again, people don't like something and they'll find a way to make themselves a victim while injecting their viewpoint.

Maybe the thread will be locked as its now resorted to name-calling. What's next? Heritage, profile, posts number? It will only be so long before we are accused of being the same person on different accounts :p

My favorite thread by far, though I suspect it will get locked by a mod soon, due to people not being much mature to handle truth or respect anyone else's valid experience anymore. Funny how these threads always end up like so. Oh well, all I can seem to do do is sit back and smile as I read. Good stuff... when people try their best to make something seem worthless.

Perhaps most importantly, no matter what, the only thing that matters is that you have the right to state your experience, the devs appreciate that. Repeating myself as needed, the more people try to make it seem less real in their own punitive way. There's nothing wrong with my saying that as it's only true lol

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

My favorite thread by far, though I suspect it will get locked by a mod soon, due to people not being much mature to handle truth or respect anyone else's valid experience anymore. Funny how these threads always end up like so. Oh well, all I can seem to do do is sit back and smile as I read. Good stuff... when people try their best to make something seem worthless.

You're overreacting a bit mate. They're not going to lock a thread because of a few disagreements.  This thread has been tamed compared to some of the weird troll topics you made on the deadfire forums.

Edited by Bill Gates' Son
  • Like 3

Which ones exactly? The SJW one was closed/locked only because people weren't mature enough to see the point of thread, they only made the thread worth locking themselves. A mod even talked to me about how and why it was locked. None of my other threads have been anything close though.

But that's not what's going on here, not saying I'm offended. It's just that people are going off topic, sprouting irrelevance which is rendering the thread's progression useless, ironically. That's why I say it might be locked, the thread is going in circles and people are just repeating themselves. I shall, too.

Just find it odd that everyone in this thread who has been accusing of something they're doing so themselves. Usual case with the forums, you see. Nothing new under the sun.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently playing definitive edition  and finished WM1 and 2     and enter  ACT 3     and thus far i did not have a single issue nor bug!!!!  And i am completionist  (that means i do everything possible in game).

Edited by Ogi79