I love the Concept of a Shapeshifted focused Druid,
Though, I wonder, do we really need all 5 Transformations ? What's your opinion on the Subclass ?
I'd rather choose & Focused my Gameplay on One Form rather than having all five personnaly.
Moreover, in my mind, going into a Shifter focused Class, I kind of don't want to rely on "Magic Spells", you know.
Developp my Character more on the Passive side of the Ability Tree, where in that case, lacks for some more Passive Options to choose for.
I don't really like Leveling up & being forced to choose a Magic Spell, that I don't wanna rely on because of the Nature of my Class,
because there's no more Passive Options left to choose from...
When Josh presented the Fighter Class back in the day, he was asked :
- Will Fighters be more Active in Deafire ?
& Responded :
- You will be able to make a more Fighting oriented Fighter Class in Deadfire [...], but on the other hand : If you'd rather want a more Passive Fighter, where you don't wanna Micro manage it & let him do his own thing, (ie : Let him Tank), while dealing with the rest of your Party, you can absolutely do that.
So here's the thing regardind the Shifter Subclass : I'd like Josh & Devs to take kind of the same approach towards this Subclass.
More Options :
- When Shifted - A variety of Active Abilities if you're aiming at an Active "Micro-Management" Playstyle.
- And Options to be Passive. Natural Tankiness [Skin Upgrade], Regenerating Over-Time [Similar to the Fighter Recovery], DPS oriented Passives [Upgraded Claws, Auto-Leap when switching target (1 meter range)], Etc. Lol I don't know, just iterating here.
- I know it kinda implies they'd sort of have to create custom Ability Trees for Forms but, wouldn't it be worth...
Anyway, for now I guess my main concern is to be forced to choose a Magic Spell, when I don't want to. I imagine i could try to Multiclass a Shifter with a Fighter [Unbroken if I wanna Tank], but I don't want the penalty of Lower Power-Level, Etc.
EDIT : Even when Multiclassed, still forced to choose a Magic Spell at some point. [Hint : Any Form + Monk's "Swift Strikes" = Shred your way through Ennemies.]
Dedicated Shifted Druid that can Access the highest potential of its Class, Passively or Actively.
Also, I'm a Shifter, shouldn't I be able to "Toggle" ? And comeback to my Form ? It shouldn't be regarded as a Consumable thing that is lost because you used it... I'm a Shifter, I'm a Master at it.
Edited by DexGames, 12 December 2017 - 07:48 AM.