Affliction/Inspirations-- Unnecessarily Obfuscated?

fortuntek

I think the new system will become much easier the more we use it. Right now, reading stuff like "awareness inspiration" seems weird because we're not used to it. Soon enough we'll be so accustomed to it that it will be intuitive.

I'm sure MANY people had the same complaint about Pillars 1 coming from BG2.

• Like 1

Nah, Josh has become so balanced through the balancing of the balance, that the cosmic balance has balanced his ability to balance through  time

So that's why ever since the Unlabored Blade nerf even the fireflies in my area have glowed a little less brightly...

• Like 1

I think the new system will become much easier the more we use it. Right now, reading stuff like "awareness inspiration" seems weird because we're not used to it. Soon enough we'll be so accustomed to it that it will be intuitive.

I'm sure MANY people had the same complaint about Pillars 1 coming from BG2.

I think the current issues isn't really that "awareness inspiration" means nothing. Fit, Strong and Smart aren't hard to guess what they do either. The current issue is that inspirations are supposed to counter afflictions but outside of "Inspiration X counter afflictions that affect stat Y" we have no other information. You have to go through each afflictions and find the ones that affect stat Y to know what it can counter..in the middle of combat.

I personally like, Fit, Strong, Smart, Aware. I have a good idea what they do without having to check at their stats.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Well, it's pretty difficult to do things while you're blind!

Rogues and Ciphers both get the ability to blind things from low levels. You're right, blind is a really effective affliction, and it goes a long way to make both of the classes feel fun and distinct early on in the game.

Edited by cheesevillain

WiQIcTH.png

Blind seems to have a disproportionate amount of effects compared to other afflictions (even Paralyze is just -5 Dex and 50% Hits to Crits, which is a whole other issue)

'cause of penetration mechanic, a 50% hits-to-crits is more significant than it first appears.  in addition to basic poe crit damage modifiers, a deadfire crit now provides a large penetration bonus. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yes, crit combined with 130% multiplicative damage (when penetr. is a lot higher than armor) is really devastating now. Another reason why the Devoted is very strong compared to some other melee classes atm (gets +penetr. and +crits).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods