Steam or gog

Melusina

I believe GOG sooner or later brings more Bethesda games to their "shop".

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

ZeniMax would rather create their own platform instead of offering their games DRM free...

It"s only a matter of time till they bring back the "paid" mods for their franchises, I dont think GOG could accommodate that.

--

I have Steam, Origin, GOG Galaxy, and Uplay. And I hate them all. I'd rather have everything with Steam (easily because its the first service and the biggest by market share), its so cumbersome to have 4 clients running and updating all the time.

ZeniMax would rather create their own platform instead of offering their games DRM free...

It"s only a matter of time till they bring back the "paid" mods for their franchises, I dont think GOG could accommodate that.

--

I have Steam, Origin, GOG Galaxy, and Uplay. And I hate them all. I'd rather have everything with Steam (easily because its the first service and the biggest by market share), its so cumbersome to have 4 clients running and updating all the time.

Idk, GoG could finally give into DRM one day. Never say never.

All it takes is one slip and they'd never go back to being "DRM free".

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I being using both Steam and GOG a lot lately. (That's mainly do to both sites regularly having discounts on games.)

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Oh that's right, I did pick up the GOG version on one of those sales. Good reminder. Definitely need to make the move to SSD, as I'm due for an HD crash one of these days.

Didn't take long - on the exact day I planned to back up data, Windows got corrupted and wouldn't boot nor restore. Have an SSD now, much faster but does an odd freeze after some time of idleness. Also, reinstalled Bloodlines, and got that working, finally, this time a slightly different fix from a slightly different problem than before. Fun. Now onto trying to save data, if possible. 

Didn't take long - on the exact day I planned to back up data, Windows got corrupted and wouldn't boot nor restore. Have an SSD now, much faster but does an odd freeze after some time of idleness. Also, reinstalled Bloodlines, and got that working, finally, this time a slightly different fix from a slightly different problem than before. Fun. Now onto trying to save data, if possible. 

You could alter the power options of your SSD drive (device manager).

If your unlucky, you might have to reinstall Windows. Had a similar issue with an old installation and new drives and mainboard, but I couldn't fix it with new drivers or different settings.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I don't seem to get notifications anymore when someone posts a comment under any of my workshop submissions. Anyone know what could cause this? It's annoying having to constantly cycle through all of my crap just to see if someone commented on something.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

• 2 weeks later...

You could alter the power options of your SSD drive (device manager).

If your unlucky, you might have to reinstall Windows. Had a similar issue with an old installation and new drives and mainboard, but I couldn't fix it with new drivers or different settings.

No luck. Seem to be stuck with the issue as well. Not a big problem, as of yet though. Thanks for the reply. 

About Bloodlines: I bought one of those jewel-case(no big box) versions of Bloodlines back in 2007 and to my surprise, it did not need a patch. I installed and played it and it worked right out of the box, from start to finish.

Edit: this is the one I'm talking about.

5kkt_%DB%B2%DB%B0%DB%B1%DB%B8%DB%B0%DB%B

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

That image is so slow to load. Feels like 56 kbps up in here. Cool though - did you recently play it or do you mean back in 2007? The steam version has no game breaking bugs for me that people say is the reason you must install the fan patch. Just the thing needs to be defibrillated back to life to get it going, plus resolution and texture tweaks or it's just a blurry mess. 

I played it back in 2007. No game breaking bugs at all.

I recently installed the Steam version WITH the fan patch and I must say, it pays off. The visuals become a whole lot more bearable.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

For an old game, it does look anazing still in 4k, along with Red Faction: Guerilla (normal version).

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

For an old game, it does look anazing still in 4k, along with Red Faction: Guerilla (normal version).

Yeah. I've always preferred those photo realistic textures of that era, along with the GTAs and such, especially for urban environments. It's simpler but more effective and immersive and it just plain looks better. 

• Like 1

The Source Engine is underrated and produced some of the best animations in games til this day. I wish devs still used it.