Hardwood and round holes 2K18

Leferd

The amount of dead weight LeBron has had to carry this far is overwhelming.  It's partially his own fault since, let's be real, he is the actual coach and GM of the team, so the personnel he has surrounding him is at least in part his own doing.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"he is the actual coach and GM of the team"

No, he isn't.. If he was no way is Kyrie Irving traded especially for who he was traded for.. Also, no way does the ex GM get fired so the owner can force the bad trade or keeping the useless 8th pick.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The Cavs go out with a whimper. I almost feel bad for LeBron. He carried that team on his back all the way to the finals and continued to play phenomenal in the finals, but against the Dubs it wasn't even close to enough.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The tiny tiny hope they had went out at the end of game 1. :(

Damn Warriors.  They could, in theory, win another 3-5 championships... That is some scary stacked ****.

I think Curry should have got the MVP. He was arguably better than Durant in 3 of the 4 games. I mean, it is close because in Game 3 Curry was way off, whereas Durant was steadily dangerous through all 4 games, but I still think Curry had a good case.

Yeah, I'd have given it to Curry too. They both had 'off games'.  But, they gave it to Durant so they can keep trying to push the 'Durant has taken over best player status from James' storyline even though we all know that isn't true.He just has the best team. I mean, they won 73 games without him AND  a championship. We'll see how subpar CLE is without James next season.

Edited by Volourn

Yeah, I'd have given it to Curry too. They both had 'off games'.  But, they gave it to Durant so they can keep trying to push the 'Durant has taken over best player status from James' storyline even though we all know that isn't true.He just has the best team. I mean, they won 73 games without him AND  a championship. We'll see how subpar CLE is without James next season.

That narrative bothers me as much as the one where the Warriors have somehow ruined basketball by fielding a super team. They built that team through drafting, coaching, and a smart trade for Iguodala. KD was obviously a huge get for them, but they already had the foundation of a strong team before he arrived. 

I understand the argument for KD as mvp. Game 3 could have been a big momentum swing game in the series and Steph had a terrible night and most of the rest of the team was pretty flat. KD put the team on his back and carried them to a backbreaking victory. That said, I think Steph should have gotten the mvp. He had 3 big games and 1 terrible game to KDs 1 big game 1 good game and 2 mediocre games.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The complete list of NBA players who have won multiple Finals MVPs:

Michael Jordan 6

LeBron James 3

Magic Johnson 3

Tim Duncan 3

Shaquille O'Neal 3

Larry Bird 2

Hakeem Olajuwon 2

Kobe Bryant 2

Willis Reed 2

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 2

Kevin Durant 2

As an aside, Bill Russell, whose name sits on the award, would have at least 8 or 9 of them if it had existed back then. :p

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

“Would I rank LeBron over Kobe in terms of best of all time? No. There’s something about five that beats three. … Kobe won five championships. LeBron won three.”

-MJ

The thing for me is that I also think that James and Bryant is a better comparison than Jordan and James especially because people like to compare their accomplishments at the same age rather than at the same point in their careers. The age thing really gives Kobe and BronBron an edge as they both came right out of high school and Jordan went to college for 3 years but comparing them at the same point in their careers gives Jordan a much bigger advantage as now that the season is over James and Jordan have played the same length of time, 15 seasons. Kobe played 20 years which I think it going to be what James does if he can stay healthy the next few years.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

• 2 weeks later...

The two teams that made a trade at the top of the draft, the Hawks and Mavs, had the best first round IMHO. The Mavs got Luka Doncic who is, in my opinion, the best overall player in this draft when factoring in both NBA readiness and overall upside. The Hawks got Trae Young, who has massive upside, and a 2019 first rounder out of the deal.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So.. who is going to sign one of the best centers (and underrated) for league minimum for a steal?  I know people like to bash Howad but that guy is still pretty damn good. As proven by how teams tend to get worse when he leaves (Houston being the lone exception but even they had good seasons with him)?   Being able to sign Howard for so little money has gotta be a steal. Maybe the new looks Lakers will do it. Maybe GS.. *shudders*

“Would I rank LeBron over Kobe in terms of best of all time? No. There’s something about five that beats three. … Kobe won five championships. LeBron won three.”

-MJ

The thing for me is that I also think that James and Bryant is a better comparison than Jordan and James especially because people like to compare their accomplishments at the same age rather than at the same point in their careers. The age thing really gives Kobe and BronBron an edge as they both came right out of high school and Jordan went to college for 3 years but comparing them at the same point in their careers gives Jordan a much bigger advantage as now that the season is over James and Jordan have played the same length of time, 15 seasons. Kobe played 20 years which I think it going to be what James does if he can stay healthy the next few years.

I'm not much of a basketball fan, but I'm not aware of Jordan acting like a giant baby on the court when calls weren't made in his favor. If you're going to be ranking everyone; their behavior on the court (and off) should also matter and acting like a giant man baby is not a sign in your favor. I find the whole league starting to morph into football (soccer) injury performances to be a giant turn off to the sport as a whole.

• Like 1

-MJ"

Did MJ admit he isn't the best NBA player? Someone should list all the players who have more championshiops than MJ and ask him if he thinks they're all better than him? I have my doubts.

They have the cap space.

Hmmm....though they just also signed Caldwell-Pope for $12 million.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle