You did WHAT...?!

Amentep

Today I watched more JunsKitchen videos (along with Rachel and Jun videos).

Every time I watch people who are decent/good with a kitchen knife - the cutting food, not just cleaning rust - I get just a little bit jealous. They make it look so easy. Pffft.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I love Jun's kitchen. I honestly don't think fluent cooking is all that hard if you have the equipment and spend a bit of time picking up some methods. The most important thing is having a really sharp knife, it literally makes things trivial.

Today I watched more JunsKitchen videos (along with Rachel and Jun videos).

Every time I watch people who are decent/good with a kitchen knife - the cutting food, not just cleaning rust - I get just a little bit jealous. They make it look so easy. Pffft.

video

for a home chef, elite knife skills are useful but hardly essential.  sure, prep time is significant increased if you are clumsy with a knife, but is hardly a real limitation.  make certain your steel is sharp.  more important, plan ahead and make certain you do all possible prep work in advance o' applying heat to anything.  e.g. pre-measure out spices and quantities o' ingredients.  

we do a fair amount o' cooking but we almost never watch cooking shows.  'bout a year ago we saw ina garten's (sp?) show for the first time.  not particular great knife skills.  am being generous. we current got partial paralysis in our left hand/arm and our overall knife skills is far better than she displayed.  with her rather mundane (at best) knife skills, she is nevertheless making buckets o' money for her cooking skills.

annoyingly valid bit o' pith: success is 90% preparation and 10% perspiration. cooking is no different than most craftsmanship. don't simple read a recipe ahead o' time, but plan.  be willing to invest time in preparation so you can then focus on actual cooking.  doesn't much matter if you can expert fine chop 10 onions in two minutes or not if you is cooking at home and can afford to spend a bit more time on prep. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps alternative: you can do as our sister did and avoid cooking altogether-- baking only.  can be a fine baker with pretty much 0 knife skills.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Sorry to hear about your condition, Gromnir. Hopefully it is temporary?

not temp.  'course is also not a particular big deal for us at this stage. type slower and riding a bike is a bit more dangerous with only one good hand/arm. takes a bit longer to prepare meals. no more visits to batting cages. etc. mostly minor inconveniences.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

How so? I'm on 52.0.2 with auto-updating off for plugin compatibility reasons.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Firefox updated and now everything is garbage. :/

There could be some bugs or issues with a particular target build. But in the grander scheme this is factually wrong. I've been following the development of this update very closely, and it's really nothing short of amazing.

If you are having issues, I'd recommend sticking things out. Maybe using an older version for the time being.

Btw the newest version is 57.

Judging from the huge "members online" list, I'm guessing something big is going on today. Game beta?

Today I ran out of my homemade chicken+chicken liver mix and when I tried giving Kitty some Fancy Feast to tide him over, he tried to bury the dish and gave me this dirty look. I guess I better hoof it to the store and do some cooking before I sit down to check out FFXV Comrades.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, as Gfted said above. So the thing I'm wondering is, who the heck scrolls down past the 2 dozen game-specific subforums to see who's online anyhow?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Yeah, as Gfted said above. So the thing I'm wondering is, who the heck scrolls down past the 2 dozen game-specific subforums to see who's online anyhow?

Someone who has every non-WoT subforum always minimized and uses the "End" key to get to the bottom of the page.

Edit: :biggrin:

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2

Firefox updated and now everything is garbage. :/

There could be some bugs or issues with a particular target build. But in the grander scheme this is factually wrong. I've been following the development of this update very closely, and it's really nothing short of amazing.

If you are having issues, I'd recommend sticking things out. Maybe using an older version for the time being.

Btw the newest version is 57.

Most of my addons aren't working anymore. I even had to install a new IRC client, because chatzilla - that I was using for years - doesn't work anymore. Also the interface looks like crap now... probably also because my classic theme restorer addon isn't working anymore. My web developer toolbar isn't showing up anymore either.

tl;dr -- everything is crap now.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

For about 20 minutes this morning I efreshed the backer page every few seconds to see if the beta had been released. Got my key as soon as it popped up and plugged it right into GOG like it mattered since I was at work and couldn't play it anyway. First there was a feeling of joy and a sense of accomplishment but that was quickly followed by an uneasy feeling and a bit of regret as I slowly came to the realization that I had absolutely no desire to actually participate in the beta. Now I wish I hadn't redeemed it so that I could give it away to someone who might enjoy it.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Firefox broke all the extensions with 57 or so. Annoying as NoScript doesn't work well. Quantum is pretty fast though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

food poisoning, happy happy joy joy

Struggling to catch up in classes this semester. Last semester was straight As and now I'm just hoping to pass. Didn't help that I was so heavily medicated the last few months that I could barely function let alone comprehend new concepts and ideas.

Sorry to hear that Barti

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

food poisoning, happy happy joy joy

Ouch, hope you get well soon.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Struggling to catch up in classes this semester. Last semester was straight As and now I'm just hoping to pass. Didn't help that I was so heavily medicated the last few months that I could barely function let alone comprehend new concepts and ideas.

Sorry to hear that Barti

I am doing nothing and somehow I've got As. You can too if you embrace nihilistic hedonism.
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Runnign my store, seem to be doing a decent(ish) job given little feedback.

Had to fire a kid because he was using fraud to get his numbers up (and just pocket a bit more cash). We uncovered this over the course of a day where my boss basically said "So, we gonna fire him or you want something else?" It went from us deciding to maybe fire him over his attendance and attitude problems to my boss being on a conference call with the corporate security team.

Got a call from the customer today, apparently this kid threatened to kill our customer if she ratted him out. She's a touch rattled and I can't help but consider that I might get shanked by a disgruntled employee in the near future.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hope you stay safe and get that sorted out Calax, sounds like the little twerp deserves some time behind bars.

---

Perk of having vacation time; Loads of time to play PnP.

Downside of vacation time; Loads of timepressure to plan adventures.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken