recently been obsessed with big cats. been watching alot of youtube about lions. i like to have more options for ranger pets or maybe semi-perma shapeshifting abitlities?

having a male white lion, or african lion, or jaguar as pets will really be awesome!

• Like 1

Don't quote me on this, but I think Josh said something about the possibility to customising your pet's appearance. For example you'd choose a cat as your pet then pick from one of several skins. This might have been an "if we have time" thing though, or I may have simply imagined it.

Don't quote me on this, but I think Josh said something about the possibility to customising your pet's appearance. For example you'd choose a cat as your pet then pick from one of several skins. This might have been an "if we have time" thing though, or I may have simply imagined it.

Why not go beyond possibility? Pets to have their own armor and weapon slots :D

Ye i love me some ranger but i usually go wolf. wouldn't mind the bear if it was better. so any love for animal companions would be welcomed. I asked josh in one of the twitches about pet colors and he said maybe basically. It just may not add a ton of value from their point of view for how many players would enjoy it vs the cost of development inclusion. 

The shape-shifting will come from multiclassing. So you can do ranger/druid and be wolf/wolf or cat/lion for the cat.  

Edited by draego

It's a unique world, so why not some unusual animals? A smilodon companion, for instance.

Smilodons aren't that different from stalgaer. 

Fair enough. But still, some unique animal companions would be interesting.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

It's a unique world, so why not some unusual animals? A smilodon companion, for instance.

Smilodons aren't that different from stalgaer. 

Stalgaer are basically smilodon mountain lions that live in packs.

Stalgaer are an Eir Glanfath and Dyrwood creature according to their profile. So maybe Deadfire would have a different sort of cat. Maybe something inspired by the alleged Maltese Tiger or something.

Also, I too am obsessed with big cats.

It does seem based to some extent on the Malay/Indonesian archipelago, but theres also some elements of the Carribean in there. It's certainly not based wholly on any single real world archipelago or island chain. That said, I'm sure there will be some big cats thrown in.

RDR cougars were terrifying. Seriously one of the most frightening creatures in a game. Fast, camouflaged, deadly, relentless. Living through a simulated cat attack really brings you back to your ancestral roots. Zoos have placated us.

• Like 1