RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Agreed, it's one of the things that made me hate that game, the others being the crappy gunplay and the fact that while there are a billion different guns, 99.9% of them are garbage. It's too bad because I love the setting, characters, and humor, but I just can't enjoy a shooter where the shooting feels so bad.

Eh, Borderlands games are still reasonably well executed, and I actually found the shooting reasonably fun whenever I was exploring the right area at the right level with the right gear. Problem is that this situation happened rather seldomly and equipment got outdated rather quickly. Still, it most certainly does not solve the problem with spongy enemies as its levelling mechanics are more or less based around that concept. Incidentally, it also has a decent emphasis on headshots. And is a console game.

Why is that?

Well it applies you argumentation to real-world uses. Like I still have no idea whether Gorgon was referring specifically to military sims, where he's quite correct that gamepad would be a terrible choice, then again I don't know of consoles really touching the genre in any way, or just FPS games in general, which - to my knowledge - only cared about headshots to very limited extent even before FPS games were widespread on consoles. A few examples would have resolved that problem quite elegantly.

Why on earth would I feel like I owe people on a forum answers to validate my opinion or defend it?

First of all, where did I say anything along those lines? Secondly, I would assume that when you bother to actually back up an opinion with arguments, you want your arguments to be understood properly. I don't particularly care if you don't tho and never claimed otherwise?

Agreed, it's one of the things that made me hate that game, the others being the crappy gunplay and the fact that while there are a billion different guns, 99.9% of them are garbage. It's too bad because I love the setting, characters, and humor, but I just can't enjoy a shooter where the shooting feels so bad.

Eh, Borderlands games are still reasonably well executed, and I actually found the shooting reasonably fun whenever I was exploring the right area at the right level with the right gear. Problem is that this situation happened rather seldomly and equipment got outdated rather quickly. Still, it most certainly does not solve the problem with spongy enemies as its levelling mechanics are more or less based around that concept. Incidentally, it also has a decent emphasis on headshots. And is a console game.

Why is that?

Well it applies you argumentation to real-world uses. Like I still have no idea whether Gorgon was referring specifically to military sims, where he's quite correct that gamepad would be a terrible choice, then again I don't know of consoles really touching the genre in any way, or just FPS games in general, which - to my knowledge - only cared about headshots to very limited extent even before FPS games were widespread on consoles. A few examples would have resolved that problem quite elegantly.

Why on earth would I feel like I owe people on a forum answers to validate my opinion or defend it?

First of all, where did I say anything along those lines? Secondly, I would assume that when you bother to actually back up an opinion with arguments, you want your arguments to be understood properly. I don't particularly care if you don't tho and never claimed otherwise?
That proves my point about it though...

This isn't an argument. There is no such thing as someone liking/prefering a game being right or wrong. And there is no reason for anyone to "back up" a game being thought of as good. If people enjoy the game then they enjoy it, same thing with not enjoying it.

I've noticed that this forum (well most forums to that affect) love to argue about everything that can be argued about... politics, religion, etc but I don't see the point of arguing about something you enjoy. If that even makes sense? Maybe it doesn't.

Aside from all that I still don't see the need to convince anyone here of anything nor the inportance of sharing what specifically enjoy. I almost get the feeling that if someone doesn't share specifics after a statement, then someone will come along and state the following: "If you don't give an example or state specifics to your opinion then what you say isn't true and you must not really know what you're talking about" but in reality it's more like "Damn... the person didn't share specifics so Idk what they're talking about and I can't contest them by nitpicking every small thing about the game/genre I don't like to tell them why they're wrong".

Idk, I just don't think stuff like that is important to share if it has the possibility to turn into an argument and if you can tell ahead of time that there's a chance that most likely the person won't even change their mind (on either side). It would just turn up into a non-serious 1up battle, a waste of everyone's time :(

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

God Eater 2 Rage Burst is $17.00 right now (from $49.99) if you like Monster Hunter type game.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

"Why on earth would I feel like I owe people on a forum answers to validate my opinion or defend it?"

its the purpose of any forum

I understand that, I didnt specify.

About our likes and dislikes specifically, should be a different matter. I feel that we shouldn't have to defend what we like to people who dislike. I'd rather have peeps ask me why I dislike something then to tell me to defend why I like it. Maybe it's just me though. Perhaps I am too old to get the handle on how these forums "work".

Why bother to name examples, it's not like naming games from a genre is going to suddenly convince you they're good lol

I'd give a list but I don't expect someone won't argue they aren't good - especially those who haven't played them or given them a chance because that's how people on this forum seem to be so I'll just avoid that altogether lol

I didn't realize you were part of that conversation.

Why bother joining it when all you do is post spam? It's not like any of your posts will endear you to anyone yet you somehow feel obligated to post in EVERY thread, even if it means following your own post.

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Why bother to name examples, it's not like naming games from a genre is going to suddenly convince you they're good lol

I'd give a list but I don't expect someone won't argue they aren't good - especially those who haven't played them or given them a chance because that's how people on this forum seem to be so I'll just avoid that altogether lol

I didn't realize you were part of that conversation.

Why bother joining it when all you do is post spam? It's not like any of your posts will endear you to anyone yet you somehow feel obligated to post in EVERY thread, even if it means following your own post.

Sorry I offended you. Forgive me for indulging in the ignorance. I wasn't aware that my posts/comments were hurting anyone but you seem to be the only one who gets so offended.

Also, you accuse me of the very things you're guilty of. Common forum behavior of yours I guess. What will you say next I wonder... since you haven't liked me much since I first came here. I will keep being me and you can keep being you. The moderators don't see my posts or comments as a threat to you and obviously they are much more knowledgeable and non-biased. Hopefully you can move on and quit mentioning the imaginary spamming which you always tend to bring up whenever you feel as if you have a score to settle with me.

Edited by SonicMage117

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

With so many people on your block/ignore collection, I guess I'm happy to make the list ;)

I had no idea you were so touchy, with all the members here that is.

Edited by SonicMage117

Hey, it's the only way to stay sane when you decide to post 10-15 single sentence posts all at once.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Hey, it's the only way to stay sane when you decide to post 10-15 single sentence posts all at once.

I thought you blocked me..

If you can still see peeps comments after you block them, then what is the point?

Edited by SonicMage117

"its the purpose of any forum"

No, it isn't. It is one use/purpose of forums but it isn't the *only*

I'm sure most people here  came here for the purpose  of discussing Obsidian games and learning about new Obsidian games from the source.

I certainly didn't come here to discuss politics or 'prove my point of view correct' to a bunch of yahoos on the internetz. That is just a bonus. ;D

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well that explains why the same 20-30 people come to the same threads I guess lol

The other sections pretty much have their seperate groups of members. I regret nothin, I like it here ^__^

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

I don't think I have ever seen those people. I take it they only post in the sections dedicated to obsidian games I don't play (anything other than Alpha Protocol) ? :)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I don't think I have ever seen those people. I take it they only post in the sections dedicated to obsidian games I don't play (anything other than Alpha Protocol) ? :)

Maybe the Way Off-topic section which is where most of the same peeps from this section go to discuss politics among other things. We get some from other corners of the forum every now and then but they don't last very long. The peeps from here basically own the Way Off-Topic territory as well tbh lol Edited by SonicMage117

I used to hang out in the Way Off Topic. I even have oby on my ignore list to prove it :)

LOL!

I made a post in the Way-Off section and someone called me by that name :p I was like "Who is that?" And they had to explain it to me. It was pretty funny.

I don't frequent the game forums, so no. A couple were because they only post in political threads and make my eyes roll every time I read something by them, while most of the rest were because they can't string together sentences in anything even remotely approaching coherence (note: generally not related to any language barriers, because while everyone may not know English all too well, basic ideas still generally translate O.K., even if all the details don't). I think most of them are inactive these days, though, hence why you probably don't remember them (some of them were only around for a couple of months before disappearing). I'm pretty trigger-happy (i.e. impatient) with new users who immediately make poor impressions, sadly.

*Also, I should clarify: the above only applied to the ones I actually made visible in the video (as you may have noticed, the top and middle of the list were not visible in the video, and nevermind the second page).

Edited by Bartimaeus

Idk, I don't think blocking anyone is going to change anything tbh, nor do I think it's going to imprint some thought process or make someone learn a lesson if that was the point?

After all, you still see when they comment technically and you still see their picture whenever they made the last post on the topic page so I think it's pointless. I thought about blocking people too at one point but for those facts, I figured... what's the point?

The people you block never get completely filtered but I hope you gave all of them the same royal treatment of a video that you gave me. Or maybe I'm just special. Thank you again for that, it made my day :D

Other than that, I find it strange how people on this forum encourage others to "argue" or "defend/take a stance" but then when they do, someone gets offended. That's kinda weird but it's a forum. I guess that's just how things work here.

Edited by SonicMage117

It's not meant to change anything, perhaps besides myself. First and foremost, it's a warning to myself not to bother reading their posts, for the most part, particularly if it's in the thread (or other threads like it) that originally made me want to ignore them to begin with. For example, someone I put on ignore due to some ridiculous things that they said in a political thread, I might instead be willing to look at their posts in a gaming-related thread, until/unless they demonstrate that those shouldn't be read, either. Secondly, if I do read their post, it's meant to serve as a warning to not reply to them unless I think it'll be a totally non-argumentative discussion and I actually want to. In other words, some people on my ignore list are essentially "partial" ignores, while others are "total" ignores, if that makes sense. Them being on my ignore list helps remind myself *why* I put them there to begin with, and puts me in a better position to go about my day without giving another thought to their posts after seeing that they are there or even after reading them.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 had price fixed:

$59.99 edition has been reduced to $39.99

And the $79.99 Collectors edition has been reduced to $54.99

Mike Pondsmith is one of the coolest guys ever. I totally agree with his take on cyberpunk. I really hate what that genre has become. It's either this garish cyberpop "outrun" bastardization. Or it's this weird dreary, no fun, single political voice, warning of the future sort of story and tone.

Imo, the best of Cyberpunk died in the late 90's. For games it probably culminated with Deus Ex, System Shock II, and Anachronox. Basically after 9/11 cyberpunk was dead.

Since then it's all been rather disappointing. I liked DX:HR as a game, but it doesn't get to the heart of what cyberpunk is. Granted those games are supposed to be pre-cyberpunk as they are prequels.

2077 sounds like it's going to get back to the heart of the genre, and really properly bring it back into alignment. Instead of just a garish stereotype retro throwback, it seems to trying to do what the original pioneers but now integrated the past 20 years of development into their foundation.

• Like 3

I used to hang out in the Way Off Topic. I even have oby on my ignore list to prove it :)

Don't think I have anyone on ignore.  People sure are touchy about forum posting here, though.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra