Netflix to produce live-action The Witcher series

ktchong

Must be the only fantasy game series you played because it sucks.

What are you suggesting?  The Witcher series was  VERY successful and profitable 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/30/the-witcher-series-sales-pass-25-million

volo you need to apologize, lets see how mature you are  :teehee:  :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I never claimed it wasn't successful. Learn to read.

Oh ...dammit, you stopped me there young grasshopper...you outwitted me because technically you right  8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Must be the only fantasy game series you played because it sucks.

Must be not your cup of tea then. What exactly throws you off?

I doubt he will give a cogent or convincing answer, anyone who didnt enjoy the Witcher series I am putting on my list of " possible fake RPG  players "  

John Milton 

I agree with Volo.

You sure? I will give you time to ruminate on this post.....you sure you really want to say "  The Witcher series "  was a bad series ?

My list is long and vast....interminable I would say and volo name has plenty space near it  :teehee:

John Milton 

I agree with Volo.

Im surprised you are satisfied this laconic  answer provides any input , would you accept this from one of your students ?

Details my friend.,, we need examples  :biggrin:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Interesting, probably doomed to failure and hamfisted anachronisms implemented extremely poorly, see Shannara, but interesting nevertheless. One thing I really think they need to do is get the casting right, Mr Doug ****le bless him was limited by the faux Clint Eastwood accent he was asked to adopt, and as we all know only Clint can do Clint. Go back to the roots of the Noir protagonist that Geralt was born from in the novels and cast accordingly.

Personally I think an animated series would be far more effective, with good voice actors and screenwriting, one only has to look at the first and second games flashbacks to see what can be achieved.

I really have no idea who could play the almost Falstaff like role of Jaskier, a young Orson Welles with his dimpled cheeks and laughing eyes springs to mind oddly enough.

Edit: Really, the language filter now objects to molluscs!

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

"Personally I think an animated series would be far more effective, with good voice actors and screenwriting"

Nah. The Twitcher's  best feature are the H0T chicks. I'd feel a lot more comfortable perving over  real H0TTIES not cartoons. :p

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Heavy Metal springs to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GIiOsuDRFk

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

see Shannara

Heh, that show was a train wreck, imo. It was so bad on so many levels, I have no idea how I've been able to stick with it till the end... Wait, probably because every female cast was hot or something. I don't really remember anything else.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

see Shannara

I don't really remember anything else.

Probably for the best.

Edit: Forget the probably.

• Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

I quite liked Shannara, though I have no attachment to the books at all. Not a great fit it being on MTV though, especially since they insisted on very pretty people over those who can actually act- Manu B and John RD excepted, and Manu Bennet was basically playing Crixus/ Deathstroke, again- I'd be tempted to say that being turned into a tree made the worst offender's acting less wooden. Still, for a minute budget its special effects were pretty good in general, and it was a far less overt LotR rip off than expected.

As for actors for TWitcher, who knows. Really depends on budget and where it will be shot as much as anything. It's all very good wanting __ for Geralt, but if they're shooting on a tiny budget then you're going to get Noname McUnknownson instead.