Politics 2017 part 4

Hurlshort

http://www.ibtimes.com/where-kellyanne-conway-top-trump-adviser-has-been-missing-action-2521192

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/02/22/where-is-kellyanne-conway-trump-adviser-reportedly-banned-from-television/21719668/

Where has Kellyanne Conway been lately? Her absence or apparent lack of public comments lately is a very good thing IMO as she embarrassed the Trump presidency on numerous levels ...but I am still interested in her current political status in the Trump presidency 

Also as raised by others is the appreciated fall from power of Bannon and the reasons for this

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/us/politics/stephen-bannon-white-house.html?_r=0

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

http://www.dw.com/en/germany-wont-spend-2-percent-on-defense-says-spd-candidate/a-38368346

even worse than Merkel, oh my god why Germany always have to eff up Europe :/

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

http://www.dw.com/en/germany-wont-spend-2-percent-on-defense-says-spd-candidate/a-38368346

How Germany is effing up Europe if they don't want spent their money to strengthen their own defense? I understand that Nato countries maybe angry if they think that Germany don't do as what has been agreed on, and they are free to kick Germany out if nothing else helps.

• Like 1

Did Prietprat report on the London refugee beaten by the white gang?

I don't see it, but there's this: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/04/10/westminster-terrorist-link-radical-luton-imam-paid-taxpayer-fight-extremism/

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

How Germany is effing up Europe if they don't want spent their money to strengthen their own defense? I understand that Nato countries maybe angry if they think that Germany don't do as what has been agreed on, and they are free to kick Germany out if nothing else helps.

I agree, I think the decision by Germany is imprudent and lacks a degree of military foresight around the overall security of the EU but its not the end of the EU as the USA  will continue to support NATO as its in the best global interests of the USA due to aggression by countries like Russia which ostensibly threaten the USA  around Putins misplaced and unnecessary  grand plan of creating a geographical barrier between the NATO aligned countries and Russia

" Mother Russia will regain its place in the global arena by ......recreating the USSR " ?   :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What? There is so many reasons I can't force myself to point them all out. But at least the basics - If we have agreenment both sides should honour it. Its manners 101

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

What? There is so many reasons I can't force myself to point them all out. But at least the basics - If we have agreenment both sides should honour it. Its manners 101

Yes this is what all NATO members should do yet only 5 NATO members are paying what they should and contributing fairly, this includes the U.S., Greece, the United Kingdom, Estonia and Poland. So its not just Germany that needs to pay more 

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/NATO-Member-Countries-Trump/2017/01/25/id/770363/

John Milton 

Yes this is what all NATO members should do yet only 5 NATO members are paying what they should and contributing fairly, this includes the U.S., Greece, the United Kingdom, Estonia and Poland. So its not just Germany that needs to pay more 

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/NATO-Member-Countries-Trump/2017/01/25/id/770363/

I know, thats why USA requested recently that all members should pay their agreed share, and as far as I know some states responded positively - even tho they stated taht it will take few years. Some may not do it, but at least they are not shouting it into media ffs

Edited by Chilloutman

I know, thats why USA requested recently that all members should pay their agreed share, and as far as I know some states responded positively - even tho they stated taht it will take few years. Some may not do it, but at least they are not shouting it into media ffs

Yes this is also true, many NATO members have agreed to increase their contribution so its 2 % of GDP per country 

John Milton 

NATO isn't worth it if we have to carry most of the load. Let them defend themselves.

nato is extremly important for europe unity, opposed to EU - funny huh?

NATO isn't worth it if we have to carry most of the load. Let them defend themselves.

Sorry WOD the world of global politics and national interests doesnt work like that especially when you consider the reality that the USA is aligned to an EU that is not eroded by the likes of Russia

So its in the best interests of the USA  that NATO is real and sustainable for a number of reasons 

The USA  always will spend large amounts of money on its defense budget,  to quote 

" The U.S. spends the most on defense of any NATO nation at $650 billion in 2016, more than double what the other 27 states spent ".....so consider the NATO payment  just a part of your important contribution your taxes pays for to ensure your overall security as a US  citizen and we also want  a world where  Western values and principles are admired and emulated globally  :geek:

This will lead to a more a prosperous and overall content world, remember Democracy works in most cases  but it needs to be defended and supported 

John Milton 

The 2% spending figure is for 2024 and is not a requirement now. No matter how much money Raytheon and pals spends on fluff opinion pieces and donations to John McCain types.

In any case, an arbitrary requirement is mostly there as corporate welfare rather than as a sensible approach, because any actual conflict involving NATO where 2% spending matters ends with an Ink Spots song and Ron Perlman narration.

One of the Western values is that a society which won't defend itself isn't worth defending.

Yup, this is totally something rooted in rich Western cultural and philosophical traditions and not a pithy one-liner pulled out of your ass at the drop of the hat   :yes:

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

The 2% spending figure is for 2024 and is not a requirement now. No matter how much money Raytheon and pals spends on fluff opinion pieces and donations to John McCain types.

In any case, an arbitrary requirement is mostly there as corporate welfare rather than as a sensible approach, because any actual conflict involving NATO where 2% spending matters ends with an Ink Spots song and Ron Perlman narration.

people are forgetting....

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 1

By that logic we could get rid of conventional forces altogether. But there's a tremendous deterrence value in them, otherwise you encourage Russian and Chinese "salami slicing".

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

If you're talking deterrence factor and salami slicing then there has been no deterrence yet even with the US alone spending more than 10x what Russia does on the military. Few billion more won't make a difference- and there have never been salami slices against anyone already in NATO anyway. NATO is meant to be a defensive alliance for the North Atlantic, not an extension and projection of imperial power.

It's also pretty apparent that the salami slices happen as a response to and in order to block further NATO expansion.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

Considering that Czech uses less of their GDP to military than Germany, I would say that you should complain to your own politician first how your country don't do what is agreed on.

Whoops, damn mobile.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Considering that Czech uses less of their GDP to military than Germany, I would say that you should complain to your own politician first how your country don't do what is agreed on.

I am, but our government promised to raise our funding, besides we are behinde Germany by 0.1 percentage

• Like 1

I am, but our government promised to raise our funding, besides we are behinde Germany by 0.1 percentage

Also the Czech economy and GDP is much smaller than Germany's so I would expect Germany to contribute there share with much less objection 

John Milton 

Also the Czech economy and GDP is much smaller than Germany's so I would expect Germany to contribute there share with much less objection

we are talking about percentages against GDP. Germany gives much more in total for sure