I would like the current data on the ranger pet base damage range (scaling / endurance per level / DR scaling/ Accuracy scaling).

I'm pretty sure it can be read using UABE, I'm just a bit rusty with that ..

I know they have been buffed up, they feel buffed up in the game - not I just need to know exactly how much :)

WPNTVf7.jpg

I would like the current data on the ranger pet base damage range

Afaik base damage is still the same. Iirc I made a few tests in v3.01 and got the same values as you back in 2015:

wolf gets  13-19 base damage (pierce) .. 

rest of them  11-17 base damage (pierce) ..   (source game files and a few quick test to check ingame ).. Don't know about attack speeds ..Maybe all same as 2h weapon ?

Stats presented on gamepedia are also up-tp-date.

While for their attack/recovery durations you can check this table:

s8osOtj.png

I know they have been buffed up, they feel buffed up in the game - not I just need to know exactly how much :)

Scaling was changed to: +5 accuracy, +0.2 to damage coefficient and +2 DR bypass every 3 levels. (i.e. at levels: 4/7/10/13/16)

While their base DR bypass was set to 5.

What else...

I don't remember which talents exactly were buffed, but current values are:

Vicious Companion: +0.15 dmg coefficient and +3 DR bypass

Predatory Sense: +0.5 dmg coefficient

Marked Prey: +0.2 dmg coefficient

• Like 1

Marked Prey used to be a lash. I don't think it still is. Never used it though. ;)

it still is. It used to take a long time to cast and provide 40% lash, nowadays it casts reasonably fast but only 20% lash. Works for both ranger and pet. 

Should add tons of pet damage on a pet focused build. It is the one multiplicative damage skill for pet damage after chanter's burn lash aura.

@maxquest 

level 4 wolf 10 might ,  33.4 damage crit. 

19 * (1+ 0.2 + 0.5) = 32.3

Something is up :)

EDIT

13*1.2 - 19*1.2 base damage at level 4 fits the damage inflicted in game so far.

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg

ok I figured it out. 

Takedown ability helps since it shows damage range. (with 10 might and no bonus from abilities it will show "rounded" base damage range)

Wolf stats with 13-19 base damage. Pierce/slash damage type.

at level 4,7,10,13 & 16 the base damage gets successively multiplied by 1.2. At those levels they get 2 extra DR (3 with resilient companion perk), and +5 Accuracy that SADLY DOESN'T APPLY to special ability hit-checks (takedown vs fortitude).  

Wolf base damage table. 

13-19 lvl 1,2,3

13*1.2 - 19*1.2 lvl 4,5,6

13*1.2*1.2 - 19*1.2*1.2 lvl 7,8,9

13*1.2*1.2*1.2 - 19*1.2*1.2*1.2 lvl 10,11,12

13*1.2*1.2*1.2*1.2 - 19*1.2*1.2*1.2*1.2 lvl 13,14,15

13*1.2*1.2*1.2*1.2*1.2-19*1.2*1.2*1.2*1.2*1.2 lvl 16   32.348 - 47.278

Abilities damage mods will work of this ever increasing damage range. And at the end multiply with lashes such as Marked Prey and Chanter burn aura.

Wolf the king of damage output since his extra +2 to the initial damage range gets repeatedly multiplied and also has one of the fastest attack speeds.

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg

Dammit - I never realized that Marked Prey did this. After all this time... :)

It doesn't shine at low levels when the damage numbers are low. Most  people try it and forget it.  It starts to shine  later when the damage numbers go up (like all lashes of course)  ..

WPNTVf7.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Without mods/new features - one way would be to record the play-trough on video with the detailed combat log in view . Then re-play the video and write the companion damage numbers on a excel table. When you're done (a couple of years later ) just do a sum function on the damage column :) .

WPNTVf7.jpg

Uhuh.

On average, how much damage do you think animal companions do per game on PoTD with most perks for damage and sometimes making use of positioning and DOTs?

Answering this question with some degree of accuracy/precision (and others related like Is it worth investing in companion damage perks OR is it better to focus on the ranger instead since you can get the ranger to attack with no recovery but the companions will always attack slowly )  prompted me to try and build a melee/ranged dps comparator app for POE (including animal companion DPS // Shapeshifter DPS//Summoned weapons// etc) . Sadly I kind of lost interest at the moment since it was going  very slow due to my lack of programming knowledge/practice .. Might still happen at some point even with a reduction of the features I was originally envisioning for it..

I can run some numbers "by hand" for particular situations (level/build/gear/etc..) but the results would be without much meaning lacking a means to quickly compare with other setups/classes ..   

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg

It's really hard to say. It also depends on the type of pet (wolf and stag do more damage than the others, bear and lion are esp. slow and so on), how you play and if you want to focus on micromanagement for the pet, if you can keep it alive with tactics (no health + persistent healing is really good here), if you have persistent wounding or other dot effects and afflictions at hand and so on.

Only thing to say is that they hit hard but a bit slow.

Concerning speed: The martyr enchantment on late game items helps a lot here. You can pit it on a barb with Vengeful Defeat and second chance or the priest's reviving Guardian. The hastening will still work even if the barb gets revived.

Paladin's hastening exhortation may also help.

When I played the Riptide ranger (see the build list) it felt like they did equal damage because I was so amazed by the numbers the pet scored with permanent predator's sense. But that's just a feeling, no hard data and all. If you think about all the enchantments and equipment the ranger will have at the and of the game I would say he will do more than his companion.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I otoh wouldn't count on pet beating master in damage just because of how stupid the thing is. It does anything but what you want it to, often eats first volley and likes to kill Aloth while running around confused or charmed. In a smaller party or solo, you could work around this, but in a big party I found playing melee ranger one of the most frustrating characters ever. No matter how many mobility options you add on ranger (I had boots of speed & Escape and stuff) the pet can't get any faster and the only ability that adds mobility to him is per-rest.

I'd give a lot for a simple +3 speed for pet & +defence against engagement perk.

Still it's kinda fun when you run through log in last combat to check who killed that dragon an hey, Itumaak crits dragon for 70 dmg wtf.

The martyr enchantment on late game items helps a lot here. You can pit it on a barb with Vengeful Defeat and second chance or the priest's reviving Guardian. The hastening will still work even if the barb gets revived.

Huh, the spell description makes it sound like this isn't the case: "The beacon disappears if the ally is revived."

Is this wrong? If so the ability suddenly became a lot more appealing.

• Like 1

Stuff like that is why I asked for and play with scripts off (full manual control) .  With full manual control (micromanagement) you get to decide exactly who bites whom where and how many times.

Me too, although I am also a pause fiend which is a style of play I know some people can't stand.

• Like 1

The martyr enchantment on late game items helps a lot here. You can pit it on a barb with Vengeful Defeat and second chance or the priest's reviving Guardian. The hastening will still work even if the barb gets revived.

Huh, the spell description makes it sound like this isn't the case: "The beacon disappears if the ally is revived."

Is this wrong? If so the ability suddenly became a lot more appealing.

You're talking about paladins' "Behold the Martyr". I meant the enchantment. There's one WMII amulet that has it (forgot the name). I mentioned it in my "Immortal Martyr" build. It triggers a big AoE haste spell that affects all in range and then lasts for a fixed time. It's not a pulsing effect linke Behold the Martyr.

The first thing I do when starting a new playthrough is deactivating the party AI.

I can't stand the sight of my party members running around each other trying to reach a certain position as if they were doing a casting for the Benny Hill Show. Especially if you have gun wielders AI will totally destroy your tactics. And if you have quick switch AI is totally screwed, too.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I use Pause after ability aka Turn-based Sawyers of Eternity mode in boss fights like dragons, but it's improbable people would use it all the time through game cause of trash mobs. Playing last patch, after decking Pallegina with Self Immolation & fire perks and speccing Eder for damage, most fights turned into waltzing in with feathered murder-goddess of flaming death and then Eder teleporting in and out with Charge. Add something like a Ninagauth's shadowflame soulfist soulfist! aka No Paralyze Scrolls Required and my slow pet and ranger turned out to be just unnecessary in most fights in such meta.

I think tank-ranger with shield with tank-pet might be more interesting character to play.