Westworld

ktchong

'Someday' - gotta look out for that phrase from now on. I'm liking the foreshadowing done in the series so far.

Also wanna bet Ford is a bot himself? One of the first ones Arnold build or something, who toppled the master and proclaimed himself King

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

This might sound weird, but for me, the ease of murder for Anthony Hopkins character made him less scary for me. 

This is much more dreadful, the mystery. What he would do? He could do anything. From there to plain old murder is kinda meh.

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

'Someday' - gotta look out for that phrase from now on. I'm liking the foreshadowing done in the series so far.

Also wanna bet Ford is a bot himself? One of the first ones Arnold build or something, who toppled the master and proclaimed himself King

Geez, I wonder if you right....that could be true. It would be a  huge upset and very applicable 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Geez, I wonder if you right....that could be true. It would be a  huge upset and very applicable

Real spoiler is that

Bernard is replica of Arnold

• Like 1

Real spoiler is that

That could be another surprise, there are so many exciting  possible outcomes it almost boggles the mind   :dancing:

But if I had to guess and based on Ford's general comments I am leaning towards Ros theory 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Real spoiler is that

No, Ford either is Arnold or they were twins. Arnold might even still be alive, how would one tell them apart? There are no pictures of Arnold because he looks like Robert. Either in the Tyler Durden or in the Alfred Borden way. ;)

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Real spoiler is that

No, Ford either is Arnold or they were twins. Arnold might even still be alive, how would one tell them apart? There are no pictures of Arnold because he looks like Robert. Either in the Tyler Durden or in the Alfred Borden way. ;)

mmmm.....its possible I suppoe 

But it seems unlikely, I do agree that there is an obvious attempt to not show any pictures of Arnold  which means we will get shocked either way  :)

John Milton 

Real spoiler is that

It seems that I actually gave real spoiler after all as they didn't change what happened in original source materials

• Like 1

How does that even make sense. Is there nobody who ever saw a picture of Arnold?

:lol:

I suppose its possible, how long has the institution been in operation? Maybe 15-20 years so maybe Arnold was only alive in the beginning?

But it is odd because they would  have digital pictures of him for security?

John Milton 

It could've used better exposition sure, but they tried to make it clear that Arnold offed himself at least 30 years prior to the current time and that only a handful of engineers ever really got to know him.

Bernard was brought online no eariler than 10-15 years ago, when all of the people who knew how Arnold had looked like had moved on

Which also means that some of the conversations Dolores had with, what we assumed was Bernard, may have been either Arnold or her memory of Arnold..

AND seems like the 2 timelines got a lot more credible - as all the Hosts William slaughtered were clearly mechnical and not flesh

Plus the picture of Williams fiancee was the one Dolores' dad found, now withered..

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I dunno. The company I am working in exists since the early 1900s and we got a photo of the man who founded it. I guess the tv show is set a tad in the future even and pictures of everything are everywhere. Makes it just very hard for me to believe nobody knows how Arnold looks like or that nobody cares to find out.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I dunno. The company I am working in exists since the early 1900s and we got a photo of the man who founded it. I guess the tv show is set a tad in the future even and pictures of everything are everywhere. Makes it just very hard for me to believe nobody knows how Arnold looks like or that nobody cares to find out.

In episode 5 we saw Logan explaining to William how the park is founded by two people from which one killed himself just before park opened to public and how their company's lawyers haven't been able to find any information about him, not even his name. Considering that part of the story happened 15-20 years before Ford build Bernard and in current day Bernard is one of the oldest employees of the park, so they at least try to go with idea that Ford is actually only one addition to some of the hosts that even known Arnold's name. Although Elise seemed to be aware of who Arnold is before she was killed or something by Bernard, but I don't remember if Bernard told her about Arnold in some point.

So now that the idea that Arnold was Ford's brother or imaginary friend are out of the window - as much as the theory that Ford is a host himself  it would seem, one question remains:

Is William actually the young Man in Black?

So now that the idea that Arnold was Ford's brother or imaginary friend are out of the window - as much as the theory that Ford is a host himself  it would seem, one question remains:

That seems like a pretty good theory to me.  

Which means there is no way Logan survives the season.  :p

That seems like a pretty good theory to me.  

Which means there is no way Logan survives the season.   :p

Indeed, I'm also pretty sure that one of the two won't make it through the season and

from a storytelling point of view it makes much more sense for Billy to become the Man in Black than it does for Logan. Therefore Logan will bite the dust, finalizing Billy's ongoing transformation.

The only issue I see is some of the early season stuff doesn't match up.  Logan and Billy are clearly taking part in the more recent narrative stuff at the start, it seems a stretch to say they had the same stuff 30 years ago.

Right now I am more interested in how the heck he managed to slaughter that whole camp in one night without anyone seem to notice.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Right now I am more interested in how the heck he managed to slaughter that whole camp in one night without anyone seem to notice.

I think he was noticed, but because only non-host there addition to William was Logan who drank himself under the table, there was no one that could actually prevent William to slaughtering the camp (as host aren't capable to really fight back if quests just want to kill them) and of course park's monitors don't care if quests slaughter hosts.

The only issue I see is some of the early season stuff doesn't match up.  Logan and Billy are clearly taking part in the more recent narrative stuff at the start, it seems a stretch to say they had the same stuff 30 years ago.

Logan's and Billy's narrative is based on Dolores' memories and we have seen her mixing up happenings in her head and seeing Billy in places and times where he wasn't actually.

But I am quite sure that Men in Black is Billy. Because we they both carry same knife, they both work for same company, it is established that things with Billy happened in past when host were still mechanical, company didn't yet have control over the park, Billy is destined to marry same woman that was said to be Men in Black's dead wife. And so on.

The only issue I see is some of the early season stuff doesn't match up. Logan and Billy are clearly taking part in the more recent narrative stuff at the start, it seems a stretch to say they had the same stuff 30 years ago.

Logan's and Billy's narrative is based on Dolores' memories and we have seen her mixing up happenings in her head and seeing Billy in places and times where he wasn't actually.

But I am quite sure that Men in Black is Billy. Because we they both carry same knife, they both work for same company, it is established that things with Billy happened in past when host were still mechanical, company didn't yet have control over the park, Billy is destined to marry same woman that was said to be Men in Black's dead wife. And so on.

I'm confused? How can Ed Harris be Billy?

They are both different people from RL and are participating in different narratives that may align...what am I missing?

John Milton 

Billy's narrative was set around 30 years in the past - hints were that all robots wrre mechanical instead of flesh - that their hostess was repurposed and Ed Harris recognized her saying "I thought they retired you". She was the one trying to hang him.

What a show, that final twist caught me by surprise :)

Also I got a little annoyed with myself for never seeing the Adam and Eve in Paradise metaphor.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.