Game's getting hevier...

MauGibrin

Question

Hello there!

When I started playing Pathfinder Adventures, I usually played parties of 4 characters. I admit I have a sub-minimal system (iPad Mini), so the game crashed a lot with parties of 5 or 6 - but with 4 it crashed only every now and then.

As patches and additional content were released, parties of 4 became too much for my system to handle. I started playing with 3 characters instead of 4. But now it is crashing way too much, even with groups of 3.

Yesterday, it took me 3 hours to complete the daily challenge with a party of 3. The game crashed at a rate of once per dice roll (no kidding). It helps if I play parties of 2, but I think in the very near future I will be limited to soloing...

Maybe the devs could show some sympathy for their below-min-spec audience and create a really stripped-down effects version for us. Something like 8-bit music/backgrounds could help, I guess...  :geek:

(or, in my case, they could finally release the Steam version - for in my country, an iPad Mini 4 costs around US$ 1,000...)

Cheers!

Mauricio

8 answers to this question

The game engine seems to love system memory so there is a limit how much can happen Until you run out of it. So using a emulator at this moments is an option if you have tablet that don't have uumph to drive this.

But idea of completely text based variant is not bad. But I don't know how economical it would be to make completely different variant of this game. How many would buy it compared to efford to make new ui.

Works fine on AmiDUOS on a PC.

Well that's not very helpful is it? That's effectively saying "on my system that I can throw as much memory and disk space at it, with huge numbers of power processors and even separate GPU processing, it runs fine. Well, duh! no surprise there then :biggrin: But I guess it says that the game isn't inherently "crashy" (as opposed to "buggy", which it most definitely is)

As a matter of interest, I gave up on AMIDuos after patch 1.1.3.8 (I think) because once OBS had "improved" the UI (and added all those z-order issues), all my custom dice stopped displaying properly on my system. Try as I might with every BIOS and GPU setting combo, I never could restore the beauty of those dice. So now I play on the execrable BlueStacks, which at least displays properly even if I have (near) zero control over the virtual machine configuration. I have a Lenovo W520 with 16GB RAM and Integrated Intel graphics + Nvidia Quadro 2000 GPU, what's your setup for AMIDuos? (This maybe should be a separate thread...)

Works fine on AmiDUOS on a PC.

Well that's not very helpful is it?

It is perfectly helpful!  It is, in fact, the most helpful answer there could ever be.

OP said, specifically, "I wish they would hurry up and release the Steam version, because I am prepared to play on a PC".

Elcoderdude replied, "You don't have to wait for the Steam version; here is an emulator that lets you play the current version."

Only thing is: all progress I have made so far is in my iOS iPad. Can I transfer everything to an Android-based emulator?

Not yet.  No.  Multi-platform is "coming soon," but there's currently no way to log into your Pathfinder "cloud" from both iOS and Android right now.

I haven't tried multiple devices, but I believe your save is stored in the cloud, as long as you are logged in (through Game Center on iOS).

Multiple devices works reasonably well... as long as you stay iOS or Android.  There's currently no way to switch between the two, as your PFID is tied to either your iOS Game Center login or your Google Play store account.

• Like 2