Can't rebuild deck

Knucklesamwich

Question

I played the second quest where you face Pillbug Podiker. I defeated him and the quest ended. I am at the deck rebuilding step just before you move on the the next quest and I can't rebuild. At the end of the Pillbug encounter I had to banish a card and I chose to banish an armor. Now I am at the rebuild screen and I am short one armor but there are no armors to select to add to my deck. I am stuck with 1 of 2 armors and can't move on. I am guessing this is a bug since in previous missions I had cards to select from. Anyone have any clue how to proceed?

9 answers to this question

How many ! exclamation you have still active over your party? If you have more characters with ! on the same type of cards perhaps you can move a card from one in surplus to one in shortage.

If you have only one char with !, and only one type of cards in shortage and you can't press the arrow on the right side... we have a great problem (bug)..

In this last case, try to remove the party from Main menu/Story (there is an X to remove it). You won't lose chars don't worry. Then rebuilt the same party with previous chars and start again that scenario.

This "card short" UI is somewhat clunky and non-intuitive to me. IIRC, I had a similar problem in that a character was short a card and the party loot didn't contain a replacement, so the game wanted me to pick a Basic card for my Deck to make up numbers. I *think* how I did it was to select the character with missing cards, select the type of card, then hit the arrow. At that point I was offered Basic cards to choose from.

This "card short" UI is somewhat clunky and non-intuitive to me. IIRC, I had a similar problem in that a character was short a card and the party loot didn't contain a replacement, so the game wanted me to pick a Basic card for my Deck to make up numbers. I *think* how I did it was to select the character with missing cards, select the type of card, then hit the arrow. At that point I was offered Basic cards to choose from.

It isnt obvious, but what you need to look for are two things:

- the exclamation point over a char, that means its deck is not well constructed, either because it has too many or too few of each type of cards; first its recommended you remove all extra cards a char does not want, so they can be available to other chars, and only then do a second pass-through to substitute cards and complete the deck with missing cards.

- if a number is in red below it means there are not enough cards of a type BETWEEN ALL the party chars; after you fix the decks of the other chars, only then (and again this only happens if theres not enough cards of a type between all the chars, otherwise you need to fill the deck with the available cards from the party pool) will you get the missing, basic cards from the vault.

Edited by PRuano