Should the Dark Side be more 'seductive'?

I mean, your ideas and all are interesting . . . if you're of the Jedi inclination. What about those of us who aren't?

I'd play darkside if it weren't so dull, at least as presented in KotOR.

You come off as a small time gangster. <_<

I want to destroy any who oppose me.

I WANT to corrupt my minions.

I want to experiment on my minions (go go Sith Alchemy)

I want to control a planet or a faction

I want more than KotOR the first had to offer.

But . . . that's not fair. That's saying that all Sith are . . . (attempts to find "forum appropriate" substitute for p-word) . . . weaklings.

To be properly strong I have to be Jedi? I mean, I get your point, but . . . I dunno, I guess I'd feel like I'm withering away and a . . . weakling.

And er, what about people who aren't Sith for the cool sabres or flashy robes or the power? People who are all "oh yeah! im gonna be evil and sith!" well, I can see them getting lowered health. Heck, I'd love to help out :blink:

Guess you can't make a distinction between people who are just sith, and people who wanna play sith cause they want to be "evil" . . .

And I don't think it's fair that the Dark Side is "easier". That makes it unfair and says that we need like, handicaps. It's okay Jimmy, you get extra points because you're SPECIAL! You get a gold star Darth __(fill in name here)__!

(P.S.: I also make up words. It's fantasmagoric!)

(P.P.S.: Darque is right. I keep reiterating it, but it keeps coming up, so. . . I want to act like a real Sith! Not some bully damnit!)

[quote name='Bless

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Hey, I love it when you go all Dark Side-esque. I eagerly watch the character's face as I continue down the Dark Path. Bah, maybe I didn't notice that my health was lower than it should have been. I only played "light" once, had to choke my way through it (brussel sprouts anyone?) and wasn't paying much attention.

So who knows. I may not even notice :blink:

The dark side is more powerful then the light side. Also....everyone must admit it just looks a lot cooler to wear all black...walk around choking people with the force... and fry people with force lightening. :ph34r:

I never liked that 'use the darkside get TB' thing. This is diverging from D20 but I think force powers should be organized into tiers and you should have access to most force powers at the first tier, both light and dark. This way you have the temptation all the time and from the start. How you use the powers would determin their strength along with a limited bost when moving up the teir(signifying you closer connestion to the force and to help insure you dont end up with a useless character at the final boss fight). Using dark powers gives you a darkpoint(s) as you gain more darkpoints you lose access to certain dialouge choices and light powers become harder and begin to carry negative side effects, but once you get a certain number of dark points you can apply them to a dark force skill.

Things like force lightning would be way more powerfull than it was in KOTOR but would be restricted to counslor or another non-fighter class, plus you'd only learn it from a high level 'quest'.

Light powers should be better at defense than dark powers and at higher levels would greatly limit the advantages of the dark side. One advantage could be that since you aren't so focused on gaining raw power you would then be free to aquire a wider range of skills and powers.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

B-R-O-K-E-N

It only works assuming people will all play guardians, consulars not only do not get penalized by it at all but also get XP bonus and since dark side powers tend to be offensive powers.

think Darth Sidious (xcuse the spelling)

Darque&Ivan : you could also start restricting the players conversation choices ...the further they slip into the dark side the fewer choices they actually get,until they are a wholesome minion of darkness..totally devotet to evil.

This i feal would give a good impression on what a dark jedi

Darque&Ivan : you could also start restricting the players conversation choices ...the further they slip into the dark side the fewer choices they actually get,until they are a wholesome minion of darkness..totally devotet to evil.

This i feal would give a good impression on what a dark jedi

Actually the only charecter we have ever seen turn away from the darkside in the movies was vader,and that only with the help/aide/intervention of his son.

I truly dislike the change sides feast that is KOTOR,on the last count there where handfull people changing sides,most of them after a single conversation with the player(player being lightside in this game),so is the darkside really so seductive and is there really a chance of it to "forever dominate your destiny",or is it just a mood thing..."player wakes up and feals grumpy" *oh i

Gods, you guys are really into this whole "Jedi's are good and that's final" thing. I guess I'll just make my exit before you all decide to grab me and dissect me to see what makes me Sith.

I don't WANT to "turn back". Heck, I have nothing to "turn back" to. *Starts creeping out of the area* :ph34r:

[quote name='Bless

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Was Vader really "evil" through and through, or did his downfall from the dark side start when he first learned that Luke was his son ? In which case it wasn't a sudden choice, but a result of a prolongued internal emotional conflict. Could be interesting to have a "Profiler" describe Darth Vader

I would say that vader was evil up until the point that he saw his son in horrible agony ,that i belive was the turning point to him(though there is a lot of different ways veiw it)

Of course the movies have to support a side. Doesn't mean you have to blindly accept it. I seriously don't like the Jedi and I don't like the rebellion/republic. We're told the "darkside=bad" in the movies, but I don't believe it.

Hell, I don't wanna get all philosophical and end up in a massive debate. Lets just say I enjoy being Sith and wouldn't change it for the world.

And if other, weaker "sith lords" have to switch to the light side because they have no effing backbone, that's their perogative. *Grins brilliantly*

*Continues to back out of the room* :ph34r:

This has got to be one of the best suggestions I've ever seen. Good work.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

This has got to be one of the best suggestions I've ever seen. Good work.

Danke. :(

I can't imagine it would be impossible to add to the game, either. Hopefully a Designer pops in, reads the idea, and it gets the wheels in his head a-turnin'.....

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Of course the movies have to support a side. Doesn't mean you have to blindly accept it. I seriously don't like the Jedi and I don't like the rebellion/republic. We're told the "darkside=bad" in the movies, but I don't believe it.

Hell, I don't wanna get all philosophical and end up in a massive debate. Lets just say I enjoy being Sith and wouldn't change it for the world.

And if other, weaker "sith lords" have to switch to the light side because they have no effing backbone, that's their perogative. *Grins brilliantly*

Sorry but this post makes no sense to me what so ever....if you don

*Sighs* Gods. Anyway, I was just about to say that I do rather like this idea. Just that you're picking on us poor defenceless Sith too much *sniffle sniffle*

Lol.

Anyhoo, there's always good guys and bad guys. Whichever you are is your perspective. And I don't really have much in the way of a conscience, so this is rather pointless. On top of that, I said I didn't want to get into the debate. So I won't.

Bloody hell, I thought we were all just bantering back and forth, having some fun . . . Best way to clarify a point and solidify it is to have someone play Devil's Advocate anyway.

Lack of strength, rotting away . . . Well, it's starting to grow on me. Like a fungus, but that's okay I suppose because I'm Sith anyway :(

No, no, it's cool. I can be rather ambiguous. It's taken my friends years to realise when I'm being sarcastic and when I'm joking. Anyhoo, it's an interesting idea, and . . . well, if the DS game IS in fact easier, this could even it out, actually. *Nods slowly.* Perhaps someone will stumble on this little idea and impliment it . . .

I like the idea of a better DS, like in the d6 PnP RPG system : after some dark action or misuse (is it english ? ), you earn dark side points and each DS point adds to you control of the force. Then, each time you gain an other point, you have a chance proportionnal to the amount of DS points you have to turn completly DS.

What I like with the idea is the risk to become lost but the temptation to get one or two points just to gain a bit of power.

So, imagine a scale from 0 to 5 (light 0 and DS 5) for your DS bias. This amount adds to your level to determine the efficiency of your force powers (all of them, not only DS powers). But each point substracts to actions such as diplomacy and people tend to react upon it.

You can say that in this case, there is no balance, but who said there was a balance between a Jedi and a Sith. You can add a decay in it, but it should appear normally after a long time (some years) so wouldn't impact on the character (only at the end, in the epilogue).

This way, I would be happy to roleplay a real DS user really more potent with tyhe force AND a jedi proud to be less powerful but pure...

Notice, while Yoda says " The Darkside is not stronger...easier, more seductive.", he does not say the Light side is stronger, either. They could very well be equal.

so, DS should be more seductive and about equal to LS. the main point is that darksiders should not be able to use LS powers easily (or at all). also, they should lose vitality points or constitution to show the corruption of the body.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.