Sharing info about chest drops

I figured I'd post my chest drops (and missing numbers) in order to help calculate rarity drops. I will also list my missing uncommon and rare drops.

Gold Border is Legendary
Silver border with more filigree is Epic

Silver Border is Rare

Bronze Border is Uncommon

74 total chests, 296 cards

~1% legendary

~10.5% Epic

~25% Rare

~63.5% Uncommon

Legendary

Have-3, Flask of Magic (ugh), 2xAmulet of Inescapable Location (ok-ish)                                   

Epic

Have-31 (6 of one)                    Missing-17

Rare

Have-74                                   Missing-12

Uncommon

Have-188                                   Missing-Lucerne Hammer, Disrupting Rapier +1, Icy Hooked Hammer +1, Trident +2, Wounding Spear-Axe +1, Steel Ibis Lamellar, Pole, Duelist, Evangelist, Reveler (***I have no deck 3 Uncommons!***), Flame Cannon, DemonBane Longsword +2, Sniper's Studded Leather, Net of Snaring, Fortified Breastplate, Metal Spikes, Humanbane Gladius +2, Keen Rapier +3 (total 18)

Most uncommons 14 foxes, followed by 13 noble brats, 12 Spiked Chain +1's

• Like 2

I'm a bit miffed by the distribution of Rare, and Uncommons. For having 188, missing a total of 18 of them seems a bit high. 6 of one epic and missing 17 of them is a bit off, but at the odds seems ok-ish. They seem to miss whole categories and then clump HEAVY in deck B/1 allies.

Especially as deck 3 opens not having a single deck 3 uncommon is a bit odd. 

Others can feel free to share their drops and I might modify the calculations, but I suspect 1%/10%/25%/64% is spot on.

The probability distribution seems fine but maybe that's just me . Consider that the way to earn in game currency in this game is, as a general statement, more accommodating than other games I'd had the pleasure or displeasure to experience, I don't actually feel the great need to increase the chance I'd get all the legendary , epic etc.

Maybe also got to do with the fact the contents of this game can be enjoyed in many ways other than pure card completion.

• Like 1

As an old ccg gamer the distribution seems to work as it works normally.

I have had Many ultra rares and missed some normal rares in games where I have bought box after box boosters. That is how randomnes works. It is random... There is no quarantee that if you buy millions of boxes and still miss some cards. That is why trading was important part of those ccg card games! You most propably have multible cards that other player did have and vice versa...

That is why trading was important part of those ccg card games! You most propably have multible cards that other player did have and vice versa...

Now, if only we could do that in this game...

OP: Im around 60 chests and I have the *exact* same missing Commons (with the exception of Lucern Hammer, of which I've had like 6) - to the point it makes me believe these cards don't drop at all, either having not been coded yet, or being excluded from the drop tables by a bug or omission.

And yeah, 1% Legendary drop chance sucks heavily. I still haven't got any , and while on *average* I should get at least 1 in 100 chests - if the odds are against me, I may never even see one. Even if I was *guaranteed* 1 Legendary for every 100 chests - the amount of chests I'll have to open to complete the list is insane, and I'll probably have every single other card in the Gallery before I even get 5 Legendaries (from which point on, opening a chest really turns from exciting experience to a disappointing one).

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Yep.. I consider chest just an extra and don't care if I don't get something. The propability is just against me. Though it is nice to have something to spend gold when you allready own everything else, so I don't mind. Those chest cards Are really usefull in quest mode where advancement in other way is somewhat slover!

And without ultra rares, you run out cards before the game ends.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

That is why trading was important part of those ccg card games! You most propably have multible cards that other player did have and vice versa...

Ew!  NO!  That will lead to farming and idiots paying real money for Legendary cards on eBay.  I'm really ok with that being impossible.

I hope that when Multiplayer hits, "exchanged" cards end up back with their original characters so this doesn't ever, ever happen.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

Ew!  NO!  That will lead to farming and idiots paying real money for Legendary cards on eBay. 

I don't really see a problem with people 'farming' as long as it's not me, and could care less how other people spend their money.

The way I see it, Chests are supposed to provide an incentive for replaying, but if I have to play a 100 games to *maybe* get a single Legendary, and I'm getting duplicate trash all the rest of the time - yeah, screw that. (I'm saying that as a person that paid for the Daily Gold subscription, and it was trilling while I was opening my first couple of dozens of Chests, but now I'm only getting duplicates and *maybe* a single new card every 5 chests or so; good look convincing me to renew that subscription)

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

OP: Im around 60 chests and I have the *exact* same missing Commons (with the exception of Lucern Hammer, of which I've had like 6) - to the point it makes me believe these cards don't drop at all, either having not been coded yet, or being excluded from the drop tables by a bug or omission.

Would be interesting to know one way or another. Can someone confirm that the below exist? Especially deck 3 uncommons. For me until they fix salvage it isn't worth it to me to buy more chests. No legendaries up to deck 2 and I have to turn treasure items off as I opened two obstacle chests and got 7 sticks out of 7 weapon drops :( 

Disrupting Rapier +1, Icy Hooked Hammer +1, Trident +2, Wounding Spear-Axe +1, Steel Ibis Lamellar, Pole, Duelist, Evangelist, Reveler (***I have no deck 3 Uncommons!***), Flame Cannon, DemonBane Longsword +2, Sniper's Studded Leather, Net of Snaring, Fortified Breastplate, Metal Spikes, Humanbane Gladius +2, Keen Rapier +3

• Like 1

Other issues with the concept of Legendary Loot in this game, conceptually, beyond it's rarity, is that "Legendary" stuff in this game is not really that great, so the need to grind them that much, in addition to actually finding them, is really really really low.   The rare cards are not really interesting at all (that I have seen anyway).

Looking at other games that have Legendary stuff, like Hearthstone or MTG or even something like Clash Royale... the Legendaries you can go after either usually share really unique game-breaking effects and/or just are really cool and powerful. 

This is not the app/obsidian's fault by any means... especially seeing that I can't even start to conceive of what "awesome" cards would look like...  especially considering that you would think they would exist in Adventure Path 6... but... at the same time... Should Exist around Adventure Path 3-4-5 to actually get used.    

Wrath of the Righteous kind of does "Legendary Cards" well by having a corrupted mechanic on certain really powerful cards, that you can eventually wash away through the storyline, which also acts kind of like a sub-goal/achievement type of thing.  Would love to see more metagame-y cards such as: 

• Cards that evoke the special powers of other characters through display effects somehow.  
  • Cards that have metagame statistics (A sword that tracks how many monsters you've killed with it and gets stronger over many games)
  • Cards that played in combination summon big powerful beings, or villains to fight on your side
  • Cards that permanently boost a stat on a character (this actually exists in Wrath of the Righteous)
  • Like 1

Well, I don't know what the legendary cards do except the two I have. I wouldn't say they are worth chasing. The Flask of Magic (at deck 4) does exactly what the Flask of Force (at deck 3) does except with the Magic trait instead of Force. The Amulet does what my B deck Scrying does for me (find the Henchman/Villian) except two deeper, and is an item rather than a spell. It's actually worse than Scry because if I fail to find the henchman I put other banes at the end of the deck.

However that is fine with me. I already have overpowered decks since I optimized cards with the farming for gold (my Harsk has three Deathbane Crossbows, when Mersi picked one up she gave it to him). I'm not sure I want cards that break the difficulty. At best I'd like cards that break the mold (such as a weapon that Ezren could use with Intelligence or Lem with Charisma even if they had to recharge/discard to use that skill) . Boons that let you use a character in a non-standard role.

Not a complaint at all (I think Obsidian is doing a great job so far), I'm just the type of guy who wants to know up front what I am chasing.

Edited by Kamikazi

So, 63 Chests, 252 cards.  170 (Un)commons (max dupe: 10 Dilettantes), 58 Rares (max dupe:  9 Pure Holy Waters), 23 Epics (max dupe: 4 Flasks of Firestorm), and 1 Legendary (No dupes!).

I'm missing 18 (of 60) Uncommons (including all the AD3 stuff), 11 (of 37) Rares, 14 (of 29) Epics, and 9 (of 10) Legendaries.

Obviously, I've got 3 of the 23 unlockables, and I know how to unlock (probably) 4 more.  (Though the Black Arrow Longbow isn't listed yet, so perhaps those four aren't yet on the list.)  Anyone got any hints on the others?  I'm especially eager for the Blessings.

• Like 1

Yep. I Also hope that legendary cards Are not too good! It would break the game balance really badly. If They Are just variants of other cards it is just fine. Like having foil card instead of normal. Not usefull, but something that is somewhat different graphically.

The power creep is the last thing we would need to this game, because we play against the system! I am a Little bit worried even about these treasure cards that we have seen allready, but ofcourse we can chose not to use them.

In the coming online game there Also should be an option to make games where treasure chest cards would be banned. I am not so keen on playing with a croup with X cards that you normally only could have one and some extra treasure cards that would make the deck owerpowered. That would not be fun any more.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

I figured I'd post my chest drops (and missing numbers) in order to help calculate rarity drops. I will also list my missing uncommon and rare drops.

Gold Border is Legendary

Silver border with more filigree is Epic

Silver Border is Rare

Bronze Border is Uncommon

74 total chests, 296 cards

~1% legendary

~10.5% Epic

~25% Rare

~63.5% Uncommon

Legendary

Have-3, Flask of Magic (ugh), 2xAmulet of Inescapable Location (ok-ish)

Epic

Have-31 (6 of one) Missing-17

Rare

Have-74 Missing-12

Uncommon

Have-188 Missing-Lucerne Hammer, Disrupting Rapier +1, Icy Hooked Hammer +1, Trident +2, Wounding Spear-Axe +1, Steel Ibis Lamellar, Pole, Duelist, Evangelist, Reveler (***I have no deck 3 Uncommons!***), Flame Cannon, DemonBane Longsword +2, Sniper's Studded Leather, Net of Snaring, Fortified Breastplate, Metal Spikes, Humanbane Gladius +2, Keen Rapier +3 (total 18)

Most uncommons 14 foxes, followed by 13 noble brats, 12 Spiked Chain +1's

I don't have the boxed game and I cannot find anything in the rules or tutorial that tells me when a card is common, uncommon, rare, epic, or legendary. Help.

Never mind! I am an idiot!

Edited by Sweet_Sadie

The rarity is only in the treasure chest cards, not in normal game box cards, so don't worry.

The border colour is the only thing that separates those different rarity cards apart and the propability to encounter them From the chests.

And those colours has been mentioned in the post that you quoted.

See Also this

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86611-card-rarity/

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 1

The rarity is only in the treasure chest cards, not in normal game box cards, so don't worry.

The border colour is the only thing that separates those different rarity cards apart and the propability to encounter them From the chests.

And those colours has been mentioned in the post that you quoted.

Thanks, I finally read the entire post. See my edited version! LOL

• Like 1

Altough there is certain kind of rarity in the physic game box too. There are some more copies of some cards than from others... So getting a Ilsoari is harder than getting a Blessing...

No rule states that you can't mix content from 2 games (RotR + SaS for example).

Also, rarity is not equal to game utility value always... but normally I expect that "harder to achieve" means "better". For example, Orik's Shield is worse than Shield of Fire Resistance.

No rule states that you can't mix content from 2 games (RotR + SaS for example).

Only the same way as no rule states directly that you can't mix in Monopoly components. ;)

Actually the rules of differents sets define what you can add into the game and when.

- You start with the base set and Character-add on (if you have it)

- You add AP-s when you beat the earlier one B -> 1 -> 2

- You normaly add promo cards together with AP1

- Additional components like specific promo cards (anything with owner mechanism, or Class X ships in S&S etc) and Class Decks have their own rules

- Characters can be played in any AP, regardless their original set

Of course, for home games you may do anything you want, and mix sets. Possibly that will happen in quest mode in the future.

• Like 1

Would be interesting to know one way or another. Can someone confirm that the below exist? Especially deck 3 uncommons. For me until they fix salvage it isn't worth it to me to buy more chests. No legendaries up to deck 2 and I have to turn treasure items off as I opened two obstacle chests and got 7 sticks out of 7 weapon drops :( 

Disrupting Rapier +1, Icy Hooked Hammer +1, Trident +2, Wounding Spear-Axe +1, Steel Ibis Lamellar, Pole, Duelist, Evangelist, Reveler (***I have no deck 3 Uncommons!***), Flame Cannon, DemonBane Longsword +2, Sniper's Studded Leather, Net of Snaring, Fortified Breastplate, Metal Spikes, Humanbane Gladius +2, Keen Rapier +3

http://i63.tinypic.com/2lln2ns.png

Now they drop.

• 3 weeks later...

So, 63 Chests, 252 cards.  170 (Un)commons (max dupe: 10 Dilettantes), 58 Rares (max dupe:  9 Pure Holy Waters), 23 Epics (max dupe: 4 Flasks of Firestorm), and 1 Legendary (No dupes!).

I'm missing 18 (of 60) Uncommons (including all the AD3 stuff), 11 (of 37) Rares, 14 (of 29) Epics, and 9 (of 10) Legendaries.

Thanks to the patch and the Humble Bundle offering 40 chests for pay-what-you-want (min $1), all my numbers are now different.  I hadn't bought any chests since my above report...

So, 103 chests, 412 cards.  276 (Un)commons (max dupe: 14 Dilettants), 87 Rares (max dupe: 11 Pure Holy Waters), 45 Epics (max dupe: 6 Flasks of Firestorm), and 4 Legendaries (max dupe: 3 Brooches of Shielding).

I'm missing 6 (of 67) Uncommons, 9 (of 42) Rares, 29 (of 55) Epics (my previous numbers were clearly skewed), and 30 (or 32) Legendaries.

So I gained three new Legendary cards, and they were all the same.

Not all cards have been released yet.

You should save the chests and open a few now until all the cards have been released.

Back to your chest findings, does this mean in our gallery the maximum amount of one card is 10? When we reach 10 copies, we won't be able to find anymore?