Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

No Orik's Shield reward

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Noasarc

Noasarc

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts

I just completed all the scenarios on legendary difficulty in "Burnt Offerings" adventure but did not receive the Orik's Shield reward.  I tried replaying one of the scenarios again on legendary to see if it would reward it to me but it did not.

Nexus 7 2012 tablet

Pass/Play and Permadeath both off.

Story Mode

Cainhu

Cainhu

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Steam:cain_hu
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

You only get it added to your Vault, not as a reward. So it may appear in later adventures as a random armor.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2313 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I have collected all 3 legendary level special cards and yes, all of them were in the wault and I met them in the game locations later.
Not kept them, though because normal loot was better. But it seems to be working ok, technically.

Noasarc

Noasarc

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts
I know the card only goes to your vault. I did not receive it as an unlock to my vault. I have samisen and skinsaw mask unlocked but orik's shield is still blanked out.

da_mayor

da_mayor

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer

Weird.  Did anyone die in the attempt?  (Grasping at straws here.)

Noasarc

Noasarc

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts
Nope, no deaths. it was actually a quick finish, 3 henchmen near the top so it was maybe 10-15 turns for the finish. I'm going to try playing all 5 on legendary again to see if maybe it shows the clear but didn't actually give credit.

Noasarc

Noasarc

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts

Here are a couple screenshots better showing what I was talking about:

http://imgur.com/a/Sn3VA

Update:  I played through the first 2 scenarios on Legendary, I was rewarded the Orik's Shield after completing Local Heroes again.

Edited by Noasarc, 05 May 2016 - 08:34 AM.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2313 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Hmm.. Strange... And now you can see it in your vault?

Noasarc

Noasarc

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts

Yep, it is now shown as unlocked in my vault.

da_mayor

da_mayor

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 537 posts

That is seriously weird.

It took me three tries to finish Approach to Thistletop on Heroic.  I am NOT looking forward to Legendary.

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2313 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
It is not that bad. I have done it three times now at legendary level. I Also started completely new croup and started directly From the legendary level. Every b level scenario was done with first try. No need to retry. I was somewhat astonished about that. I was sure that you have to run out of time at least, but no... The legendary level is too easy ;-)
Well Lets see what happen level 1. I Expect that at least twice I will run out of time, but who knows.

But back to the busines. You did get character rewards during the first try? For some reason it seems that your first run trough was not registered. You did get all gold and cards and so on? But no shield. I would normally Expect all or nothing situation. Well at least you have managed to collect very rare bug indeed. Maybe it will named after you!
:-)

Noasarc

Noasarc

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts

I did get all character rewards/gold from every scenario as normal for all difficulties.  I thought it was weird too that I got the Samisen and Skinsaw Mask but not the shield the first time...but glad that replaying them worked, I'm a gotta catch 'em all player lol

• LAntorcha likes this

da_mayor

da_mayor

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 537 posts

Just got Orik's Shield last night.  Onwards!

Longshot11

Longshot11

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I just got the same bug. I'm so not looking towards replaying those Legendary scenarios, but I'll attempt OP's solution.

Still, it would be nice to get some feedback from a dev on this.

Longshot11

Longshot11

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I just got the same bug. I'm so not looking towards replaying those Legendary scenarios, but I'll attempt OP's solution.

Still, it would be nice to get some feedback from a dev on this.

So, I can confirm I got Orik's Shield. If this bug happens to you, here's what you can look for:

- go on the Adventure screen (where all the Adventure Decks are depicted as locations on a map

- select the Adventure for which your Legendary difficulty Treasure didn't unlock

- start browsing the Adventure's scenarios in the list on the left

- you will probably find that on one or more scenarios - despite the fact that they're check-marked as completed on Legendary difficulty- , when selected, their default difficulty icon (the one with the skull) will not be red (Legendary) but blue (Normal) or green (Heroic)

- it is most likely these scenarios that are bugging your unlock

- replay these scenarios on Legendary (despite their default difficulty being set to something else, the fact that they're check-marked on the list should mean Legendary difficulty is unlocked, so you won't have to replay the lower difficulties)

In another topic, a player complained about his Samisen not unlocking, so maybe it's a similar issue, and the steps above will probably fix any missing Legendary unlocks, not only Orik's Shield.

• Hannibal_PJV and LAntorcha like this

Narkon27

Narkon27

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 62 posts

Longshot11, thanks for the tip. It finally worked and now I have the shield.

It was the first scenario that required a replay in legendary and it gave me the shield, after I won,.

Longshot11

Longshot11

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Longshot11, thanks for the tip. It finally worked and now I have the shield.

It was the first scenario that required a replay in legendary and it gave me the shield, after I won,.

Happy to help :) In case someone else comes here, there's something more official in this thread:

https://forums.obsid...en-acquisition/

In short - use only one Party profile for Legendary until you get the unlocks. If you do Legendary across several parties - it will mess up your unlock.

Derpy Muffin

Derpy Muffin

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
Was this fixed with patch? None of them unlocked for me...

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2313 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Most propably not retroactive, so you have to do it again...

Derpy Muffin

Derpy Muffin

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 33 posts
Meaning I have to beat every scenario on legendary again? Ugh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users