EU send Ukraine GTFO

obyknven

"I know you joking but the EU is very important and relevant "

"

L0L The last time the EU was relevant is when they were mass murdeirng each other and then proceeded to drag the rest of the world into their mess. Before that, they thoguht it was fun to spread slavery all over the place. :p

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"

L0L The last time the EU was relevant is when they were mass murdeirng each other and then proceeded to drag the rest of the world into their mess. Before that, they thoguht it was fun to spread slavery all over the place. :p

Oversimplification, and myth.

Europe is very relevant in the world. Saying otherwise is foolish.

"Backstabbing" Ukraine is a huge overstatement considering the record low voting turn out on that referendum. What was it, 10 guys with an anti-EU obsession showed up and used it as an excuse to show how much they dislike the EU and not whether or not they care about Ukraine at all, and then the rest of the country didn't even care enough about Ukraine at all to even show up. I didn't give a ****, I didn't vote on it. Most people I know weren't even aware that there was a referendum at all, let alone what it was about. Ukraine can come in or piss off, it's all the same to me. The referendum was a joke of epic proportions, a publicity stunt from far-right parties and media and it shouldn't be taken as actually mattering at all in any way, shape or form.

This is pretty much in line with what some other Dutch I have spoken to had said on the matter. I would also add that it's a whole lot easier to rally people against a cause, hence how in the US the 2016 election is projected to have a "yuge" increase in voter turnout from 2012 if (and recently, it has become a big "if") Trump wins the GOP nomination.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Yesterday some nobody on television said that this would only be the first of many referendums, listing a whole number of subjects he would like to see one on. I bet those politicians are really kicking themselves thinking this sort of thing was a good idea.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Yesterday some nobody on television said that this would only be the first of many referendums, listing a whole number of subjects he would like to see one on. I bet those politicians are really kicking themselves thinking this sort of thing was a good idea.

Jaded can I ask you a question and please be serious when you respond :)

Do you not think the EU is significant and what do you think about the sustainability of the EU?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"

You joking hey Volo?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Do you not think the EU is significant and what do you think about the sustainability of the EU?

Okay, serious face on. I am actually very much in favour of European countries uniting in terms of working together economically and working together on defense issues (much more so than we are doing currently). I am in favour of open internal borders, and I wish people here could move from country to country as easily as United Statians can move from state to state, with the caveat that they have to work for local wages - not for way under minimum wage like Polish truck drivers do. In practice it is much more limited here though because this is only easy to do for jobs that do not require native language skills.

When it comes to the EU, I'd like to quote myself (yay, narcissism) from something I wrote somewhere else (no really, I'm actually just being lazy):

"I would first like to state that I voted in favour of the trade agreement, and that I am far from the sort of Eurosceptic that froths at the mouth at the mere mention of Brussels. The truth is that this referendum was never about Ukraine to start with, and as such it is completely inappropriate that the people in the Ukraine should have to suffer because of it.

However, I feel quite strongly that the blame for this sort of thing happening is that there is no other outlet for people to engage in dialogue with the people who make the decisions within the EU. Many people feel that the EU is like an unstoppable train that they have no influence over. And as much as the media would like to focus on the Dutch at this moment, this a feeling that is shared throughout much of Europe.

Frankly, it isn’t helped by the national governments who vote in agreement with every EU decision every single time, yet when they stand for national elections pretend that all the EU decisions were forced upon them, thus cleverly avoiding having to answer to the public. As such, there is a definite democratic deficit in the EU that has to be addressed somehow, or else things like this will keep happening and eventually enough people may be disgruntled enough to press their governments to leave the EU, as may happen soon in the U.K."

• Like 2

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Okay, serious face on. I am actually very much in favour of European countries uniting in terms of working together economically and working together on defense issues (much more so than we are doing currently). I am in favour of open internal borders, and I wish people here could move from country to country as easily as United Statians can move from state to state, with the caveat that they have to work for local wages - not for way under minimum wage like Polish truck drivers do. In practice it is much more limited here though because this is only easy to do for jobs that do not require native language skills.

When it comes to the EU, I'd like to quote myself (yay, narcissism) from something I wrote somewhere else (no really, I'm actually just being lazy):

"I would first like to state that I voted in favour of the trade agreement, and that I am far from the sort of Eurosceptic that froths at the mouth at the mere mention of Brussels. The truth is that this referendum was never about Ukraine to start with, and as such it is completely inappropriate that the people in the Ukraine should have to suffer because of it.

However, I feel quite strongly that the blame for this sort of thing happening is that there is no other outlet for people to engage in dialogue with the people who make the decisions within the EU. Many people feel that the EU is like an unstoppable train that they have no influence over. And as much as the media would like to focus on the Dutch at this moment, this a feeling that is shared throughout much of Europe.

Frankly, it isn’t helped by the national governments who vote in agreement with every EU decision every single time, yet when they stand for national elections pretend that all the EU decisions were forced upon them, thus cleverly avoiding having to answer to the public. As such, there is a definite democratic deficit in the EU that has to be addressed somehow, or else things like this will keep happening and eventually enough people may be disgruntled enough to press their governments to leave the EU, as may happen soon in the U.K."

Thanks for responding, so its fair to say you are more happy with the EU than unhappy?

John Milton 

Thanks for responding, so its fair to say you are more happy with the EU than unhappy?

More like, like the ideals, hate the institutions.

"You joking hey Volo?"

The truth hurts.

Sorry Volo but there is no middle ground here, if you dont support the sustainability of the EU in some form then you dont support the West

Nothing wrong with that...but then maybe you should find common ground with Zora or Oby? I know the ME is always looking for good friends :) 

John Milton 

If ever there was a cheerleader for dystopia, you are he.

In what way? Is Dystopia the right word to describe my views

I looked the word up as I wasnt sure of its exact meaning

• an imaginary place where everything is as bad as it can be
I dont think things are bad in the EU at all...I believe this is just a level of social transformation but the EU will persevere

"You joking hey Volo?"

The truth hurts.

Sorry Volo but there is no middle ground here, if you dont support the sustainability of the EU in some form then you dont support the West

Nothing wrong with that...but then maybe you should find common ground with Zora or Oby? I know the ME is always looking for good friends :)

To answer your question above would take many pages, and honestly, I do not think you'd understand it. You might think you did, but you would choose to ignore a great deal of what I said as it is my experience that you do such when faced with things that fly in the face of what you believe. You are too deep and comfortably uncomfortable in the box given to you.

However, to put a complex subject with a great many facets extremely simply, I will comment on what you said to Volo and say that not only is there no middle ground, supporting 'the sustainability of the EU', is in actuality ultimately supporting the destruction of much of 'the west' (Europe) insofar as it's culture, the higher standards of living, and the relative freedom it enjoys compared to the rest of the world. The exact opposite of what you think, and the exact opposite of how it is advertised to average Joe/Jane human. Very evil people are behind the E.U., and their goals are not as advertised, nor are do they have Joe/Jane European's best interests in mind.

Here are the directions to a water hole, where one can find something to chew as well: A fundamental piece of the puzzle is in what Mr. Magniloquent is saying in this thread. When what he says there is elementary to you (it's really not rocket science, as I stated in that thread), and you grasp the consequences of it, then you will be a number of crucial steps down the path to understanding why I say what I say above.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and sometimes that road looks quite pretty. Especially when the well dressed puppet pied pipers leading the day, sing a song about heaven along the way.

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 1

If ever there was a cheerleader for dystopia, you are he.

In what way? Is Dystopia the right word to describe my views

I looked the word up as I wasnt sure of its exact meaning

• an imaginary place where everything is as bad as it can be
I dont think things are bad in the EU at all...I believe this is just a level of social transformation but the EU will persevere

"You joking hey Volo?"

The truth hurts.

To answer your question above would take many pages, and honestly, I do not think you'd understand it. You might think you did, but you would choose to ignore a great deal of what I said as it is my experience that you do such when faced with things that fly in the face of what you believe. You are too deep and comfortably uncomfortable in the box.

However, to put a complex subject with a great many facets extremely simply, I will comment on what you said to Volo and say that not only is there no middle ground, supporting 'the sustainability of the EU', is in actuality ultimately supporting the destruction of much of 'the west' (Europe) insofar as it's culture, the higher standards of living, and the relative freedom it enjoys compared to the rest of the world. The exact opposite of what you think, and the exact opposite of how it is advertised to average Joe/Jane human. Very evil people are behind the E.U., and their goals are not as advertised, nor are do they have Joe/Jane European's best interests in mind.

My apologies for not giving greater explanation as to why I say the above. I will leave you the directions to a water hole though, where one can find something there to chew as well: A fundamental piece of the puzzle is in what Mr. Magniloquent is saying in this thread. When what he says there is elementary to you (it's really not rocket science, as I stated in that thread), and you grasp the consequences of it, then you will be a number of crucial steps down the path to understanding why I say what I say above.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and sometimes that road looks quite pretty. Especially when the well dressed puppet pied pipers leading the day, sing a song about heaven along the way.

Vals I am interested in this box theory of yours....I have absolutely no idea what you mean, cant you just summarize what that means?

Also I have a headache ...cant you just summarize the EU view, I'll read that whole thread later 

I hope I'm not interfering in your business but I feel I need to mention something. You are normally not a rude person but you were rude to Calax earlier....he isn't rude to anyone as far as I know ...so naturally he responded but it seemed unreasonable

You are interesting person to debate with and so is he? It seems unnecessary to get annoyed with each other

John Milton 

"Sorry Volo but there is no middle ground here, if you dont support the sustainability of the EU in some form then you dont support the West

Nothing wrong with that...but then maybe you should find common ground with Zora or Oby? I know the ME is always looking for good friends :)"

O RLY?  Your logic don't make sense.   I don't need the EU to support the West. The West - NA that is - don't need them. Everything negative about NA is 100% of the EU countries. It is one of the few things SJW Nazis like yourself and White Male Racist Sexist Punk Monster slike myself agree on albeit for different reasons.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Sorry Volo but there is no middle ground here, if you dont support the sustainability of the EU in some form then you dont support the West

Nothing wrong with that...but then maybe you should find common ground with Zora or Oby? I know the ME is always looking for good friends :)"

O RLY?  Your logic don't make sense.   I don't need the EU to support the West. The West - NA that is - don't need them. Everything negative about NA is 100% of the EU countries. It is one of the few things SJW Nazis like yourself and White Male Racist Sexist Punk Monster slike myself agree on albeit for different reasons.

Volo I cant have this debate now ....I have a  headache 

Can we finish this later?

John Milton