Who collects Comics ?

BruceVC

You mean when they terraformed Daxam to be a giant stone Darkseid head?  Yeah.

Yes...those writers were brilliant

Its weird ...I even remember some lines from that series 

"there are universes beyond universes and my Master is destined to rule them all  " ( similar to that )  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It was Paul Levitz's second stint on the title and he proved a master if juggling story lines. A real highlight in the series.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 4 weeks later...

Darwyn Cooke (THE NEW FRONTIER, PARKER, CATWOMAN) passed away on Saturday.  He was only 53.

He was a great talent, gone far too soon.  He really tried to do good stories without resorting to the tropes familiar to modern comics readers.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/14/darwyn-cooke-passed-away-this-morning/

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That sucks. The New Frontier was an excellent retro silver age 50's-60's storytelling.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I love everything Carl Barks, and I have sporadically collected old Donald Duck-comics, 1940-1965. His work is just superb, so I have some pretty expensive gems in mint condition. I usually go for very few, but high-quality ones. A few of them I haven't even peeked in, let alone read. Absurd, huh?

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I love everything Carl Barks, and I have sporadically collected old Donald Duck-comics, 1940-1965. His work is just superb, so I have some pretty expensive gems in mint condition. I usually go for very few, but high-quality ones. A few of them I haven't even peeked in, let alone read. Absurd, huh?

There are some super nice hardback and bound Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck editions by Carl Barks and Don Rosa from Fantagraphics. I have a few myself.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

One of these days I'd like to read the Carl Barks Duck books.  I may have read reprints at some point, but I hear such great things about them and yet haven't really sat and experienced them that I'm aware of.

Alot of the Duck Tales cartoons are taken directly from or heavily inspired by Barks' Uncle Scrooge stories.

I like the Donald Duck gags for the LMAOROFL factor alone.

• 3 months later...