In Need Of Forum Moderators?

Mr. Teatime

Don't forget the concussion grenades and those sparkling new Masers the CIA just acquired from their tech labs.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

circle of eight? yeah, we recall hearing of them... and we saw your posting at atari's toee boards too, which is where circle of eight got started. yeah, you has shown lots of evidence that you is the kinda guy that obsidian would want moderating.

HA!

"I'm quite certain that any number of them would vouch for my capability as an administrator. I do not appreciate your slanderous remarks."

slanderous? do you even know what slander is? not seem that way. want us to start linking rpg codex posts of yours? besides which, your reading comprehension being as sharp as ever, we said,

"he got references of modding from some other board

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I can't understand what you're saying. I believe I speak for everyone when I say please learn some English.

Exitium

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

I hardly think pointing out Exitium's posts are relevant to his would-be moderating abilities here. The supposed use of "excessive profanity", as you put it, or having a certain kind of conduct in other sites is quite irrelevant, because he has full sanction of behaviour in both Co8 and RPGCodex. He doesn't have to answer to that many people, if any at all, about what he does there. His conduct in places where his free to do what he wants in no way necessarily reflect his conduct in other places where he is not in charge. If he is to me a moderator here, there is no proof that he'd act the same way, specially because this is a different set of people with another set of different rules.

Extium, sorry, to say; but Grom's English is absolutely fine. If you can't understand it; it's YOUR grasp of English I'd be worried about.

P.S. That may sound like a flame; but it's really not. It's just that Grom's posts are the easiest posts to read for the most part. They are very understandable.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't ever recall "we is disapproving of you. HA!" as ever being a part of my standard English curriculum back in primary school. You must have a very flexible grasp of the term 'fine'.

The fact that he has a very weak grasp of capitalizations, nouns, plurals and grammar in general is a major source of my argument against his (in)capability to speak the English language in a manner both acceptable and proper.

Exitium

You've never met anyone who used we in English? I sure have. Even with the use of the word we; it is very easy to udnerstand what that sentence means. Really, if you can't understand that he means he dissaproves of your opinions then you really aren't no English major wananbe. Like I said, I nevr said it was proper English; I said it was *easy* to *understand*. Your comprehension needs some fine tuning, I beleive.

but Grom's English is absolutely fine.

No it isn't

Understandable, it is

Correct, it is not

Hence fine, it is not

Gromnir's choice to speak this kind of back-to-forth baby-speak may seem fine to people that're used to it, but I can easily understand other people being annoyed by it, especially since it serves no apparent purpose whatsoever.

inXile line producer

I don't happen to be a person who particularly likes or approves of the promotion of piss poor language skills that try to pass off as legitimate forms of communication.

Exitium

Ex: legitimate? Ha. Ok now. This is an Internet Geek message baord. It just isn't important. And, "piss poor" isn't really a good example of "legitimate" forms of communication either.

Kharn: Good point; but I still say it's fine 'cause it's on an Internet Geek Message Board so it's acceptable where it's been posted.

Nicloai: Yes, ye sit does. My typing is horrific. That isn't news.

"Gromnir; do yourself a favor and shut the f*** up?"

another future mod?

*shrug*

the longer certain folks continue to post in this thread, the less likely they will ever be mods... which is all good for Gromnir. is a win-win situation for us.

"especially since it serves no apparent purpose whatsoever."

sure it does.

*whistles cheerfully*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

If you want to launch into technicalisms, I'll be specific and to the point: "piss poor" is a legitimate expression, in both British and American cultures. "We is" is neither acceptable nor necessary.

It does not matter whether you regard this as an 'internet geek message board' or as a 'discussion forum' (as the rest of us do). The point is to communicate clearly and efficiently and evidently, speaking in some farsical form of adult baby-speak leaves the speaker to be found wanting of the necessary manners to communicate, as I said earlier, in a manner both clear and efficient, and most importantly: polite. Polite to every other reader present on the forum for none of us deserve to be submitted to such intellectual derision.

Exitium

Nicloai: Yes, ye sit does. My typing is horrific. That isn't news.

With that said, I hardly think you're in any position to judge Gromnir's speaking 'ability'.

Exitium

Polite? Neither one of us could be considered that Ex so for you to demand it of others is silly.

Accepted by who? Who makes this up? The majority isn't always right ya know. To me "We is.." is an acceptable writing style on an Internet Geek Message Board as it simply isn't important enough to go all official on.

No one her eis in position to juudge anyone's posting style except Obsidian as it's their boards. We both lose.

Polite? Neithe rone of us could be considered that ex so for you to demand it of others is silly.

Accepted by who? Who makes this up? The majority isn't always right ya know. To me "We is.." is an accpetable writing style on an Internet Geek Message Board as it simply isn't importnat enough to go all official on.

:) Hey, i'm polite....

...90% of the time

Accepted by the majority who patronize and frequent the boards, Volourn. That's who. Sometimes, I just don't understand why you insist on having others point the most obvious things out to you.

We are all capable, or at least decent English speakers so having someone who deviates from the norm by insisting to speak in his own 'brand' of language is found to be an atypically large source of aggrivation in any thread of discussion.

Exitium