Probable (albeit hilarious) bug

Barbedbeat

Question

So, in order to celebrate the upcoming release of The white March, pt II, I decided to start my third playthrough, and created my new Watcher,a lively Fire Godlike Chanter lady. As clearly stated by her background and behaviour, she had always been famous for being quite a peculiar character: a passionate thinker, restless and nonconforming.

But she finally revealed her true heavy metal side when, during a fight against some vicious wolves, she belted out a thundering, powerful, virile growl (very much reminiscent of Kana's battle grunts) instead of her usual melodious phrase-chanting voice. 

Needles to say, the poor beasts were literally frightened to death, allowing me to enthusiastically compliment my chanter on her unbelievable vocal range.

This happens quite rarely however, and always when my character is going solo on an enemy. Could this be a bug? If it s, it doesn't bother me at all, but I thought it would be a good idea to let you know about it. I play the OS X version of PoE and downloaded the game from the App Store.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

Is your character named Angela or Alissa, by chance? :p

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Which female voiceset were you using? I've noticed that some of them are missing specific lines, and I think they use some from other voicesets in those occasions. Surely the female-to-male jump seems a bit too far! :grin:

Edited by SkySlam

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

@AndreaColombo Haha!  Actually she isn't! Too bad: that would explain it all! 

@SkySlam I'm quite positive I chose the "Benevolent" voice setting. PS: I love your signature. I was tempted to use that as my whatsapp status for a while, after playing Pillars of Eternity. 

Edited by Barbedbeat
  • Like 1