[CLASS BUILD] The Leech (barbarian time bandit tank)

It's a spear - Vile Loner's Lance is just the name. In my opinion it's the best one handed interrupt weapon for a barb. If you want to dual wield and not duplicate Vile Loner's I would use Shatterstar (1 sec) + Godansthunyr (0.75). Both have higher interrupts as the usual war hammer (0.5), and have great enchantments like Annihilating and Stunning. It's the best dual wielding interrupt setup for me because it also has two damage types.

Vile Loner's is so nice for a barb because it has +10 ACC compared to other weapons which is great with carnage and also crit-interrupts. Maybe it's even better when wielded single handedly because of more crits - never tested that.

Mosquito is a rapier by the way. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Adra and Alpine (Alpine is even immune to crush).

One of the bog Dragons has 51 DR to pierce which is basically immune and 26 to crush.

Adra Animats have 33 pierece and 26 crush DR.

But those are the kind of enemies you don't meet every day in the Dyrwood. :)

I'm currently trying to make a spelltongue barbarian work (3.04 beta) and I'm kind of confused, because the 'drain' effect from spelltongue seems really inconsistent about when it works and when it does not.

I've Heart-of-Furied some groups of enemies with no timed buffs on them and gotten huge boosts to the duration of all my active effects (like 40 second +25% damage from heart of fury, almost a minute on Savage Defiance and Frenzy), and then against other groups it seems to add no time at all to the buffs or very very little. I have spelltongue in the left hand to make sure it hits first with HoF.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

Is it so that the left hand hits first with HoF? Never tested that to be honest.

I think sometimes there are "hidden" buffs on enemies which also get affected by Spelltongue. Remember when Deprive the Unworthy or Arcane Dampener removed the immunities of enemies? I think it's something like that. Loren Tyr would know.

My last experience was that Spelltongue steals durations from all enemies, but sometimes very little amounts (esp. when I see no active buffs) and sometimes huge amounts. But I didn't use it too much lately.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I'm currently trying to make a spelltongue barbarian work (3.04 beta) and I'm kind of confused, because the 'drain' effect from spelltongue seems really inconsistent about when it works and when it does not.

I've Heart-of-Furied some groups of enemies with no timed buffs on them and gotten huge boosts to the duration of all my active effects (like 40 second +25% damage from heart of fury, almost a minute on Savage Defiance and Frenzy), and then against other groups it seems to add no time at all to the buffs or very very little. I have spelltongue in the left hand to make sure it hits first with HoF.

Check which weapon does the carnage hits. If it's Spelltongue then you should steal enough time. If the carnage hits are done with the other weapon then it steals nothing.

Check which weapon does the carnage hits. If it's Spelltongue then you should steal enough time. If the carnage hits are done with the other weapon then it steals nothing.

Shouldn't both weapons be doing carnage hits given that HoF is a full attack, or does it not work like that?

Landed 18 hits with a HoF just now (I checked and all carnage hit were with spelltongue,) and got about 4 seconds to my durations, and then 23 Spelltongue hits for 6 or so on another. So about 0.2-0.25 to durations per hit. Does that sound about right?

Edited by limaxophobiacq

Landed 18 hits with a HoF just now (I checked and all carnage hit were with spelltongue,) and got about 4 seconds to my durations, and then 23 Spelltongue hits for 6 or so on another. So about 0.2-0.25 to durations per hit. Does that sound about right?

I don't know if it's right or not, but if all hits were done using Spelltongue then this is the best you can get. If you hit buffed enemies the duration will increase much more. 

When most enemies die right after the first attack, then there's nobody left to leech from with the second. ;)

No, it's a bug. Both hands attacks use the same weapon for carnage hits - not sure how the game picks which weapon is used.

Seems to always be the left-hand weapon, which also goes first when you HoF.

Actually, if the weapon in the right hand is only used for (half of) the HoF attacks themselves and not the carnage attacks they create, Unlabored Blade might actually be one of the better weapons in the game to have in your right hand for HoF; it's got the best accuracy in the game so its sure to create lots of carnage attacks that you then do with your heavy hitting left-hand weapon so the low dagger damage doesnt matter that much, and not being able to get more than 1 proc from Firebug is not a big deal when it only does the HoF attacks themselves.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

• 2 months later...