European Refugee Crisis

BruceVC

I would guess it because that is how right-wing media in USA has pictured Sweden and some people in EU use that is as joke or ammunition depending on their political views.

Like for example http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/04/20/self-loathing-sweden-should-only-welcome-persecuted-immigrants-not-the-persecuting/

In Finland I haven't seen such behavior, but Finland has long standing tradition to tease and mock Sweden for everything so we aren't influenced by others in that sector that much because they are usually far behind us anyway with their jokes and teases.

But to actually answer your question I don't know and I am not sure if they even say such thing in any meaningful amounts outside of internet forums where it can be used to strengthen some individuals own political views.

I read that link about Sweden, surly that can't be right....it makes it out like Sweden is some barbaric land?

It looks thing from very single minded perspective that cause it to interpret things so that they fit article's writers and publication's political views. Meaning that it is very typical Breitbart article and you should not believe anything that you can#t confirm from other sources.

But Sweden is barbaric land, every Finn will tell you that is the case  :dancing:  :dancing:

• Like 1

But like i mentioned, the media refuse to call them HERETIC but instead "extremist Islam", "fundementalist Islam", while actually they really is HERETIC. Don't you guys see the hidden agenda here?

Even Arabs 1437 years ago didn't look like that. You know how Arabs look like 1437 years ago? They look like mix Roman and Persian. They are NOTHING like those pictures above.

They are nothing like this...WTF is this?

burqa_II.jpg.jpg

Now this is Palestinian Arab woman in 1930 BEFORE the creation of Saudi Arabia, so we can guess how Arabs look like back then at least...

225px-Arabic-traditional-Dress.jpgwomen-in-ram-allah-palestine-embroiderin

Edited by Qistina

Calling religions or things related to religions heretic or heresy is thing that has become socially unacceptable in many western countries, because of long history of burning and other wise killing people that had different view on some religious matters. Also there have been lots of wars and massacres that were justified by other side's claimed heresy. 

I see, that is because you western people generalize everything is the same like you. Atheists especially, your measuring stick is Christianity, your view about all religions based on your view about Christianity

That's how you set values, you compared all things with your western measuring stick.

Edited by Qistina

Now i understand, that's what really happen, you see all religions as you see Christianity in Europe/West...that's how you judge everything, you are the center of the world, everything must be as according to your own values and views

You see Christian Europe is like this and like that, and so all religion in all other places in the world are like Christianity in Europe.

You see your own history is like this and like that, so history of all other races in the world must be compared with your own, and all must follow or as according to your values

You see your own nation is like this and like that, so all other nations is compared as according to your understanding about how a nation should be based on your own nation.

I see that now....and see, knowing languages make us understand our "enemy"..... :)

Edited by Qistina

That's how you set values, you compared all things with your western measuring stick.

I set my personal values according to my internal moral and ethical compass but that's just me.  :shrugz: 

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I would guess it because that is how right-wing media in USA has pictured Sweden and some people in EU use that is as joke or ammunition depending on their political views.

Like for example http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/04/20/self-loathing-sweden-should-only-welcome-persecuted-immigrants-not-the-persecuting/

In Finland I haven't seen such behavior, but Finland has long standing tradition to tease and mock Sweden for everything so we aren't influenced by others in that sector that much because they are usually far behind us anyway with their jokes and teases.

But to actually answer your question I don't know and I am not sure if they even say such thing in any meaningful amounts outside of internet forums where it can be used to strengthen some individuals own political views.

I read that link about Sweden, surly that can't be right....it makes it out like Sweden is some barbaric land?

It looks thing from very single minded perspective that cause it to interpret things so that they fit article's writers and publication's political views. Meaning that it is very typical Breitbart article and you should not believe anything that you can#t confirm from other sources.

But Sweden is barbaric land, every Finn will tell you that is the case  :dancing:  :dancing:

I'll be honest if I was a Swede I would  be offended by that article....I am not a swede and I was offended ...what political views do Breitbart follow?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What i am trying to say is, just because there are many Syrian refugees in Europe now, doesn't mean they are like those hooligans, there are many Christian Syrians too, they are orthodox mind you. But western media play fear mongering. When Muslims do bad things, the media will attribute it to Islam and all Muslims. let say there are bombings in Europe, the first thing that come out is "Islam" and Syrian refugees will be blamed.

Syrian and Saudi are two dfferent race anyway, not the same stock of people.

Muslims are of different races, we have different values, we have different agendas. Just because those heretics doing whatever they are doing, doesn't mean they represent Islam. And there is no such thing as liberal, moderate and extremist Islam. There is only Islam. It just non-heretic and heretical Islam.

Okay now you have made me remember a real criticism I have of the Muslim world ...I hope you can answer

Why is the Muslim world fine with the fact that the EU is taking in about 2 million Syrian Muslims. Why should the EU be taking in any Syrians?  

How many refugees is Malaysia taking in? Countries like Saudi Arabia are taking in none ...none. Yet the Muslim world is fine with these Syrians going to leave there home in the ME and going to a Christian country?And we know that many Muslims have issues with the EU ....yet obviously these issues aren't enough to want to help the Syrians

I explained earlier that one of the reasons that makes the West the most dominant ideology in the world is it believes in human rights...this a good example of that 

@ Qistina

We appreciate you telling us how we feel about things but can you answer this post?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I see, that is because you western people generalize everything is the same like you. Atheists especially, your measuring stick is Christianity, your view about all religions based on your view about Christianity

In this case it isn't Christianity precisely but history of our cultures and laws and social changes that are happened and attitude change where people have stopped to care specifics of other people's religious views and grown attitude that asking specifics of other people's religious views is impolite. This is created culture where quite few people care what are religious views of others in our countries let alone religious views of outsiders. Usually only times when people start to care religious views are when somebody tries to force their religious views to others. This is attitude that is common withing everybody regardless of their religious background.

I personally had partial religious upbringing where everybody that didn't believe as those that taught me were heretics, although at that time worst offenders of heresy were those in other Christian religions especially Catholicism and religions with Christian origins like Jehovah's Witnesses and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons), because they should have know better and Muslims for example were seen as people that just didn't know better and should be saved to mercy of the Christ.

But anyway everybody measures things by their own background because that is only thing that people can use as measure stick.

I'll be honest if I was a Swede I would  be offended by that article....I am not a swede and I was offended ...what political views do Breitbart follow?

It is right-wing and mostly pro-republican publication.

It is right-wing and mostly pro-republican publication.

Ah..okay but I wonder why they feel the need to attack Sweden.....do they realize Sweden is consistently in the top 5 countries that have the happiest citizens in the world ?

John Milton 

What i am trying to say is, just because there are many Syrian refugees in Europe now, doesn't mean they are like those hooligans, there are many Christian Syrians too, they are orthodox mind you. But western media play fear mongering. When Muslims do bad things, the media will attribute it to Islam and all Muslims. let say there are bombings in Europe, the first thing that come out is "Islam" and Syrian refugees will be blamed.

Muslims are of different races, we have different values, we have different agendas. Just because those heretics doing whatever they are doing, doesn't mean they represent Islam. And there is no such thing as liberal, moderate and extremist Islam. There is only Islam. It just non-heretic and heretical Islam.

Okay now you have made me remember a real criticism I have of the Muslim world ...I hope you can answer

Why is the Muslim world fine with the fact that the EU is taking in about 2 million Syrian Muslims. Why should the EU be taking in any Syrians?  

How many refugees is Malaysia taking in? Countries like Saudi Arabia are taking in none ...none. Yet the Muslim world is fine with these Syrians going to leave there home in the ME and going to a Christian country?And we know that many Muslims have issues with the EU ....yet obviously these issues aren't enough to want to help the Syrians

I explained earlier that one of the reasons that makes the West the most dominant ideology in the world is it believes in human rights...this a good example of that 

@ Qistina

We appreciate you telling us how we feel about things but can you answer this post?

Malaysia have been taking refugees since Afghan War, Gulf War, Bosnia War...what else? We are small country, we can't take anymore refugees, you know Rohingya refugees? They are too many and it's dangerous if we take them in. So we don't take them.

Malaysia size is about Britain size actually. How do you expect we want to take loads of people, we will be blown up like balloon...

https://mapfight.appspot.com/my-vs-us/malaysia-united-states-size-comparison

https://mapfight.appspot.com/my-vs-gb/malaysia-united-kingdom-size-comparison

See now?

USA and Europe are big mass of land, so you guys have no problems taking a lot of refugees

Edited by Qistina

@ Qistina

Malaysia have been taking refugees since Afghan War, Gulf War, Bosnia War...what else? We are small country, we can't take anymore refugees, you know Rohingya refugees? They are too many and it's dangerous if we take them in. So we don't take them.

Malaysia size is about Britain size actually. How do you expect we want to take loads of people, we will be blown up like balloon...

https://mapfight.appspot.com/my-vs-us/malaysia-united-states-size-comparison

https://mapfight.appspot.com/my-vs-gb/malaysia-united-kingdom-size-comparison

See now?

USA and Europe are big mass of land, so you guys have no problems taking a lot of refugees

Okay thats understandable about Malaysia but what about the fact that the Gulf countries like UAE and Saudi aren't prepared to take one Syrian. Why would they not offer to help fellow Muslims ....is this because of the Shia\Sunni tension?

John Milton 

Now i understand, that's what really happen, you see all religions as you see Christianity in Europe/West...that's how you judge everything, you are the center of the world, everything must be as according to your own values and views

Okay now hold on a minute. Are you telling me that human brain uses what it knows and understands to try and understand new concepts? ... I mean, you didn't know already? I thought it's fairly widespread knowledge of basic psychology. Hm.

Okay thats understandable about Malaysia but what about the fact that the Gulf countries like UAE and Saudi aren't prepared to take one Syrian. Why would they not offer to help fellow Muslims ....is this because of the Shia\Sunni tension?

Well you know those damn Arabs...actually most of us consider them as filth...you know that Muslims must go to take pilgrimage in Makkah, all our pilgrims say if not because of it is one of the pillar of Islam and not because of the prophet was born there, we will never go to Arab country.

They are power hungry....

Look at this, this is what happen before Gadhafi being toppled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYY_ws6axKo

Removing Ghadaffi was a mistake.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Malaysia is about size of Germany, which have taken over 800000 refugees.

we already have taken over that since all wars started by western in Middle East and all over the world....Chechen, Bosnian, Viatnamese, Iraqis, and what not....Indonesian immigrants also flocking in, not to mention Bangladeshi and Nepal...

There is a joke, Bangladesh political candidate even say "I don't fear to loose, i can go to Malaysia and win", in their campaign in Bangladesh. Malaysia also being called Banglasia now...

Edited by Qistina

Malaysia is about size of Germany, which have taken over 800000 refugees.

we already have taken over that since all wars started by western in Middle East and all over the world....Chechen, Bosnian, Viatnamese, Iraqis, and what not....Indonesian immigrants also flocking in, not to mention Bangladeshi and Nepal...

There is a joke, Bangladesh political candidate even say "I don't fear to loose, i can go to Malaysia and win", in the campaign. Malaysia also being called Banglasia now...

That was just how many Germany has taken in this year. Total amount is much higher.

Although Germany is quite generous in its refugee policy. But nothing can compare to those countries that neighbor crisis countries, they will always take biggest load even if they don't have resources to do so. 

Edited by Elerond

Removing Ghadaffi was a mistake.

Gaddhafi was removed by "revolution" AFTER he challenged Saudi...you can see in that video, it is Arab summit, to discuss Arab problems. Gaddhafi questioning Saudi involvement with USA...then the Saudi king spouted threats and leave while the summit not closed yet

What to expect from these scums and hooligans? Surely these bunch of gangsters don't care anything and anyone

That was just how many Germany has taken in this year. Total amount is much higher.

Although Germany is quite generous in its refugee policy. But nothing can compare to those countries that neighbor crisis countries, they will always take biggest load even if they don't have resources to do so. 

Europe is big, interconected with eachother...Malaysia is a country a small peninsular at that, and other part is a part of Borneo and contested area between Malaysia, Brunei, Sulu, Philipine and Indonesia.....so it's not the same.

Edited by Qistina

The Turks have now shot down a Russian fighter jet: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34907983

The scene for correcting what happened to Constantinople is about to be set.

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The Turks have now shot down a Russian fighter jet: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34907983

The scene for correcting what happened to Constantinople is about to be set.

Nah. its a war zone and accidents happen ...Russia knows this

John Milton