Attacks in Paris

Malcador

Life was very good under communism? And we're advocating doing what was done under communism? I'd say you like Sakai have no idea what you're talking about. May be you should read the Gulag Archipelago or something.

I know exactly what happened in my country under communists and what to a degree keeps happanening to this day. Maybe you instead of insults should try to explain how on earth do you think mass surveilance is ever a good idea. 

Predictable. They're not really going to do anything about the underlying issues, what causes radicalism in the first place. Just more bombs and more fear mongering until the next attack. 

Edited by Sakai

We need mass surveillance because the government is never wrong and free citizens are too dangerous.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

calling bs.  if deal were so bad, then why were f/a 18 e/f a finalist along with grippen and russian su 30 mkms in malaysia's recent attempt to upgrade air force?  malaysia continued to get hornet support from boeing and the us dod in the form o' continued training and hardware upgrades. you are being fed bs from your media and naive if you think that the us provided empty hornet shells to malaysia over a decade ago and that malaysia has continued to cooperate with us to upgrade, maintain, and train pilots for those hornets... as well as making new hornets a finalist for their recent fighter aircraft upgrade.

nonsense.

all o' which is so utterly irrelevant to what is going on in paris and the middle east and africa.

It is you who start talking **** about my country, i jsut respond to your bull****

Why not having F18 Hornet or whatever from USA, business is business, surely there are many deals from USA after **** deals they make before. Malaysia is not USA enemy, we are allies you fool. But still USA always giving unfair deals, and USA deals mostly only for the sake of USA and not in the good interest of Malaysia. Dealing with USA is not like dealing with other countries, everyone know this, that's why everyone hate USA. Don't you realize why people hate USA? It is because you always want everyobody to listen to you and agree with your **** deals.

everyone know this, that's why everyone hate USA.

oh, well, because you know it, it must be true.  

everyone knows that the majority o' media sources in malaysia is state controlled-- a tool for misleading their people.

everyone knows that religious and personal freedoms in malaysia are limited compared to virtual all western nations.

everyone knows that a disheartening percentage o' populace o' malaysians polled support isis, and that a disturbing number has joined to fight with isis.

see, we can put "everyone knows" in front o' a statement and make it true.  no?   'course our statements actual is true, but so it goes.

bah.  bruce is correct.  this thread is complete off the rails and almost nobody is speaking 'bout paris attacks anyways.  

done.  getting nowhere with increasingly agitated qistina or willingly following zor as he once again circles down the drain is pointless.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

everyone knows that the majority o' media sources in malaysia is state controlled-- a tool for misleading their people.

everyone knows that religious and personal freedoms in malaysia are limited compared to virtual all western nations.

everyone knows that a disheartening percentage o' populace o' malaysians polled support isis, and that a disturbing number has joined to fight with isis.

see, we can put "everyone knows" in front o' a statement and make it true.  no?   'course our statements actual is true, but so it goes.

bah.  bruce is correct.  this thread is complete off the rails and almost nobody is speaking 'bout paris attacks anyways.  

done.  getting nowhere with increasingly agitated qistina or willingly following zor as he once again circles down the drain is pointless.

HA! Good Fun!

There are no Americans who support ISIS? I heard most of ISIS members are Americans, and white

HA! Good Fun!

There are no Americans who support ISIS? I heard most of ISIS members are Americans, and white

No, ISIS consists of Sunni Arabs and Sunni Muslims from foreign countries and yes there are Sunni Muslims who do join them from Western countries but no that many from the USA 

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2015/04/us/americans-isis/

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Life was very good under communism? And we're advocating doing what was done under communism? I'd say you like Sakai have no idea what you're talking about. May be you should read the Gulag Archipelago or something.

I know exactly what happened in my country under communists and what to a degree keeps happanening to this day. Maybe you instead of insults should try to explain how on earth do you think mass surveilance is ever a good idea.

Surveillance in the Soviet Union was to suppress dissent. Surveillance in the US is to fight national security threats, a valid function of a democratic government. You're not free if you're being murdered by a terrorist, even if you yell whatever you want in the last moments of life. Don't conflate 2 completely different things.

My in-laws also tell me that life was good in the Soviet Union so long as you didn't make trouble

Good compared to what? Lots of people left SU when they had a chance, but not many went the other way. Did your in-laws stay or did they move here?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

what happened in my country under communists and what to a degree keeps happanening to this day. Maybe you instead of insults should try to explain how on earth do you think mass surveilance is ever a good idea.

Surveillance in the Soviet Union was to suppress dissent. Surveillance in the US is to fight national security threats, a valid function of a democratic government. You're not free if you're being murdered by a terrorist, even if you yell whatever you want in the last moments of life. Don't conflate 2 completely different things.

Well StB and I am sure that KGB said the bolded thing the whole time as well ;)

I am sorry to tell that, but I really do not know, if I should laugh or facepalm about your naivity.

Infinite power corrupts infinitely, and mass surveillance of your own citizens is a pavement made out of sweet talks and fearmongering into the acquiring infinite power...

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

"My in-laws also tell me that life was good in the Soviet Union so long as you didn't make trouble"

Isn't that true everywhere? 'Trouble' is such a vague turn. In some places being  homosexual or black or white or Christian or  Sunni or Siite or pick whatever is 'making trouble'.

In currnt Russia, as long as you don't oppose Putin youa re in a-ok shape. Once you say anything negative about him you are in trouible. Just ask his many former friends who magically became criminals AFTER they opposed him. L0LZ

"I heard most of ISIS members are Americans, and white"

You are trolling.

Also, it is clear that you are a hateful bigot. Then again, a lot of bigotry  and hatred comes from ignorance so it ain't surprising.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Being monitored is freedom. The US government has never been wrong and there is no way they will abuse power granted to them. Besides, why should you care if you don't have anything to hide? I bet you're all Islamic Communists who want to take my burgers and make me eat vegan halal.

• Like 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Oh and we support the shift from oil to renewable energy! That's how much we hate you!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

what happened in my country under communists and what to a degree keeps happanening to this day. Maybe you instead of insults should try to explain how on earth do you think mass surveilance is ever a good idea.

Well StB and I am sure that KGB said the bolded thing the whole time as well wink.png

I am sorry to tell that, but I really do not know, if I should laugh or facepalm about your naivity.

Infinite power corrupts infinitely, and mass surveillance of your own citizens is a pavement made out of sweet talks and fearmongering into the acquiring infinite power...

KGB would never admit to surveillance or anything underhanded, they're defending the Motherland and that's all you need to know. Here though we have a free press (although most of it is palace press, but not all) so you can actually figure out what's going on if you don't go full on knee jerk reaction mode.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Being monitored is freedom. The US government has never been wrong and there is no way they will abuse power granted to them. Besides, why should you care if you don't have anything to hide? I bet you're all Islamic Communists who want to take my burgers and make me eat vegan halal.

Well I dont know what to say, I never thought you would agree with me on this. But its probably misplaced to assume any government cannot abuse its power so rather be aware of this one....but now you understand what I meant when I said you can have freedom but also be monitored 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You don't see he's being sarcastic? Another straw man argument btw.

Yes of course I know he is being sarcastic :)

KP ignores me anyway ...but I'm funny hey  :biggrin:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Good compared to what? Lots of people left SU when they had a chance, but not many went the other way. Did your in-laws stay or did they move here?

Good in general and they give a lot of little examples that don't mean a lot to me but I guess it depends on what you value. I know that's vague and subjective but not having lived it I take their word for it. I'm not saying it was all puppies and sunshine (they had a hard time towards the end) but just that it isn't black and white

Some of the extended family have moved and others are still living in the exact same place. None live in the US but my wife's parents come visit every year.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Interesting... there are voices within France's government saying that in addition to extended period of "Emergency State", they will be actions such as demolishing mosques in which speech of hate is present openly.

This might be a really big thing if true...

Edited by Darkpriest

Interesting... there are voices within France's government saying that in addition to extended period of "Emergency State", they will be actions such as demolishing mosques in which speech of hate is present openly.

Yes, if these Mosques are allowing Hate Speech then you need to close them down...harsh but fair 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Yes, if these Mosques are allowing Hate Speech then you need to close them down...harsh but fair 

I agree, but this is first time, since ever basically, when such action is even considered. This will obviously result in street riots with more radical muslims, which in turn again can lead to extending the emergency state beyond the initial 3 months. It actually can turn into fairly ugly internal conflict for some time.

But yet you guys complaining my country police raid a church....

• Like 1

But yet you guys complaining my country police raid a church....

Do they openly manifest hatred towards citizens of your country and talk about infidels that need to be killed and your laws forcefully changed?