Best and most enjoyable Solo PotD char past 2.03

Hi there. Have been restarting and rebuilding new chars for this for a while now but having difficulty deciding. I dont just want to be able to do it i want to enjoy the ride as well. 

Some requirements i think u need on characters for this:

Survivability: deflection, CC-resistance, som kinda hp/heal

Damage: kinda obv but this is especially true if u want to make it enjoyable becouse u can build the most survivable chars but if they cant do dmg they suck. Aoe is obviously good here but not a must. Some high speed tactic is probably the best for dmg.

The best is NOT the most enjoyable.

Best class is paladin, since he can tank everything, but some fights vs random mobs take soooo long.

Cipher is probably most fun with cheesy beam spells and mind control, but even with level 12 your deflection is not far above 100 which is pretty squishy tbh.

How about Barbarian or Wizard? And couldnt Monk do the same at Paladin only with more dmg?

Barbarian sucks vs dragons but is good vs weak mobs, tho whether thats a quality idk.

Wizard is a lot of fun, but I haven't tested it vs tougher opponents aka dragons.

Monk is not the same as Paladin, what gave you that idea?

Defensively far inferior, yes his damage is awesome and you can solo.

You can solo with all these classes, but if you ask for the best, I look for a class, that can do every single fight.

I would think the monk is your best friend: he has good defenses, good DPS and good CC and is fun to play. His special attacks are fun to use. All in the same build. I also believe that his starting deflection is now higher than that of the paladin since pally's was nerfed a bit in 2.03. With defensive talents you can easily reach a very high deflection, but maybe you don't want to pump it too high because of wounds. And you can always switch between high defl. and other defenses. That's very flexible. If you take a moon godlike (which gives good synergy effects with the wound system) you will have a powerful and fun char.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hes not almost immune to CC and also not to dragonfire.

You can't compare his +8 to saves with the +23 to saves and +17 to def a pala has. (also counting the deflection modal, sinced the monki can't use it the same time as his saves modal, while paladins F+C and the modal stack ofc.)

The game is more difficult than pre 2.0 because the deflection was nerfed and some monsters have increased accuracy (due to perception changes). Even the paladin needs potions to tank the adra dragon now (before you needed 171+ in all defenses to make him graze all the time, now you need 182+). Scrolls/traps were nerfed, immunities were introduced, AI improved and new fights are even harder. The alpine dragon can't be tanked for very long (his wing attack hits with 154 accuracy vs fortitude/reflexes) and since you're all the time flanked by the blights he does only sneak attacks on you (ie 100% dmg even for grazes). Probably the only way to kill him solo is with a petrify trap at the start of the fight while tanking all the blights around you... or blind him and try to kill him from the distance...

PS. The paladin still is the most solid class and becomes very fun once he gets Sacred Immolation since you have the best tank coupled with some serious AoE damage. Also you can respec and optimize your defenses for big fights and the rest of the time play a more offensive build.

Edited by Kaylon

• 2 weeks later...

Ii am still wondering why no one is calling for Druids!?

With all the changes he seems to be a very strong solo char now.

If you use the immunities of your blights smartly they will tank like gods so you have time to destroy your enemies with AoE-Spells.

I must admit that this feels a bit cheap and i am only using it in tough encounters. Its quite funny to watch bosses like Cail the Silent trying to harm your Flame Blight. :D

Not sure about Solo, but that flame blight is also strong against Thaos. At least that is how my first playthrough (group of 6, around lvl 9, difficulty hard) went successfully when I lucky summoned a Flame blight next to him and he spent his pillar of faith arsenal on it like a big dummy. Patch 2.01.

Could be part of a viable solution in solo as well.

Lets take a look at the immunities:

Earth Blight: Slashing + Corrode

Flame Blight: Piercing + Fire

Rain Blight: Piercing + Shock

Wind Blight: Crushing + Frost

Gamebreaking? In need of a nerf? Or just making Druids more viable for TCS-Solo-Runs?

Damn, i am having so much fun with my new solo druid... i can almost hear Thaos crying! :dancing:

Edited by Harpagornis

Not only solo. This is very useful for every party composition. An undestructible blocker/tank is always nice. Instead oft nerfing it the enemies could just choose a different target if they can't harm the blight.

Not only solo. This is very useful for every party composition. An undestructible blocker/tank is always nice. Instead oft nerfing it the enemies could just choose a different target if they can't harm the blight.

Yes, this was my thought too. The AI is dumb like hell in this aspect (same for some pathfinding issues). Luckily enough the Druid can survive without this cheapo. We will see!  :yes: 

Pathfinding is horrible. Sometimes two chars meet in battle and both decide to turn, let's say, left - then they both run side by side like if they decided to take a walk in the park - hand in hand. Romantic... and stupid too.

The blights of druid are summoned randomly since you can't pick which one to use I don't think it can be nerfed.

Regarding solo class, full defensive build moon goodlike paladin with sacred immolation(max might + flame talent) can be quite fun to play.

Yes, but in some battles the sacr. imm. runs out after a while - and there are still enemies alive. Then it gets very tedious to kill them all manually with your crappy melee dps. :)
By the way - two Paladins with Sacred Immolation are even better - they heal each other's raw damage (they suffer from their own immolation) with the other immolation. That's a win-win-situation. :)