Getting it in the hole. Basketball 2K15-2K16

Leferd

Oh please.  If Lebron was coasting CLE wouldn't have the record they have. Theyc ertainly don't have it because of his wannabe teammates who have NEVER been winners until they played with him.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

LeBron can still play good D when he wants to, but not nearly consistentl enough to be on my All Defense Team. And especially not when the guys he's picking up are shooting better than 51% on him.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Anthony "Wilt" Davis dropping 59 and 20 on Detroit. 

Putting strong pressure on me to place him on my end of year NBA Third Second Team.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

O RLY? So if someone goes 52/52 for 104 points going 35/52 for 70 points from 3 point land is more 'efficient'? HOW THE HECK DOES THAT WORK?

52 x 2 = 104

35 x 3 = 105

C'mon Volo, surely you know a three point shot is worth three points. Roflopter.

• Like 1

Have to save the highlights for posterity in this here Obsidian forums.

Wardell Stephen Curry II is absurd.

PS

That end of regulation sequence culminating with Andre Iguodala actually making both free throws! 

That was a basketball game for the ages.

• Curry going clinical, twice hitting the record books and hitting the game winner from Tulsa.
  • Durant matching up toe to toe with Steph.
  • Westbrook being Westbrook.
  • Draymond Green having a halftime meltdown
  • Draymond Green playing out of his mind the second half
  • Andre Iguodala staring down his free throw demons to tie the game with virtually no time left.

Anyone who thinks GS isn't 100% winning the championship doesn't know basketball. Barring half the team being injured I just don't see any team that can compete with them in a bets of 7. Teams like CLE or SA might be able to take 1 MAYBE 2 from them but 4? NO.

Yeah I didn't know it was on, turned over to the game and saw the most unlikely regular season finish. I could feel the air go out of the building in OKC from here.

What's the story with sleeve jerseys, they seem pretty cool.

Marketing and sales. Most of us mere mortals of the non-Adonis variety aren't ripped enough to pull off a tank top. But they can still sell "official" t-shirt jerseys.

They play down to their opponents. 5 of their 6 losses came against bottom 20 teams. They're not Robots like the Spurs.

• Like 1

Laziness. If they weren't even gonna try they should at least be honest about ti and do what the  Spiurs do -s it their star players... instead  Curry and co got sent out there to purposefully hurt their stats. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid Val is gonna label me a moron for using analytics to fill out my brackets. I guess I'll just have to play it by feels and coin flips.

OK, using the " feels" approach, I'm going with the following:

Final Four - Cal, Oregon, UNC, Michigan St.

Coin flips had me as Cal over Oregon and Michigan St over UNC.

Final coin flip has Michigan State over Cal.

• Like 1

Final Four - Kansas, Oklahoma, UNC, Michigan St.

Kansas over UNC

(Having said that, everyone should probably bet on other teams as I never get these things right ...  :biggrin: )

And there are already two 12-5 upsets:

Ark-LR over Purdue

and

Yale over Baylor 

Edited by kgambit