NHL 2015-2016 (The Panthers Stanley Cup Season)

Guard Dog

I first started to follow hockey about a season before the Sharks hit the ice.  It had been announced that San Jose was getting a franchise, so all my friends and I started to pay attention to the league; we went and bought sticks to play in our driveways and we started playing Blades of Steel on our NES.  The first team I got into was the Blues, with Brett Hull and eventually Brenden Shanahan.  They were just the most exciting line to watch in hockey.  My first jersey was a Blues one.  

So this is going to be an interesting series to watch for me.  I'm a Sharks fan first, but I still look at the Blues with a fair amount of pride.  

Penguins are looking pretty ugly since the Kessel acquisition. 

"Thanks for picking up that fat bastard from us!"

TRIPLE L0L

Where are all the pathetic moronic Leaf fans who were blaming Kessel for them sucking? HAHAHAHA!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

According to Chris Creamer's crew over at www.sportslogos.net this will be the Panthers new logo. I don't love it... but I don't hate it either. Not as good as what they have now:

Panthers-full.jpg

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Where all the anti Kessell punks? LMAO they have vanished for most of these playoffs. :p

Also, L0L, at the people who have always attacked the Sharks for  being 'chokers' and other nonsense.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

At first I just hated it. Now it's growing on me a little. I do like the retro look of the jersey design. But it is still a downgrade on the original.

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=884875

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

I'll certainly miss the memories of him as a kid, and those aren't from any television or anything. I traded hockey sticker cards with other kids at school (one of my few possessions in my rucksack I lugged around everywhere), and then I had this album full of NHL heroes. For some reason, I couldn't forget those four photos of him and the text describing him. Why? Well, he was the same age as my grand dad, if he had been alive, and Gordie was still going strong. Detroit Red Wings, IIRC.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

One of my buddies just had a baby, and I've got first dibs on his ticket for game 6 tonight if he decides not to go.  Fingers super crossed.   :o   

If you make that happen post some pics!

Thomas Sowell

Darn.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Kessel was a better choice for the Conn Smythe.  I would have even understood Letang, or one of those guys who was blocking shots all series long.  Crosby deserved consideration, but it seemed more about him being the face of the NHL than the actual stats.

• 2 months later...