NHL 2015-2016 (The Panthers Stanley Cup Season)

Guard Dog

"If anyone can appreciate small market teams and their success it's Jersey."

That suceess is 100% due to one goalie.

\In playioffs pot now, might not be at end, and cetrainly are no threat. No brodeur no cup in NJ. FACT.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Cats are going out west to face the Ducks tomorrow. Anaheim has been miserable so far this year. Hopefully they won't snap out of it tomorrow.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"If anyone can appreciate small market teams and their success it's Jersey."

That suceess is 100% due to one goalie.

\In playioffs pot now, might not be at end, and cetrainly are no threat. No brodeur no cup in NJ. FACT.

i dont think anyone would argue against the fact that NJ's success was largely because they had one of the best goaltenders and two of the best defensemen of all time. 

i also don't think anyone said they were going to win a cup this year.

*shrug* 

Edited by Krookie

Entire? They've been one of the best teams the past few years. Are you high? Or just jealous that NJ greatness is now in the past?

Edited by Volourn

The cats had a disastrous 5 game road trip that saw them go 0 for California. The even looked weak against the lowly Ducks. But they got back on track last night by dousing the Flames 4-3. On a side note, although no one is disputing Jagr's value to the team he's been hurt off and on the last two weeks. The cats are 6-2-1 in games he's played and 0-4-2 in games he didn't.

He is leading the team in goals but he contributes just by being there. Not bad for a guys his age... or ANY age.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Entire? They've been one of the best teams the past few years. Are you high? Or just jealous that NJ greatness is now in the past?

ask henrik lundqvist or any other player on the rangers if they are content "being one of the best teams the past few years"

no cup = might as well not have been in the playoffs 

L0L ONly great teams can think that way.  I bet your Devils would be satisfied with 'just' a playoff spot. Heck, look at the way you are hyping them. :p

yes but expectations for the devils right now isn't to make the the playoffs, so the playoffs would be a victory in itself. we made most of our best years. 3 cups from 95-2003. rangers have been one of the best teams in the league for the last 5 years and dont have a single cup to show for it. if you dont think the rangers have been a "great team" since 2011 you're mistaken. they're pissing away Lundqvists best years without anyhting to show for it, and they thinl playoff noshows like Nash will fix their problems lol 

in other news the devils have now swept their season series with the Blackhawks. wildcard here we come :)

Edited by Krookie
  • Like 1

Nash is one of teh reasons they have been great. 'Playoff choker'. I remember when a certain Blackhawk had that label. On these very boards. LMAO

Edited by Volourn

Nash is one of teh reasons they have been great. 'Playoff choker'. I remember when a certain Blackhawk had that label. On these very boards. LMAO

i dont even know who you're referencing? can't be hossa

I didn't recognize it either.  I'm not really a believer in the playoff choker theory, although that's probably because I'm a Sharks fan and tired of that label.

"i dont even know who you're referencing? can't be hossa"

You knew exactly who i was referencing. I remember those pre Blackhawk conversations on how Hossa was a choker and was 'cursed' to always fail come playoff time. And, that was here. Why deny the truth? LMAO

"i dont even know who you're referencing? can't be hossa"

You knew exactly who i was referencing. I remember those pre Blackhawk conversations on how Hossa was a choker and was 'cursed' to always fail come playoff time. And, that was here. Why deny the truth? LMAO

what 

Are you sure that was here?  I know you are a man of the internets, and it can be tough to keep track of all your beefs.

:lol:  I almost choked on my tuna sandwich reading this!

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Cat's beat the Bolts in Tampa last night. I caught the 3rd period & OT on my XM. Nice to get a win especially over them. Too bad it had to be in a shoot out. Denying them points is nearly as important as earning them in a division game. 

Thomas Sowell

"Penguins are looking pretty ugly since the Kessel acquisition. "

Nonsense. Theya re 10-7 and had a good streak. And, looking much better than his former team. They'll be alright. Leafs not so much.

And, the KING continues to kick butt! Keeps this up he'll eaisly win his 2nd vezina and MVP.. though.. if their new backup continues to do well in limited action against easy teams may not. L0L

Edited by Volourn