NHL 2015-2016 (The Panthers Stanley Cup Season)

Guard Dog

I love the 3-3 format.

I think hockey should be played 4-4 during regular time. Opens up the ice and allows skill players room to actually you know, stickhandle and pass.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I love the 3-3 format.

I think hockey should be played 4-4 during regular time. Opens up the ice and allows skill players room to actually you know, stickhandle and pass.

I'd probably prefer an international ice surface myself.  

• Like 1

A wider International sized rink would help as well. Being honest here, but dump and chase hockey and the neutral zone trap is killing the watchibilty of the game for me.

Maybe eliminating the offsides rule would help as well.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"Penguins are looking pretty ugly since the Kessel acquisition. "

Nonsense. Theya re 10-7 and had a good streak. And, looking much better than his former team. They'll be alright. Leafs not so much.

how the leafs are doing is irrelevant, i wasn't saying kessel made a bad decision by approving a trade to pitt, he's obviously better off there. 

and LOL if you thjink that a team with crosby, malkin, kessel, letang should have less goals 1/4 of the way through the season than the Devils, Blue Jackets, and because you brought them up, the MAPLE LEAFS just LOL.

I love the 3-3 format.

Seconded.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I love the 3-3 format.

3v3 has been ridiculously exciting but I'm not sure I would want to see the NHL change anything in terms of regulation. 

How do you guys feel about them potentially making the nets bigger? I can't get behind that.

3v3 in OT is ok. I didn't like it at first but it is growing on me. I'd rather see the rink size increased rather than the net. That increases the angles on the net and makes the goalie's job harder without increasing the size of the target plus it opens up more possibilities for strategies and offense which makes the game more exciting IMO. Scoring goals is all fine but the best part of hockey IMO is the 20 seconds before the puck hit's the net. The set up and execution of a perfect one timer is exciting to see. That the goals happened is just the conclusion of the story rather than the story itself.

BTW the Cats swept a home and home vs the Lightning. Ekbald buried one with 20 seconds left to win 1-0. I caught the game on the radio and Doug Plagens (the pbp guy) was out of breath at the end of that one. Luongo earned his pay stopping 39 shots without a lot of help in front of him. The Ducks are next in SFL.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Penguins are looking pretty ugly since the Kessel acquisition. 

Thanks for picking up that fat bastard from us!

haha come on, you know I'm a Devils fan. 

I would have loved to have Kessel on this team though. Hynes' whole system is built on speed. Kessel would be a monster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Almost to the half way point, 33 games in and the Cats are 17-12-4, just 5 points out of first. But the best part is they are just a fun team to watch.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Guess who is in first place now: http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2015020527&navid=nhl:topheads

Alexsander Barkov is da man.

Thomas Sowell

• 3 months later...

So the Sharks are up 2-0, which of course is part of their plan to emotionally crush me.

can't be as bad as the decade o' emotional crushing the sharks visited 'pon their fans from 2001-2011. am suspecting only a 1990s buffalo bills fan could understand that kinda pain.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I bet more than a few of you laughed when I subtitled this thread. You did didn't you?  Who's laughing now????

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Go Panthers!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

The Sharks should never play at home ever again.

...atleast for the rest of these playoffs....

• Like 1

Welll... the King  had his worst series in a long while... :(

That said, I get to laugh at Maple Leafs fans who  blamed Kessell for them sucking. HAHA!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Panthers lost game 5 last night in the 2nd OT. Just heartbreaking. The Islanders goalie Gasse must be made out of rubber or something. But every bounce seems to just go against us. Just bad luck. Game six tomorrow night. 

Thomas Sowell

Heartbreaking... just heartbreaking. And just like that.... it's all over. Time to watch baseball now.

Thomas Sowell

• 3 weeks later...