1up's Urquhart Feargus interview

How about a KotNR set 500 years in the future where every character in ROTJ and the EU books are dead and its all a bunch on new characters. The yuuzhan vong are completely wiped out and the empire knowing it will not last has retreated into uncharted space and there they find two planets waging war. They find that they have different technology and are very advanced so the imperial remnant decide to help one of them in the condition they join them and form a new empire to reclaim the galaxy. The empire also finds out that this new race is very sensitive to the force and would make great sith knights. ok now its 1000 years later and during the 500 years the new empire has spent that time training the new race in the force and building ships and an army. 1500 years later the new empire with their cloaked fleet make it to coruscant and the location of the new republic and yavin 4 and bombard them into dust wiping out the greatest jedis and senators or leaders of the republic. Then the game starts and you find yourself stranded on yavin 4 and your masters are dead. you find the ship ebon falcon of the new millenium of hawks and meet some survivors who join your party. your mission is to do something that eventually leads you to the uncharted space and enlist the help of the race the newempire was fighting who ran away and rebuilt then you have to kill darth something the sithlord and save the republic or DS ending take over the galaxy

A KOTNR set a good few hundred years after the movies so there isn't NJO baggage (not that I know anything about this part of the EU really) sounds like a good thing. After all, even KOTOR has to fit in with the timeline. (They couldn't, for instance, have dramatically blown up Coruscant :) )

I was thinking of running a Pen & Paper Star Wars game set 6000 years after the movies, the idea being technology and knowledge of the Force has advanced and changed. Giving rise to things like ships powered and directed by the thoughts of a pilot in another star system, Jedi who can vanish in a blast of energy and instantly appear on another planet... I had a Star Wars ish plot with a villain and a superweapon all thought out, both recognisable but different and intriguing because of the 6000 year gap. Unfortunately my gaming group didn't want to play a Star Wars game. Pah. :(

I don't see how 50 years wouldn't be sufficient. Things can happen fast in the Star Wars universe, just as they do in real life. I imagine jedi would be fairly numerous at that time, but you'd still have some of the frontier-sy feel that was well-done in the KotOR series. The Vong wouldn't have anything to do with it - hasn't the book series pretty much ended as far as the vong go?

I'm pretty sure that Dark Forces is all about retrieving the Death Star plans for the first Death Star.

Only the first level, which is a sort of prolog and was released as a demo.

The rest is about Dark Troopers (Super Stormtrooper Droids).

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I would imagine a KotNR game would be set about the same time period as Jedi Acadamy.

I think the timing for that series is something like:

Dark Forces (exeppt 1st level) ANH +1

Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight ESB +5

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast ESB +7

Jedi Knight: Jedi Acadamy ESB +9

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

SW also has an EU storyline of the old republic, for 25000 years past, so you can't say it grants much more freedom to the storyline. Kotor fills this EU out well. They talk about Exar Kun, Nomy Sunrider etc... The time when the story designers could have the most freedom, is 500, or more years after the Rotj, so a Kotnr is a good idea, but only after the Skywalkers time, and that Yhuzaan ****. But i will be also happy if they make a kotor3:-)

How about a KotNR set 500 years in the future where every character in ROTJ and the EU books are dead and its all a bunch on new characters. The yuuzhan vong are completely wiped out and the empire knowing it will not last has retreated into uncharted space and there they find two planets waging war. They find that they have different technology and are very advanced so the imperial remnant decide to help one of them in the condition they join them and form a new empire to reclaim the galaxy. The empire also finds out that this new race is very sensitive to the force and would make great sith knights. ok now its 1000 years later and during the 500 years the new empire has spent that time training the new race in the force and building ships and an army. 1500 years later the new empire with their cloaked fleet make it to coruscant and the location of the new republic and yavin 4 and bombard them into dust wiping out the greatest jedis and senators or leaders of the republic. Then the game starts and you find yourself stranded on yavin 4 and your masters are dead. you find the ship ebon falcon of the new millenium of hawks and meet some survivors who join your party. your mission is to do something that eventually leads you to the uncharted space and enlist the help of the race the newempire was fighting who ran away and rebuilt then you have to kill darth something the sithlord and save the republic or DS ending take over the galaxy

Sounds possible, anything without the yuuzhan vong is fine by me.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy