Journalism and bias in the gaming industry

Blarghagh

I have no idea what is in my ps4 or wii u. That is the luxury of them. Unlike my pc, which I research meticulouslyand troubleshoot regularly.

But you're not a journalist blogger whose job is to write about the subject. Is it too much to ask that those who write about such things "professionally" know what they are talking about?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Doovie critics need to be experts on technical aspects of filmaking? I think it helps to be knowledgeable, for sure, but the main requirement would seem to revolve around writing, not technical expertise.

Now this guy might be a rubbish writer, I have no idea. :p

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Doovie critics need to be experts on technical aspects of filmaking? I think it helps to be knowledgeable, for sure, but the main requirement would seem to revolve around writing, not technical expertise.

Now this guy might be a rubbish writer, I have no idea. :p

But that analogy doesn't work because Steam, ports, framerate, and arguably GPU are part of game playing as well as game making. It would be like a TV and Film writer not knowing about Netflix, adaptations from film to TV presentation(they often have to edit for time and content), picture quality, and viewing devices. I suppose one can still write about such things without said knowledge, but I don't see how anyone with a modicum of knowledge would take their opinions seriously.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

She knows 9 transgender people who have committed suicide? Holy crap. I live in a city of 2 million people and have yet to meet one, let alone one that committed suicide.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So, uhm, is this the real Shatner?

7c08e32d26.png

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So, uhm, is this the real Shatner?

7c08e32d26.png

Yes.

• Like 2