Is this game worth the price they are asking?

I'm an avid gamer and have played most Obsid games in the past however 45 bucks seems a bit steep when the only gameplay vids I can find show horrible graphics and the commentators spend 90 percent of the time clicking through dialogue. Without a playable demo i am hesitant to spend this amount because i've seen too many games lately fall flat on their face. Maximum PC has a (obviously sponsored) 9+ rating on this game but doesn't offer much info on play details.

So i'm asking players who have purchased this game, is it worth the price? No shills please just honest replies would be greatly appreciated :)

It is a far cry from the infinity games of old. It is shallow, almost every single aspect of it except for graphics is badly designed and implemented, the plot is mediocre, the combat and character building systems are critical fails.

Not worth even at half price.

Play witcher 3 instead, it's the best game ever made

In my opinion PoE is worth full price for a new release game. You'll have 100's of hours of gameplay so the cost per hour will be miniscule.

It is not a console port or an interactive movie pushing social agendas :)

My fear for PoE2 is that Poe will be successful enough for the developers to make Poe2 for consoles and then port it back for the PC.

• Like 1

My fear for PoE2 is that Poe will be successful enough for the developers to make Poe2 for consoles and then port it back for the PC.

As long as Feargus Urquhart is at the helm, I doubt that will happen. He's a PC man through and through.

Btw, there nothing wrong with social agendas as long as the fit nicely into the narrative. POE has it's  fair share of them.

• Like 1

I'm an avid gamer and have played most Obsid games in the past however 45 bucks seems a bit steep when the only gameplay vids I can find show horrible graphics and the commentators spend 90 percent of the time clicking through dialogue. Without a playable demo i am hesitant to spend this amount because i've seen too many games lately fall flat on their face. Maximum PC has a (obviously sponsored) 9+ rating on this game but doesn't offer much info on play details.

So i'm asking players who have purchased this game, is it worth the price? No shills please just honest replies would be greatly appreciated :)

Yes, to me it's worth every Cent I paid for it. :)

Edited by Lythe Vodaine

FdSm3p1.png

If you are a fan of Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate games and you want up-to-date 2D/3D graphics and mechanics, I believe you're gonna love it. Now about the price, only you know if you're gonna miss the money.

The best demo you can find is a torrent. Download the game and see for yourself, then buy it if you think it's worth the money.

only gameplay vids I can find show horrible graphics

I don't know what videos you are looking at, but I consider PoE to be THE best looking computer game I can think of.

You probably won't like it.  It's not for everybody.  If you don't like to read, give it a pass.  But graphically, at least speaking about the areas more than the character models, I don't think there's anything nicer looking on the market.  Oh, you can find other games with more lens flare.  No doubt about that.  But more beautiful?  I can't think of a single one.