Animal Companion Combat Bonuses Stacking with itself

koski

Question

After 1.05 patch I noticed Itumaak was dealing insane amounts of damage and I contributed it to the animal companion fixes at first but after it critted for 140 I went to check the character screen, only to find the animal compaion combat bonuses buff stacked multiple times. I do not recall seeing it before the 1.05 patch.

Unfortunately I do not have a save from times before the bug, so I can not really tell what went wrong, but I have noticed that it happens when I Quicksave and then load the said save in Dyrfords Crossing Anywhere. Each time the game ends up giving me an extra stack.

Edited by koski

13 answers to this question

+1   (mine only stacks twice atm . will keep an eye out for it) .. 

I would say 5 stacks should be enough to make companions "useful" :p .

Yeah, Itumaak is a beast (lol) now. He is making short work of everything.

As a side note, I was thinking of attaching the save game and the debug log here, but for some reason I can't find the upload method anywhere. Which is strange, since I was able to upload the picture in my original post.

I would say 5 stacks should be enough to make companions "useful" :p .

As a side note, I was thinking of attaching the save game and the debug log here, but for some reason I can't find the upload method anywhere. Which is strange, since I was able to upload the picture in my original post.

You should be able to follow the steps here to find the appropriate files.

And thanks for all of the information, everyone. We're looking into the issue but haven't yet found the cause of the duplicating combat bonuses. But once we find the cause, it should be relatively easy to fix. Does anybody have any ideas?

I would say 5 stacks should be enough to make companions "useful" tongue.png .

You should be able to follow the steps here to find the appropriate files.

And thanks for all of the information, everyone. We're looking into the issue but haven't yet found the cause of the duplicating combat bonuses. But once we find the cause, it should be relatively easy to fix. Does anybody have any ideas?

Yeah I noticed that and was going to follow it, but I can not find the upload function anywhere. The only thing remotely close to it is the My Media menu and it contains that one screenshot I uploaded. But for some reason I am unable to find any sort of upload function anywhere in the posting (or post editing) UI on the forums.

http://i.imgur.com/udLeyqG.jpg

Checked again .. Its starting to get out of hand ..

124% damage bonus ?!  No idea what causes it .. 

For now, you're best off leaving that save and starting a new game (try TCS while you're at it!) if you have objections about advancing your game while under the effect of advantageous bugs. It is caused by saving & loading, so there is little hope on avoiding it unless you're playing a no-reload game on a single sitting.

Developer appears to have promised a fix on the next iteration of the patch (mon or tue), so you only have to lay off your save with hunters for the weekend. Not too long to wait.

Yeah I noticed that and was going to follow it, but I can not find the upload function anywhere. The only thing remotely close to it is the My Media menu and it contains that one screenshot I uploaded. But for some reason I am unable to find any sort of upload function anywhere in the posting (or post editing) UI on the forums.

upload the files to a hosting site and share the link. PoE files are usually too big to be directly uploaded on the forum.

The developers suggest dropbox, but you can use a different service.

Like www.sendspace.com, www.tinyupload.com, just to list a couple of sites not asking for a login.

Edited by Suen
  • Like 1

I've come to burn your kingdom down

For now, you're best off leaving that save and starting a new game (try TCS while you're at it!) if you have objections about advancing your game while under the effect of advantageous bugs. It is caused by saving & loading, so there is little hope on avoiding it unless you're playing a no-reload game on a single sitting.

Developer appears to have promised a fix on the next iteration of the patch (mon or tue), so you only have to lay off your save with hunters for the weekend. Not too long to wait.

can always leave the bear at the starting area .. This way I'm playing with a handicap - not with bonuses :) ..

WPNTVf7.jpg