A better question is: how do you justify having a party of 6 godlikes ? For all I know there is one (1) godlike character in the game that wasn't created by a backer.

Godlikes are just meant to be more powerful by design.

You don't. It's just one of the failings of the 'make-multiple-PCs-and-call-them-a-companions inn imo'. The idea of which (for me) is just them being lazy and going 'We created 6 companions with stories, but now I am tired. Lets give the playerss the tools to create generic companions for their party and call it a day!'. And it's not like the cost of creating a companion would have been very high and thus the few we got - they rarely interact with the world so I can't imagine giving them a backstory and stuff being so hard for a writer to do...

...but good to know about the moon godlike....I didn't realize their self heal was good enough to replace a priest. Now maybe I could create non healer PC and not having to suffer the Dunce (or was it Durance....) in the party:)

----

If you want characters with back-stories and voice-acting, you can use one of the 8 (not 6) available to you.

As it was stated above, you obviously don't realize how much work goes into the scripting of characters...

I'm glad to get to choose between both options.

By the way... How is that related to a moon-godlike thread ?

----

Back to subject :

I agree with the idea of removing the aoe of the heal and making it proc once or twice per combat. Currently it is OP :)

I'm hoping races will get rebalanced in 1.05 or 1.06 patch, currently some are much better than others...

I think if they were truly lazy then they wouldn't have even included custom companions to begin with. What you have to realize is that quality voice actors cost a lot of money, think of it this way, if you had to dedicate a lot of your time to voice acting would you do it for free or for minimum wage? No, you wouldn't, unless you were in a position where you literally had to. That means that they had to take chunks straight out of their budget (which was already waning to begin with for a game like this) in order to even include voice acting.

Basically, calling them "lazy" when you haven't considered things from a business point of view is incredibly short sighted of you.

...maybe calling them 'lazy' is a more of an insult than I realized (and to be frank I still can't), but I am not going to apologize or feel bad for thinking that this is them  taking the easy way out. And for me this is that in the end of the day...it's a bit like the situation with the Keep really....

...but enough of that since it's really offtopic - continue discussing how pretty blue people are - very! :)

Generally when you call somebody lazy it is viewed as insult usually quite bad one in every culture that I have had dealings with in my life. So it would be quite strange if you didn't know that calling somebody lazy is generally viewed as insult and I would say that it is quite cop out to claim such thing which is quite ironic when you claim that somebody else is taking easy way out. 

And it is strange that you say that they should do things like they are in BG2, which gives you option to make custom silent party from beginning (addition to unique NPC companions that you can find allover) without even trying to make it as part of game world. 

I look at the godmode races as something people can use to cheat but without having to actually use the console.

It makes it hard to look at class balance when every encounter can be made so much easier with the simple "make everyone a moon godlike, steamroll the game" When a fighter, or better yet a monk, moon godlike can do a better job at party support via AoE healing three times per encounter than a Paladin there is something wrong. Replacing any class that will consistently take damage with a moon godlike is the best strategy, there is not a better racial ability, except perhaps for the fire god's AoE fire aura when combined with carnage and blooded.

At the least the moon godlike's heal should be self only, no AoE. Changed to per rest if you keep the three heals or per encounter if you drop it to one heal at 50%.

The fire godmode's fire aura should not increase per level, nothing else does and this should follow suit.

In a world where hollowborn are put to death, I find it hard to believe that some monstrously deformed devil child would not be killed at birth. Also there should be a setting or a mod that changes all of the backer godlikes into something else, every other person you see is on fire or glowing blue.

Indeed I'm playing with 

Main tank Moon like fighter

Off tank moon like rogue

Off tank  / DPS char Fire like Baba

And Finally I cut the need for more then 10con in PoTD in a six man party. Both the tanks run around with 18 Might 10 con 10 dex (only dump stat is int).

It's THAT better for my DPS meter ;p

Honestly I like it, the heal is not that OP since you will have to rest a bit more if you want to improve the overall DPS of the party dumping con a bit. I ended resting less when I used an Orlan tank (18con) + pala off tank because you have more total HP to play with so I found it a decent balance between the 2.

Basically IMO Moon Like let's you be more DPS oriented with more rest overall, while having 2 HEAVY tanks doesn't require the moon godlike and you'll rest less but you will do less dps as well.

And I'm talking in a min/max set up with 6 ppl in PoTD.

For solo run you more or less try to "cheat" the game with split pulls, bottle neck, figurine / retaliation. I don't see moon to be more game changing then any other abuse people use out of here (main reason couz I don't like the solo mode, to be honest).

And about role play, I'm in the group of players who likes RPG games on PC but don't care about roleplaying. I ended up running BG2 modded (ascendancy and all the others "hard mode" mod you can find out of here) more then any other single player. I played competitive WOW for a couple of years (top 100 world pve progress guild here) so I honestly just care about hardcore progress and that's my playstile.

RPG games on the PC are "hybryd" for masses of people that have very different playstile, from casual to hardcore to full roleplay oriented. You can't demand to have perfect balance (in not modded setup) IMO it's too hard to achieve that, honestly ;)

I ended running BG2 for years with more or less the same class (dual classed wizards) + 1 inquisitor. Here the choices aren't that deep but at least I can run with 4 different classes and try different set-up without hurting myself too much. It's OK atm after all. Isn't it?

Everything great, but the problem is that Moon Like racial is straight better by miles than other racial. I wouldn’t argue with your opinion if all racial benefit player in similar way you described- one heal, one reduce damage, one increase attack speed, one increase defensive rolls, one make you do more damage the less/more Endurance you have etc. etc.

So all racials can compensate for some class lacks or stat dumping, similar to like Moon Like compensate for lack of self-heal or dumping CON.

I don’t have problem with Moon Like racial idea. However, I have problem with it being superior to every other racial in game.

In a world where hollowborn are put to death, I find it hard to believe that some monstrously deformed devil child would not be killed at birth. Also there should be a setting or a mod that changes all of the backer godlikes into something else, every other person you see is on fire or glowing blue.

World where gods have concrete influence in people's every day life by direct acts of power that people can easily perceive themselves it would be quite odd if they would start kill outright children that is marked by god, is such mark blessing or curse is debatable but marked by god anyway. Especially in area where they suffer something (Waidwen's Legacy[hollowborn children]) that they think is caused by people crossing will of the god, probably is even less willing to do anything that could anger gods more, even if they dislike or even fear how those who are marked by gods look.

I look at the godmode races as something people can use to cheat but without having to actually use the console.

It makes it hard to look at class balance when every encounter can be made so much easier with the simple "make everyone a moon godlike, steamroll the game" When a fighter, or better yet a monk, moon godlike can do a better job at party support via AoE healing three times per encounter than a Paladin there is something wrong. Replacing any class that will consistently take damage with a moon godlike is the best strategy, there is not a better racial ability, except perhaps for the fire god's AoE fire aura when combined with carnage and blooded.

At the least the moon godlike's heal should be self only, no AoE. Changed to per rest if you keep the three heals or per encounter if you drop it to one heal at 50%.

The fire godmode's fire aura should not increase per level, nothing else does and this should follow suit.

Indeed I'm playing with 

Main tank Moon like fighter

Off tank moon like rogue

Off tank  / DPS char Fire like Baba

And Finally I cut the need for more then 10con in PoTD in a six man party. Both the tanks run around with 18 Might 10 con 10 dex (only dump stat is int).

It's THAT better for my DPS meter ;p

Honestly I like it, the heal is not that OP since you will have to rest a bit more if you want to improve the overall DPS of the party dumping con a bit. I ended resting less when I used an Orlan tank (18con) + pala off tank because you have more total HP to play with so I found it a decent balance between the 2.

Basically IMO Moon Like let's you be more DPS oriented with more rest overall, while having 2 HEAVY tanks doesn't require the moon godlike and you'll rest less but you will do less dps as well.

And I'm talking in a min/max set up with 6 ppl in PoTD.

For solo run you more or less try to "cheat" the game with split pulls, bottle neck, figurine / retaliation. I don't see moon to be more game changing then any other abuse people use out of here (main reason couz I don't like the solo mode, to be honest).

And about role play, I'm in the group of players who likes RPG games on PC but don't care about roleplaying. I ended up running BG2 modded (ascendancy and all the others "hard mode" mod you can find out of here) more then any other single player. I played competitive WOW for a couple of years (top 100 world pve progress guild here) so I honestly just care about hardcore progress and that's my playstile.

RPG games on the PC are "hybryd" for masses of people that have very different playstile, from casual to hardcore to full roleplay oriented. You can't demand to have perfect balance (in not modded setup) IMO it's too hard to achieve that, honestly ;)

I ended running BG2 for years with more or less the same class (dual classed wizards) + 1 inquisitor. Here the choices aren't that deep but at least I can run with 4 different classes and try different set-up without hurting myself too much. It's OK atm after all. Isn't it?

Everything great, but the problem is that Moon Like racial is straight better by miles than other racial. I wouldn’t argue with your opinion if all racial benefit player in similar way you described- one heal, one reduce damage, one increase attack speed, one increase defensive rolls, one make you do more damage the less/more Endurance you have etc. etc.

So all racials can compensate for some class lacks or stat dumping, similar to like Moon Like compensate for lack of self-heal or dumping CON.

I don’t have problem with Moon Like racial idea. However, I have problem with it being superior to every other racial in game.

Did someone said human in baldur's gate vs others? (multi class against dual class, CMON)

Again the problem is not that godlike are too good, but that the other races are USELESS and don't have nice triggers to build around them.

Even the bonus/malus stats of each race are almost useless if you don't DUMB 2 attribuites, witch not all classes wanna do even in min/max set up IMO.

This game is just around moon/fire/wood elves and that's it (you can add island if you like to build a ranged gunner cipher like most of the people do). All the other races are quite fail from a design pow since the abilities are situational or not good enough to reserve a spot IMO and that's the true problem.

Edited by B4nJ0

World where gods have concrete influence in people's every day life by direct acts of power that people can easily perceive themselves it would be quite odd if they would start kill outright children that is marked by god, is such mark blessing or curse is debatable but marked by god anyway. Especially in area where they suffer something (Waidwen's Legacy[hollowborn children]) that they think is caused by people crossing will of the god, probably is even less willing to do anything that could anger gods more, even if they dislike or even fear how those who are marked by gods look.

In ancient time Roman law had "The mother is always certain, the father is always uncertain" If your child does not look like the father there is a good chance/certainty that the wife was unfaithful. In a tightknit village community where everyone know everybody, having a child that does not look like you would be the source of ridicule.

Having a child that looks like a monster would be much worse. Was your wife unfaithful with a demon? Was your wife unfaithful with another man and the demon child is a punishment from the gods?

Knowing how cruel kids are when it comes to someone being perceived as different, how cruel would they be to the little demon spawn in the village?

The game setting has a lot of superstitious people, it would be easy for there to be a drought or a crop blight and someone would spout off that it must be the demonspawn that caused it. People accused of witchcraft were drowned because witches are made of wood, if you float you are a witch and they kill you, if you sink you drown but are not a witch.

...maybe calling them 'lazy' is a more of an insult than I realized (and to be frank I still can't), but I am not going to apologize or feel bad for thinking that this is them  taking the easy way out. And for me this is that in the end of the day...it's a bit like the situation with the Keep really....

...but enough of that since it's really offtopic - continue discussing how pretty blue people are - very! :)

Most Kickstarters are a labor of love. They often require more money than they intake to reach all stretch goals and create a finished product.

Would you do all that extra work for free?

If so, I'm sure I've got some work you could do for me for free!

In ancient time Roman law had "The mother is always certain, the father is always uncertain" If your child does not look like the father there is a good chance/certainty that the wife was unfaithful. In a tightknit village community where everyone know everybody, having a child that does not look like you would be the source of ridicule.

Having a child that looks like a monster would be much worse. Was your wife unfaithful with a demon? Was your wife unfaithful with another man and the demon child is a punishment from the gods?

Knowing how cruel kids are when it comes to someone being perceived as different, how cruel would they be to the little demon spawn in the village?

The game setting has a lot of superstitious people, it would be easy for there to be a drought or a crop blight and someone would spout off that it must be the demonspawn that caused it. People accused of witchcraft were drowned because witches are made of wood, if you float you are a witch and they kill you, if you sink you drown but are not a witch.

In Roman times there was no gods that had ability impact with real force people's everyday life. People of Eora know that gods exist they can actually see how their powers work in world and have no doubts that it is gods that do those things. And so when you have child that bears mark of god in them even if you think that they look horrific because of that you most likely don't kill that child because you fear what gods can do to you. So people of Eora don't think that godlike children are demons or children of demons because they know for the fact that they are people marked by gods, although people of Eora aren't certain are those who bear mark of god blessed or cursed, as gods give only vague answers even those who they decide to give any answer for the question.

And as you point out there is lot of superstitious people in Eora, who wouldn't in anyway want to cross the gods, which means that godlikes are probably of the all the races most unlikely to face violence because of their race. This of course don't mean that people necessary treat them well even if they think that they are blessed by gods, because they look strange (it is established in lore that most people find godlikes odd/strange looking ) and it is hard to treat people that you know are blessed/cursed by god/s as same as other people around you, and these things combined probably in most cases would make godlikes feel like they aren't really part of the community and that their are hard to establish relationships with other people where both treat each other equally (which is what setting's lore tell us how godlikes are usually treated and perceived). 

• Like 1

The descriptions of death and nature godlikes literally say that they're often killed at birth. Moon's description says that they're the most tolerated of their kind, which implies that the whole godlike race is not very tolerated in general.

That doesn't necessarily mean "killed on sight" (though probably on occassion), but I wouldn't expect a bunch of godlikes hanging out with the locals in every tavern as if nothing happened, or even being admitted in the first place. Not to mention that, killed at birth or not, the percentage of the population that has been touched by the gods is probably supposed to be quite small.

The descriptions of death and nature godlikes literally say that they're often killed at birth. Moon's description says that they're the most tolerated of their kind, which implies that the whole godlike race is not very tolerated in general.

That doesn't necessarily mean "killed on sight" (though probably on occassion), but I wouldn't expect a bunch of godlikes hanging out with the locals in every tavern as if nothing happened, or even being admitted in the first place. Not to mention that, killed at birth or not, the percentage of the population that has been touched by the gods is probably supposed to be quite small.

I'd at least WAVE rather than MOON them, if only to give them a SILVER lining to their dreary existence.

I'd at least WAVE rather than MOON them, if only to give them a SILVER lining to their dreary existence.

Pistols at dawn.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Omg, I love when people try to compare fantasy world society with our society and what they would do…

Ther are elves there, dwarves, ogres, trolls, dragons, bah! there are guys running around and throwing fireballs, lightnings and ice storms from their hand. Bah! there are guys who can change themselves to animals. Bah! There are guys who sing and can summon OUT OF NOWHERE wyrms in front of you. God or something? Not only that- there are undeads, immortality is possible, diseases and wounds can be healed by magic. And animants can put animal soul into other people...

To add to that- you have Gods that actually are, they even show themselves to men, you can see their priest channeling their powers. They talk to people. Bah! you can’t find any logical arguments that gods do not exist, because they are. One even stepped down on earth.

And all people worship gods in this world, because you would be stupid not to belive if gods truly exist, and that is a fact same as there are lions in the world.

And then you see that some children born with signs of magic/god touch etc.  And you think those people kill it on sight? Do you think this is so abnormal? You have fire gods, nature gods, some God of Death, some other gods. And children can have signs of being touch by them. In society where GODS ARE AROUND and magic is nothing strange.

Society like this have totally different morality, rules, priorities, mentality, view of life and death and purpouse then our have. Everything. They live knowing for sure that their soul will go on in Cycle. Nah! they can go to animants and see their soul! They have proofs that gods are, bah! there are facts that there is immortality in this world.

In such society, crawling with people from AT LEAST 5 different races in each town/city, mages, animants etc. I don’t think godlikes children are that much strange phenomenon..

And remember people have different view on world- they know gods watch them. It is not like here- when you kill child and maybe God will punish you when you die. No, here you can kill child and next day your house is destroyed by lightning. And that could be a god that punished you. They can do it.

What you discuss here (off-topic) is totally dump discussion. You have no idea, not even any comparison what mentality would people have in such world. They might look human, but they could be TOTALLY different from us.

And please tell me if you know Magrana that you would try to hurt your child who is cleary touched by some flame-phenomena…

Edited by Voltron

Omg, I love when people try to compare fantasy world society with our society and what they would do…

If you're referring to those who mentioned the Romans, fair enough. In my post, though, I spoke strictly about what the game says (except maybe the percentage of the population thing), and didn't make any real world comparisons.

And you think those people kill it on sight?

It's not about what anyone thinks; the game specifically states so, at least concerning some of the subraces. That's my point.

Not really interested in discussing this to death, anyway. I just wanted to point that out, but I can live with the backers as they are, and this has gone off-topic enough.

Edited by CriticalFailure

This is how Godlikes are described in PoE's lore book

"Godlike
The godlike are the children of kith who have been blessed (or cursed, depending on personal or social view) with the physical manifestation of a divine spark granted by the gods. Godlike manifest their divine heritage in a variety of ways—wings, horns, strange birthmarks, talons, odd eyes—but they always manifest it somehow. Though their appearances vary, hey are unmistakably otherworldly when anyone gets a clear look at them. Sometimes, the reaction they get is overwhelmingly positive. Many times, the reaction is overwhelmingly hostile. For better or worse, the physical characteristics that mark them as godlike always come with supernatural blessings (and curses) of their own. Godlike are equally uncommon all over the world. No one region seems to have any more or less than another. The life expectancy of godlike tends to be similar to that of the mother’s and father’s race. All godlike are sterile. They are incapable of reproduction with each other or any other creature. This fact often colors how cultures regard them and their roles in society. 

Godlike Variety
It’s not accurate to say that there is only one ethnicity of godlike because most godlike are fundamentally unique. Even if there are physiological similarities between two

godlike, the circumstances of their birth and upbringing mean those similarities don’t mean much. There are only two constants for godlike. First, the shape of their heads is distinctly and obviously unlike any other kith. It’s virtually impossible for them to conceal their nature without drawing an enormous amount of attention. Second, godlike limbs are always covered in some sort of growth (scales, feathers, talons, etc.) or energy that is also obviously not like other kith. It doesn’t prevent them from wearing clothing of any sort, but if their limbs are exposed, their nature is obvious to anyone who sees it.

• Features: Facial structure tends to be as the mother’s and father’s (e.g., a mountain dwarf godlike will tend to have a wide jaw and more square face shape, even if the skin coloration is completely different).
  • Skin: Skin tones sometimes come from the mother and father, but often are completely unnatural or blend into some sort of unnatural growth (e.g., moss, feathers, etc.). In many cases, godlike skin is completely unnatural, looking like it is made of water, fire, gold, or some other seemingly impossible material. Substances like fire or water have a realistic appearance, but do not burn or transfer moisture. Like many aspects of godlike physiology, their seemingly supernatural attributes defy commonly understood physical truths.
  • Hair: Hair is often not hair but horn, fire, plant growths, feathers, or other oddities. Sometimes they do have hair but it is of an strange tone or texture and blends in with other growths.
  • Eyes: Godlike eyes are always unusual in some way, from an unnatural coloration to odd iris shapes (e.g., goat or bird iris shapes) to no visible iris or pupil."

So such sub races as death, fire, nature and moon godlikes don't actually exist in Eora, but instead every godlike is more or less their unique race, which is of course probably quite difficult to produce in character creation, but it could be nice if they in future changes it so that you can create your own godlike 'race' from selecting blessings/curses of the gods and so that you can produce godlikes that are more such that are described in the lore.

Population description of Dyrwood:

"The Free Palatinate of Dyrwood
(DEER-wood, Aedyran)
• Adjective: Dyrwoodan
• Demonym: Dyrwoodan
• Language: Aedyran, some Hylspeak, Vailian,
Glanfathan
• Population: 1,900,000. 80% Resident, 20% Transient. 20% Urban, 80% Rural. Meadow Folk (40%), Wood Elves (30%), Hearth Orlans (10%), Ocean Folk (5%), Mountain Dwarves (5%), Savannah Folk (5%), Other (5%)" [Aumaua, Wild Orlans, Boreal Dwarves and Godlikes have total about 95k population in Dyrwood].

But their culture descriptions don't have even single mention how any of the Eora's cultures actually perceives godlikes. So how people see godlikes seems to be depending on very local social views. But generally godlikes don't have very impactful role in any direction in world of Eora, it looks like they are more afterwards added thing which deeper cultural impact has not been examined at least yet very deeply in this setting. Meaning that currently people can more or less make their own conclusions how people actually would react towards them and what kind social impact they would have.

Although this can be found from description of Dyrwoodans, which gives some explanation why there is so little impolite reactions towards player's race even if person speaking them generally don't regard their race high.

"Selfishness
In the same spirit with which Dyrwoodans view sacrifice as a virtue, they view the lack of proactive kindness and charity as selfishness. In some circumstances this can be expressed as passive-aggressive courtesy, but in most social interactions it is ingrained, habitual, but genuine politeness."

And this passage tells something about racism and cultural hostility in Dyrwood

"Face Painting
A racist condemnation. If someone is “face painting,” they’re acting like (or overly sympathizing with) Glanfathans. It refers both to the Glanfathan elf practice of using body paint as well as the multicolor fur patterns of wild orlans. Not all Dyrwoodans use the term “face painting” or think that such behavior is bad, but there is a strong streak of racism in many communities, especially near Eir Glanfath."

Descriptions for godlikes from the game:

"The godlike are children of the kith ("civilized" races) who have been blessed with physical aspects associated with the gods (though some do not consider it a blessing). These aspects may take many forms and often come with mystical powers. Aberrant head shapes are typical, and godlike are unable to wear protective headgear as it is near-impossible to find anything that fits. Because of their unusual nature and their inability to reproduce, godlike are often viewed with fear and wonder."

"Death godlike are the most distrusted of their kind. Strange growths cover their eyes - or, in some cases, entire face - giving them a sinister appearance. The growths are transparent for the godlike but opaque from the outside, hiding their features. Death godlike are commonly killed at birth because many cultures consider them to be harbingers of doom.

Death's Usher - When death godlike attack an enemy with 25% or less Endurance, their damage is increased."

"The bodies of fire godlike often resemble hot metal, burnt wood, or stone, with harmless flames that erupt from the cracks in their skin. Fire godlike are objects of both reverence and fear in the Deadfire Archipelago. Many locals believe they have the power to awaken volcanos - or that killing one will cause a volcano to awaken. In the Dyrwood, fire godlike are often seen as a sign of the blessing of Magran, goddess of war and fire.

Battle-Forged - When reduced below 50% Endurance, fire godlike glow like metal in a forge, gaining Damage Reduction and doing a small amount of fire damage to any creature who hits them in melee."

"Nature godlike appear to be a fusion of human and animal features, often covered by plants, moss, or fungi. This has led to the common stigma that they are diseased, and many are killed at birth because of it. Many druidic orders have a keen interest in nature godlike because of their general curiosity as to how souls occupy animals, plants, and stones.

Wellspring of Life - Grants a bonus to Might, Constitution, and Dexterity when Endurance is below 50%."

"Moon godlike are the most tolerated of the godlike. While their skin tone and a large moon-like growth on their foreheads may be strange to some, their appearances are generally considered more palatable by the other kith. Sailors have many beliefs about moon godlike and their propensity to bring luck, though there is little agreement as to what kind of luck they tend to bring.

Silver Tide - Every encounter, when reduced below 75%, 50%, and 25% Endurance, moon godlike generate waves of healing moonlight that restore Endurance to them and their allies."

Where we see that game gives us somewhat different picture about godlikes than the lore book, as it impression that godlikes have often quite lot commonalities that gives people ability to put them in certain boxes (death, fire, nature and moon for example). And as in lore book their impact in cultures is very vague. Like for example mention that death godlikes are most distrusted and commonly killed in birth and that they are seen as harbingers of of doom in many cultures (but no specifies even here what cultures are those who see them such). And if they are seen blessed or cursed by god of Death, then how those cultures that worships Rymrgand, which I assume is god whose mark people think they bear, above other gods see them like many Pale Elves from The White that Wends, or maybe they are seen be marked by Berath or maybe they are seen to be marked by both gods of death and there is no mention how people in Dyrwood generally perceive them, which is quite disappointing. 

Also Nature godlikes are described to be often killed at the birth because they are seen as diseased, although it is mentioned that druidic orders have keen interest on them it is mentioned that it is because of their curiosity about how souls work and no mention about whose mark they are perceived to bear as there is no god of nature in this setting, closest ones are Galawain god of hunts, Hylea goddess of birds and sky, and Ondra goddess of water and the moon [which one I would ask, probably more visible one], of course there is possibility that people see them to be blessed by Rymrgand, who is also god of famine and plague. And it is  bit disappointing to see that there is no description how people who worship those gods see them and that there is no description how people of Dyrwood see them.

Fire godlikes have in my opinion best description of all godlikes, because it actually tells us how people in Dyrwood and Deadfire Archipelago view them, and which god people (at least in Dyrwood) associate them. In Dyrwood it seems that Fire godlikes would be quite welcomed as worshiping Magran over other gods is what most Dyrwoodans do and they are seen as blessing of Magran (not just blessed by Magran). Which would explain uncommonly large number of fire godlikes in Dyrwood.

Moon godlikes' description follows nature and death godlikes' descriptions as yet again there is no mention which god people associate them with, although from their name one can draw conclusion that they are associated with Ondra. And they also lack mention how people of Dyrwood see them, but it is mentioned that sailors see them as bringers of luck (even if some think that it is bad luck that they bring, maybe those sailors think that moon godlikes are cursed by Rymrgand, who is also god of bad luck addition to his other titles), which would explain why we can see such large number of moon godlikes in port city like Defiance Bay and those settlements near it. 

But anyway I would hope that Obsidian would revisit godlikes and decide are their blessings/curses/what ever more unique things or are those things relatively common so that people actually can divide them in groups like fire, death, nature and moon godlikes, current vague descriptions that are contradict each other somewhat is just disappointing. And I would also like to see better descriptions how people perceive them and which gods they associate them with and how that association causes people to react them differently.  Especially now when Obsidian has plans to produce P&P role game setting in Eora, so it would nice to know more specifics, even if it isn't strictly speaking necessary, but I personally like to have more specifics about setting. 

The only specific mentions of Death Godlike that I can think of in-game are both from people referring to them as touched by Berath - so presumably, that's at least a belief that exists in the Dyrwood.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

So a party of 2+ moon godlikes is like being struck by lightning out of the blue. Twice.

2+ godlikes in a party --- extreme minmaxing / munchkin.

people aren't nearly as tolerant of bad design decisions that are covered up by blaming the player as they use to be.