Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

We are Dwarves

Cool New game Ukraine Commandos Oddworld

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

obyknven

obyknven

(0) Nub

• Members.
  • 0 posts

This thread about upcoming Ukrainian cool game "We are Jews Dwarves".

WZxPzg7RhEo.jpg

"We Are The Dwarves is brimming with potential and I haven’t even mentioned that one of the dwarves may well be an owl disguised as a dwarf. Do take a look."
- Adam Smith, ROCK, PAPER, SHOTGUN
"And let’s face it, who doesn’t like Dwarves?."
- Amario Andre, Gamer Headlines
"I am always on the lookout for new and interesting games being developed for the PC, and I think We Are the Dwarves may fit that bill."
- Cyber, Death by Beta
"In our opinion " We are Dwarves " is looking to be a fantastic fantasy game, with a gorgeous story driven experience that will please most gamers alike. Besides, who needs wizards and warriors when you've got three awesome astronaut dwarves!"
- Neil, Indie Retro News
"You had me at concept art….. Check out these brilliant looking art works from the upcoming PC/Mac title We are the Dwarves from the Kiev-based game studio Whale Rock Games."
- Jason Lee, Nine Over Ten
"У нас можно будет грабить караваны! :)."
- Alice Gurska, Kitchen Riots

s0JKqpk3w4Y.jpg

hxvOgkUTLSc.jpg

2rx9Kw2KR8Y.jpg

XfZGqT8KLjA.jpg

9958cd4b-965b-441a-8375-e9e41cf5c674.gif

ff18d6b7-2c90-4a65-a277-cbe1b53dec5d.gif

008c07ac-f789-4e33-b763-92a931364d05.gif

tumblr_inline_ni44tj8sqy1t90epe.gif

https://www.kickstar...are-the-dwarves

https://www.facebook...wearethedwarves

https://vk.com/wearethedwarves

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=279855788

• HoonDing and Nonek like this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9163 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

tumblr_inline_ni44tj8sqy1t90epe.gif

:lol: that is too funny.

Some nice art, too.

Nonek

Nonek

Not of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3040 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Well one can certainly state that the art design is nice and original, and the world looks different from the usual RPG, however i'm personally not too sure about a game set entirely (it seems) underground. The first part of Rune began in such a manner and it always felt a little...claustophobic?

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 7550 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

It certainly looks cool.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9358 posts

Ukrainians make better games than Russians.

• Malcador and BruceVC like this

Sharp_one

Sharp_one

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 783 posts
Ukrainian game? Will there be worshipping fascist murderers?

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4368 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Ukrainians make better games than Russians.

Yeah that's been proven time and time again and I'm sure Oby will recognize this  :yes:

The game looks very cool, I like the artwork. I'll support this game on KS 

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7909 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer
I dunno, 1C's stuff is pretty good.

BruceVC

BruceVC

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4368 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I see the KS was cancelled ages ago....but the game is still Steam Greenlit so that should be fine..I assume its legitimate ?

obyknven

obyknven

(0) Nub

• Members.
  • 0 posts

I see the KS was cancelled ages ago....but the game is still Steam Greenlit so that should be fine..I assume its legitimate ?

Game in development.  Date of last update is April 15th, 2015 

http://wearethedwarv...456564257#notes

Gizmo

Gizmo

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Well one can certainly state that the art design is nice and original, and the world looks different from the usual RPG, however i'm personally not too sure about a game set entirely (it seems) underground. The first part of Rune began in such a manner and it always felt a little...claustophobic?

Rune, and Arx Fatalis both were mostly underground, and both superb.  Though I always did want to find the way out ~even in Eye of the Beholder.

Edited by Gizmo, 21 April 2015 - 10:14 AM.

• Nonek likes this

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 7550 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock

Rune, and Arx Fatalis both were mostly underground, and both superb.  Though I always did want to find the way out ~even in Eye of the Beholder.

Man, Arx Fatalis is one game that could really have benefited from touchscreens.  The magic system was super clumsy with a mouse, but on a touchscreen it would have been awesome.  If only that game had been made a decade later.

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Legend of Grimrock and Ultima Underworld as well.

Practically there is also very little difference with being set underground or in any enclosed space- to most practical purposes games like System Shock could be counted as well. Mostly they use the somewhat claustrophobic feeling as an asset to add to the atmosphere.

Gizmo

Gizmo

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Legend of Grimrock and Ultima Underworld as well.

Practically there is also very little difference with being set underground or in any enclosed space- to most practical purposes games like System Shock could be counted as well. Mostly they use the somewhat claustrophobic feeling as an asset to add to the atmosphere.

It's interesting that Eye of the Beholder and Grimrock both got sequels that started out in the open air. Later the team that made EoB2, did Throne of Chaos, and that had quite a bit of open air adventuring.

Man, Arx Fatalis is one game that could really have benefited from touchscreens. The magic system was super clumsy with a mouse, but on a touchscreen it would have been awesome. If only that game had been made a decade later.

I'd have liked for "Die By The Sword" to have been made after the Wii; (or for the Wii to have been made in 1997). DBTS had the potential to shame every other sword fighting RPG of the day... and did so with software 3D, and [sadly] mouse or keyboard control.

This is how DBTS plays using a Wii controller: https://www.youtube....h?v=5D8Jfr-sIpM

Edited by Gizmo, 21 April 2015 - 02:32 PM.

Nonek

Nonek

Not of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3040 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Yes I never felt that shut in feeling with the Underworlds, even though in both I literally was, strange.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10683 posts
Being underground was part of the charm of Rogue and its likes. But I'm an old Nethack fan, so I'm probably biased. Being a claustrophobic dwarf would probably suck though.

In a bird with vertigo kind of way :p

But then evolution came up with the ostrich.

Just rambling.

obyknven

obyknven

(0) Nub

• Members.
  • 0 posts

For me must interesting thing in this project is Al or enemies behavior. Devs promise:

Enemies with personal and collective mind, senses to “see”, ”hear”, ”smell the trace” and communicate with each other;

Cthulhu theme is cool also. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cool, New game, Ukraine, Commandos, Oddworld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users